JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've got a PIA birch tree I need topped. Rotten messy trees. Would like someone that's reasonable. Or telling me who NOT to call helps too.

Thanks.

Most birch trees are dying from birch borer insect infestation. Do you self a favor and just cut the sum botch off at the ground because it will be dead soon anyway. Messy, sappy worthless trees.

Most birch trees are dying from birch borer insect infestation. Do you self a favor and just cut the sum botch off at the ground because it will be dead soon anyway. Messy, sappy worthless trees.

i really hate the thing. The first 11 or so years it wasn't too messy. It'd have those little seed things that would break up and make a mess once a year. The last few years it starts about now and has crop after crop of the things until leaves start falling. The only reason I keep it is it offers shade for the boat and vehicles in the miserable blazing sun in the afternoon. It is healthy and doesn't have the borers. Believe me, I'm on the very, very edge of have the bi*** taken all the way out and spitting in the hole where it was!

If you decide to cut it down don't forget to check and see if you need a permit from the politburo.

Do I need a permit to remove trees on private property? | Do I need a permit? | The City of Portland, Oregon

This just one of the many reasons I moved out of Portland almost 3 years ago after spending 64 years there, almost my entire life. When I bought my first house in the 70's it had 2 mountain ash trees in the parking strip. They and the birds they attracted made a huge mess. So I had a buddy help me cut them down and nobody said boo. Several of the neighbors said how nice it was that those trees were gone. About 10 years later a neighbor cut down a tree in the parking strip and you would have thought he murdered someone. He got hauled into court and was fined. That was the beginning of a long downhill slide with my opinion of Portland.

This just one of the many reasons I moved out of Portland almost 3 years ago after spending 64 years there, almost my entire life. When I bought my first house in the 70's it had 2 mountain ash trees in the parking strip. They and the birds they attracted made a huge mess. So I had a buddy help me cut them down and nobody said boo. Several of the neighbors said how nice it was that those trees were gone. About 10 years later a neighbor cut down a tree in the parking strip and you would have thought he murdered someone. He got hauled into court and was fined. That was the beginning of a long downhill slide with my opinion of Portland.
i wish people would just mind their own bizz

Interesting, (or not?) I just read today Mountain Ash is a No-No now to be planted in Portland. I'm trying to think of something right now that is great about Portland. I can't think of anything though. I know there must be something.....

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top