Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Live Streaming of the announcement of the new Assault Weapons Ban

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Russ1590, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Russ1590

Russ1590 Clark Co Member

2. Russ1590

Russ1590 Clark Co Member

The NY politician stated the bill would work because Lanza (Newtown, CT criminal) wouldn't have been able to walk into the store and buy his high capacity magazines... If you can't find the magazines in the stores, but there are millions in the land I'm pretty sure that they'll be plenty available. Not to mention being able to get them from Mexico.

3. Norm0931

Norm0931 Hillsboro, OR Sgt. Sheep Silver Vendor 2016 Volunteer

"Things would have been different if he had to reload more than twice." What a moron. Obviously another legislator who knows absolutely nothing about firearms. Another great quote, "Despite the numbers, we KNOW that this legislation could have prevented Newtown." So...despite actual facts, you think you are still correct because...?

4. just dan

just dan PDX Active Member

ban PROPOSAL.... not ban. huge difference.

now everyone start calling and writing letters to your representatives. AND... keep an eye on the flanks; this extreme ban proposal could easily get focus while something else sneaks past.

any, anything that gets passed is a free ticket for the next "minor" ban... death by 1000 cuts.

1 person likes this.
  5. mcm1979

mcm1979 seattle New Member

Good Lord, I can barely stomach listening to these people talk...apparently the firearm made Lanza do what he did. He was just a tortured soul that played too many video games. GIVE ME A BREAK! These people are ridiculously ignorant. Their lack of critical thinking skills is astounding..

6. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Wow is that a dog and jack show

1 person likes this.
  7. Norm0931

Norm0931 Hillsboro, OR Sgt. Sheep Silver Vendor 2016 Volunteer

Talk about tap dancing on the graves of kids. I wonder why they decided against just bring one of the bodies and wave it in front of the cameras. I love how they've said several times they aren't taking away the sidearms that shop owners use to defend themselves in a bad neighborhood when, as we all know, handguns are used in over 80% of firearms crime.

accessbob and (deleted member) like this.
  8. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

9. bill97024

bill97024 Oregon Member

Agreed. With what's going on right now in Germany and NY we need to redouble our efforts to prevent anything from getting passed. Keep those phone calls, letters, and emails flowing. Let your representatives know how you feel and how you will vote. Stay strong brothers and sisters.

10. Russ1590

Russ1590 Clark Co Member

11. John H

John H Whatcom County Well-Known Member

I like how our streets are just full of these evil weapons.

Funny that I have never seen one.

12. bluesurf

bluesurf Portland Active Member

Feeling a little sick...

13. RicInOR

RicInOR Washington County Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

14. Don H

Don H Oregon Well-Known Member

I typed in all the complete list here.. http://www.northwestfirearms.com/legal-political/118824-list-weapons-banned-introduced-1-24-a.html

Here is the 'Rifle Section' I typed it in myself so there maybe some typos... Looks like Thomson is really SOL!
    Here is the 'Shotguns' section

The 'Belt-fed semiautomatic firearms'

Here is the 'Pistol Section'

15. Medic!

Medic! What just happened? Has eagle eyes. But cant remember what he saw. Bronze Supporter

The legislation strengthens the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban and state bans by:
     Moving from a 2-characteristic test to a 1-characteristic test.
    o The bill also makes the ban harder to evade by eliminating the easy-to-remove bayonet mounts and flash suppressors from the characteristics test.
     Banning dangerous aftermarket modifications and workarounds.
    o Bump or slide fire stocks, which are modified stocks that enable semi-automatic weapons to fire at rates similar to fully automatic machine guns.
    o So-called “bullet buttons” that allow the rapid replacement of ammunition magazines, frequently used as a workaround to prohibitions on detachable magazines.
    o Thumbhole stocks, a type of stock that was created as a workaround to avoid prohibitions on pistol grips.
     Adding a ban on the importation of assault weapons and large-capacity magazines.
     Eliminating the 10-year sunset that allowed the original federal ban to expire

I posted this in another thread. But this thread talked about sliping things by without notice. Or using a bill or part of a bill to distract from a smaller but dangerous threat.
    The most sneeky part of this bill I have seen so far is this. Now think about this. Look at that last line. If they eliminate the 10-year sunset that allowed the original federal ban to expire. All guns made between 2004 and now would not be legal guns. At best we could reconfigure them. But probibly we would need to turn them in or face charges. Why else reenact the long dead ''94'' ban? This new 2013 ban has more teeth. It's got to be a play to go after the guns made since 2004. Say by-by to all these new designed guns like most piston driven ar's. That's if this passes. At least I can keep my HK-91.
    OK I will stop posting this. It made me angry. That's why I posted it in two threads. I want people to see how crafty the people trained in politics can be.

16. fd15k

fd15k Tigard,OR Well-Known Member

LOL. Have you seen this :

Feinstein-Weapons-Ban-e1359047805173.jpg

17. Medic!

Medic! What just happened? Has eagle eyes. But cant remember what he saw. Bronze Supporter

I'm saying my HK-91 was made befor the 94 wepons band. If they reenact the 94-2004 weapons ban. Then all the guns made between 2004 and now would not be legaly configured per the 94 ban. Only pre 94 guns, and the ones made in compliance with and during the 94-2004 ban period. Follow me?
    They are going after your post ban guns[94-2013] buy makeing it as if the 94 weapons ban never ended.
    What other reason can you think of to reenstate the 94-2004 weapons ban? Not saying [bring back] the old weapons ban. I'm saying they want to reenstate it. Make it to have never ended!

18. DMax

DMax Yamhill Well-Known Member

Lets just ban all guns and have a real fight cause really what difference does it make.

19. fd15k

fd15k Tigard,OR Well-Known Member

This is a new ban, not a re-enactment. It is inspired by the 94 ban, but that's about it. So forget about exemption for your pre-2004 HK91 :D Ultimately you got to wait until the actual text of the bill is available, to see what's and how is banned.

20. DeanfromOregon

DeanfromOregon Wilsonville Amateur Ascended Master Platinum Supporter

They should ban violin cases next.