JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
.. and so many here told me they wont dare come after our guns..

I dont see this passing. I do see them breaking it apart and many smaller sections passing.
That is why we can not stop the fight.
They get NOTHING!!!!

Its very unlikely this would pass constitutional muster post Heller, more than likely this is a diversion of some type to get us to agree to something more benign.

In its current form its way to radical to gain any traction and I don't think it can even pass through the senate, it would never pass through the house.

What does concern me is the possibility it could be modified into something that could indeed pass. Like a magazine ban for example.

Call, write, raise hell.

I think we are still on box 1 of the 3 boxes of liberty, I hope to god my children never make it to box 3.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

.. and so many here told me they wont dare come after our guns..

I dont see this passing. I do see them breaking it apart and many smaller sections passing.
That is why we can not stop the fight.
They get NOTHING!!!!

This. And if not at the federal level, we have our own states to contend with.

Locally -

Last week, Washington's Senator Kline admitted in a live Seattle Times discussion stated the following -

I respect that it [the second amendment] exists, whatever its history, and that the Supreme Court interprets it broadly. Do you, on your part, also recognizes that even in giving it broad interpretation, the Court practically invited states and Congress to make reasonable safety-related restrictions on ownership, use, and carry

Does anybody know the case law that specifies, even in part, a practical invitation?

Three main things: (1) close the loophole on background-checks at gun-shows in the federal law, which Congress purposefully left open for the states to close; (2) ban semi-automatics with specific characteristics like pistol-grips, that turn them into much more lethal weapons

Kline and his gun show loophole battle cry - yet he'll rally to get rid of the three strikes law.
I asked how pistol grips make rifles somehow more lethal - oddly they didn't print my question in their moderated discussion. Go figure.

...and
Sorry, the Constitution of our state allows a legislation to make laws. If you don't like representative government, I can't help you.

anybody else feel well represented?

They removed all the semi auto handguns, such as Glocks and Sigs, from the list which showed on the first draft bill I was looking at... I guess they will start removing things one by one , until they get the Republicans to either cave in or crush the bill.

yea its okay to have an SKS because you cant replace the magazine but its still quickly reload-able :s0114: you gatta love the amount of (un)intelligence this woman has and how she claims to be a weapons expert.

Wow glad my DS Arms order for a STG 58 was not on the list. Bet ya those get a big following!!!

Seems to me that it would be banned, not based on the list, but rather this part of the bill:

"All semiautomatic rifles that can accept a detachable magazine and have at least one military feature: pistol grip; forward grip; folding, telescoping, or detachable stock; grenade launcher or rocket launcher; barrel shroud; or threaded barrel"

S.150
Latest Title: A bill to regulate assault weapons, to ensure that the right to keep and bear arms is not unlimited, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Sen Feinstein, Dianne [CA] (introduced 1/24/2013) Cosponsors (17)
Latest Major Action: 1/24/2013 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on the Judiciary.

I love the wording. On one hand it's like "make sure peasants don't too much freedom". On the other hand who gives her (or them) authority to decide what the boundaries
for the rights should be ?

Hmmmm, i dont think i will tell her she missed the PTR91 which although she got the HK91 on there by NAME she missed my gun.... quick everyone! go buy one! :s0112:

Wow glad my DS Arms order for a STG 58 was not on the list. Bet ya those get a big following!!!

Both of these would be banned based on their features...

The legislation bans the sale, transfer, manufacturing and importation of:
 All semiautomatic rifles that can accept a detachable magazine and have at least one military feature: pistol grip; forward grip; folding, telescoping, or detachable stock; grenade launcher or rocket launcher; barrel shroud; or threaded barrel.

My biggest concern is that the bill would not allow the sale or transfer of legally owned "high capacity magazines" which over time would eventually lead to consfication as individuals who owned the magazines died.

It would also lead to registration. The only way to track said "High Capacity" magazines would be to check the FFL dealers books and go from there. The ban on magazines (The number of magazines to firearms ratio is nearly tripple) would essentially be unenforceable unless they tried to register firearms.

Also, how would one track all the legal but private firearm sales that took place before the ban?
How about all the firearms that people worked on i.e. Saiga rifles and shotguns along with all the folding stocks that existed before the ban, all the spare yet banned parts.. I cannot believe they don't realize that rifles and shotguns aren't limited to just one model. I really hope they realize how asinine this whole bill is on the congress floor.

Given the choice if somehow I could not in any way (again, its unenforcable) pass my magazines and firearms down to my children..I'd rather sell my "High Capacity" magazines to the shadiest gangsters I can find (and for a premium too!) before I'd EVER let the gub'mint get their hands on them to either store or destroy. Who knows, perhaps I'll bury some mags and sell my coordinates (just the coordinates) to the highest bidder. He or she may or may not find them.. but hey.. if they come upon them they neither bought or sold mags.. they just "found" them while out on a potential fossil excavation or hike.

No law against finding them that I've seen.

If they really are this stupid (and I know they are), don't they at least see that the black market will be run rampant with magazines and firearms?
Given the choice between just giving your magazines to the gov on your death bed or selling them for $100-$200 per to some gang bangers, most would sell their crap to the gang bangers.. not everyone.. but some.

As we've all seen with the "Crisis Prices" and "New" members (not all of them, but some) here on NWFA with money signs in their eyes when the panic set in trying to sell their junk to the highest bidder.. they'd jump at the chance to sell their stuff to whom ever was interested after the ban.

And aaaaaanother thing, what about homemade magazines? Firearms as well as magazines aren't at all hard to manufacture.
Take a look at Csspecs with his Vepr, Saiga 20 and Saiga .308 mags.. He saw a market and decided to make them..
So, what about the garage gunsmith making a few for himself? I'm sure with our American ingenuity we'll always find a way to get around the law.
I (again) cannot believe that they think we have to go through commercial manufacturers and distributors to get magazines..as if they are really that difficult to make. Given enough time, I can see "High Capacity" magazine manufacturing becoming a lucrative business.
Hey, its safer than making meth.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads