JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was wondering if anyone else has ever put lithium grease on a slide of a semi auto pistol?
I looked at some reviews on a pistol before I bought it and one of the downside comments was a
sticky slide during the break in period. This is in regard to a Sig 1911-22.
I bought it yesterday, broke it down this morning before going shooting and put some lith ease on the slide parts. The gun performed awesome. It may have done just as well without the grease but I wanted to give it a try. I think I am going back out tommorrow.

I use TL-25...I would have to look at the tube to tell you what is in it, but it is a white grease, and is fantastic on ALL firearms. I'll check in the morning and get back.

I have some on my Sig Pro 2022 and my AR15. Grease stays put and won't run off the parts you put it on. I store almost all my guns in a vertical position, so if I use oil it almost always runs off and doesn't do it's job.

Sig Sauer recommends grease for their pistol slide rails.

I started another thread about grease in another room a while back. Although I have a jar of lithium grease, I use Mobil 1 synthetic grease exclusively now for all my firearms.

Mobil 1 synthetic is what I use. I grease semi auto rifles and pistols. Military tests grease for wash out, temperature extremes , ect.
Mobil 1 proves superior to most all other grease. It is a lot cheaper than the little 1 once of gun grease.
I bought a big tube at the automotive store for $ 9.00 it will last a lifetime.

White lithium grease is great stuff, with a tremendous lifetime. It doesn't have the high coking temperature of a synthetic oil, but it's the best choice for lower-temp, high-wear areas like the frame rails.

I use almost no lube at all - it's way too easy to use way too much - but for me it's lithium grease on the rails and Royal Purple (it's like Mobil1) everywhere else.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top