Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Lite shooting Mosin rounds

raftman

Reactions
alas, made from unobtainium...
Someone needs to market one in 7.92 Nagant to allow firing some of the other .32 cal rounds..
For Nagants, my understanding is that they can already safely shoot .32 S&W long without any modifications or accessories. I’ve even done it myself years ago. Many will even say .32 H&R magnum is safe too, without any modifications or accessories, but this is occasionally debated.

I remember there being .32acp conversion cylinders back in the day but not sure if they’re still being made now that the surplus revolver supply has dried up. Supposedly they often required some hand fitting to work.

OP
ditchtiger
Reactions
For Nagants, my understanding is that they can already safely shoot .32 S&W long without any modifications or accessories. I’ve even done it myself years ago. Many will even say .32 H&R magnum is safe too, without any modifications or accessories, but this is occasionally debated.

I remember there being .32acp conversion cylinders back in the day but not sure if they’re still being made now that the surplus revolver supply has dried up. Supposedly they often required some hand fitting to work.
he was wishing for rifle inserts to shoot Nagant ammo through a Mosin.

raftman

Reactions
he was wishing for rifle inserts to shoot Nagant ammo through a Mosin.
I guess that isn’t how I read it, because I don’t see why someone would want to do that. 7.62 Nagant is harder to find than x54R and costs just as much, if not slightly more. The same is likely true of the .32 cal cartridges generally considered safely interchangeable with 7.62 Nagant. If it’s just a recoil concern, wouldn’t 7.62 Tokarev make more sense?

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Mary's Pistols
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic small business with equally excellent folks running the place. I was given fair value for a trade in and was able to order something I...
    • Red98422
  • Gooseneck Road
    4.00 star(s)
    Very popular service road with some unmarked logging roads that branch off of the main. Relatively cleaned up from what we saw. I just wish that...
    • Benzdriver81
  • Liberty Safes of Oregon
    5.00 star(s)
    I have now purchased 2 Safe’s and constantly recommend people go here. You get better quality than the other liberty safes made for places like...
    • Motojohonda
  • Supporting Vendor Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Just dropped by today to pick up a rifle … this is what a gun store should be! None of the crotchety bluster and BS that so many other gun stores...
    • DLS
  • Supporting Vendor J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    I'll put in a good word for J&B Firearms Sales in Beaverton, on Beaverton-Hillsdale Hwy (across the street from KFC and BiMart). I've always had...
    • RVNvet