JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Have you read about Lithuanian gun laws? They allow all permanent residents to carry a firearm after undergoing review.

I have an issue if they're taking firearms from law abiding residents on the premise they could engage in subversive activities.

It seems a few here are okay with confiscation if it suits their political ideologies of whom the " enemy" is.

This same type of mentality was applied to my wifes uncle who was from Yugoslavia. Everytime he'd fly home to visit family and came back to the states he'd be interrogated for hours by US customs. He eventually had to get a attorney to get off the " watch list". This went on from 1980s-till the early 2000s.

He lead a successful life here doing business, negotiating deals as a buyer and was a member of the 7th day Adventist church.

We have to remember there's people. Then politics with governments.

Casting a wide net is a dangerous precedent

It's about foreign nationals, dude.

I've read further into the laws and I have Estonian and Lits and Lat friends. You would be surprised on the amount of cyber warfare, espionage, and subterfuge that Russians have done in the Baltics. THEY GAIN ABSOLUTELY NOTHING aligning themselves and maintaining Russian citizenship of which many decided to do. As I said earlier, they are colonist and occupiers that came with an occupying army that none of the baltic citizens asked for.
They make up almost 10 to 25 percent of the population THROUGH NO FAULT AT ALL WITH THE ORIGINAL BALTIC citizens being asked if they should stay when their occupying army left. As I said before, the Russians asked Hungary if 100k of their citizens can stay in Hungary when the army left in 1991. Hungary said NO. They came with an occupying army and virtually none of them made efforts to learn the language, culture, and way of life in Hungary other than WALL OFF their entire city making it ONLY for Soviet citizens.

They have a right to protect their country and they have given tons of leeway for these Russian and BelaRus occupiers to learn the language, LEARN THE WAY OF LIFE and obtain citizenship. Guess what most CHOOSE?
:s0109:

Even here in Hungary where I live part of the year, we have clownish Orckish Russians buying questionable stuff to send home for the war effort including body armor, night vision and thermals.

I question their allegiances until the end of time if they can't even think of the thousand fold benefits of being an EU citizen, the rights, the wages, the pension system.....if all they keep wanting to drink is that toxic Russian nationalist koolaid.

Even here in Oregon... Woodburn of all places , I've seen Orckish clowns with big Z letters on their cars and trucks.

Then again come around to Cinco de Mayo and their are more Mexican flags than Americans....so it goes many ways.

That's so far out there it doesn't deserve serious comment, but no matter... As Andy subtely reminded us... this has strayed way off topic and I certainly helped derail it.
Doesnt deserve serious comment? Are you saying that German U boats hadn't been sinking American merchant ships prior to their declaration of war on the US ? Even US Navy ships had been torpedoed and sunk with great loss of life by the German U boats months before Japan attacked the US. Yet when Americans of Japanese descent who were born generations prior to WW2 were rounded up en mass and imprisoned only 11000 German citizens in the US were imprisoned without trial.

Actually in the US, we do allow non-citizens to purchase firearms as well, so long as they are legal residents. To automatically equate a certain nationalities to "illegals, felons, or terrorists" is ironically how actual "orckish clowns" think.

The "citizen vs non-citizen" is a cope by the intellectually dishonest. For instance, even we citizens were denied all sorts of rights during the rona response, which proves that the distinction is meaningless to those who believe rights come from governments, which are then free to take them away when they see fit. "Oh they could take rights from non-citizens but not from citizens!" Really? Does anyone living in the last 100 years actually believe that?

We also ought to consider that as gun-owners, we too are equated with felons and terrorists… so applying the label to people who haven't actually done anything wrong, and taking away their rights preemptively, ought to be repugnant to freedom-loving people. If it's not, then one should probably not consider oneself a freedom-loving person.
We apparently also supply firearms to the Mexican drug cartels.

Resident non-citizens shouldn't have (nor expect) the same rights, just my opinion.
Everyone has the same rights - citizen or not - regardless of the location.

However, in time of war I can see having restrictions on non-citizens who are from belligerent countries and who may be a threat.

Just like we have restrictions on felons (where I vacillate back and forth on this; I would say anyone convicted of a violent crime, especially using any weapon - should need to petition the court to get their RKBA back after some length of time after release from imprisonment/parole and display good behavior as a law abiding citizen).

"Citizens" being the operative word in this matter. I have no problem restricting the rights of non-citizens, resident or otherwise. Here or there. Resident non-citizens shouldn't have (nor expect) the same rights, just my opinion.
I see you were in Army from you're DUI avatar. What's your opinion resident aliens serving? My mother earned her citizenship in the Navy as a Doc and retired as a 05 commander.

I served in the military also. What era did you serve in? Just curious.

If you firmly believe in the Constitution of the US. Immigrants and aliens are afforded the same rights of due process as citizens. Even overseas. That's official US government policy that the Constitution travels with them.

I can't believe some bubblegum im reading here.

Last Edited:
I see you were in Army from you're DUI avatar. What's your opinion resident aliens serving? My mother earned her citizenship in the Navy as a Doc and retired as a 05 commander.

Do you still stick to your statement? I served in the military also. What era did you serve in? Just curious.

If you firmly believe in the Constitution of the US. Immigrants and aliens are afford the same rights of due process as citizens. Even overseas. That's official US government policy that the Constitution travels with them.

I can't believe some bubblegum im reading here.
Resident aliens have the same constitutionally protected rights that US citizens do. Note however that does not include voting being that voting is not a constitutionally protected right.

My question... since when do U.S. laws and citizen rights have anything to do with what goes on in Lithuania?

As many countries and cultures constantly accuse the U.S. of doing, this seems to be simply another case of righteous indignation against another countries cultural differences and laws based solely from the U.S. perspective.

If it was a human rights violation universally condemned by the international community... that's entirely different... but we're talking about Lithuania taking a measured and reasonable response to assure their citizens safety and in so doing, attempting to hinder a hostile nations ability to conduct warfare.

I don't see the problem.

Everyone has the same rights - citizen or not - regardless of the location.

However, in time of war I can see having restrictions on non-citizens who are from belligerent countries and who may be a threat.

Just like we have restrictions on felons (where I vacillate back and forth on this; I would say anyone convicted of a violent crime, especially using any weapon - should need to petition the court to get their RKBA back after some length of time after release from imprisonment/parole and display good behavior as a law abiding citizen).
So they should get to vote?

I would say anyone convicted of a violent crime, especially using any weapon
...ought to be automatically enlisted into the armed forces as first-wave troops.:s0045:

Or, perhaps fight it out in a public arena with other violent criminals for a chance to earn/buy back their freedom.🏟️

If that doesn't fix 'em, they can make for nice upright road decorations lining the highways as a message of deterrence.🏛️

Did the people of Japanese descent who were American citizens bomb Pear Harbor? Yeah, the Germans had been sinking American ships for years and Declared war on us not the other way around
I'm not disagreeing with you, but if I may add some context: In WWI, the Germans faced overwhelming, horrible bigotry and discrimination, in large part thanks to this a-hole:

GettyImages-3305403.0.jpg

.....who loved his white supremacy:

440px-wilson-quote-in-birth-of-a-nation.jpg

Hmmm...."self-preservation".....where have I seen that before? Oh! I know! Let me look back through this thread.....

Some of you REALLY like your Democrat beliefs when they align with your viewpoints. Show of hands....how many here thought Muslims should have been rounded up and arrested or put in camps after 9/11? I was 17 when that happened and I recall seeing and hearing that poisonous rhetoric very clearly in the following years by many people, ALL of them self-described Republicans or Conservatives, and ALWAYS on gun forums. Not to mention overwhelming amounts of hypocrisy and whatabout-isms.

I wish I could openly slap voters from BOTH sides of the isle....a great national slapping is long overdue. Whether it's radicalism in the classroom or condoning bigotry when it suits you.

Just tossing this out there ...again....

Lithuania is not the United States.
So....
What happens there...and how their government treats its citizens and foreign residents , does not have be in-line with US law.

And....
As a reminder....
Non-2nd Amendment political content is against NWFA rules.
Andy

It is a grey area - not a clear line, certainly not a distinct or even a fine line.

But it is not one based on "race" or religion - more one based on nationality and national security.

I would have to say I understand the reluctance of the Lithuanian government to allow citizens of Belarus or Russia, to be armed in their country, given the current belligerence of both Russia & Belarus towards Europe in general, and the invasion of Ukraine.

What's your opinion resident aliens serving?
I have no problem with that; if they are willing to serve. It's an expedited path to citizenship if they want it. Not everyone serves out of overweening patriotism; some join for the bennies, some join out of a youthful lack of direction, some because they are unemployed. In wartime, many are drafted. Yet so long as they are members of the armed services, they are serving the country and should be rewarded.

What era did you serve in
US Army 1969-72 (Vietnam 1970-72), USARNG, 1973-79.

If you firmly believe in the Constitution of the US. Immigrants and aliens are afford the same rights of due process as citizens.
Well, it's my Constitutional right to disagree with with some court interpretations over the years. I'm aware of the argument of people / persons vs. "citizens." I'm also aware of the substantial connections argument for aliens, etc, etc. It's only my opinion, but I don't think non-citizens should be armed. It's also only my opinion that many interpretations of the Constitution over the years have resulted in a sieve of legal loopholes that have been created by the lawyering business.

This is what makes America great. Non-citizens are allowed to come over here at will, do what they want, fly airplanes into skyscrapers and so on. The courts and Congress have put the country in such a position that it is no longer allowed to close the borders to any and all who want to come here. For whatever purposes. We are an open society, for ill or for good. Russia and China, they are more security conscious. But I wouldn't want to live in either place.

Lithuania is in a different space. Good on them for taking steps to keep guns out of the hands of potential subversives.

I think what it shows is that during warfare, people try to reduce the enemy's ability to wage war.

You can be a citizen of the U.S. and still be a threat to it. Let's also consider this "what if," had the Japanese not hit Pearl Harbor would have there been Japanese internment camps in the U.S.? Unlikely, - It's not like it was just randomly decided one day "hey let's round up some Japanese Americans for no reason and keep them secured" - there were events that preceded that action.

We can go round and round about what is right and citizenship, but at the end of the day the country was at war with Imperial Japan and decisions were made in relation to that.
So you're saying that the actions of others should be applied to you just based on the color of your skin or your relationships to the activities of others?

By that same token you should be able to take away guns and rights of everyone in wa state because someone with a gun committed a felony. Ipso facto the left believes that they are at a war with the right and that is the reason why guns should be taken away.

If a white American commits rape will you all face trial for it just because they committed an atrocity.

Looking back and saying ooh that was just what happened back then is short sighted and dangerous because that will equally be applied to us now. Someone in Vegas shot a bunch of people and some of his rifles had bump stocks should not equate to everyone losing that right

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top