JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
SCOTUS started posting cert petitions online in 2017. I downloaded all that could be downloaded and then searched all that were searchable for the term "Second Amendment". Links can be found on the Cert Petitions page on my website.

There are a couple of petitions I did not list, and if the petition was not searchable (e.g., scanned, handwritten, or not downloadable) then it likely won't appear on the page unless I stumble across them. These are typically IFP petitions where the petitioner (almost invariably a prisoner) could not afford to pay the filing fee.

There are certain groups and people out there who hype cert petitions and continue to hype petitions even after those petitions raising identical or nearly identical questions have been denied. If you want to know what cert petitions SCOTUS is almost certainly going to deny then look at the "Question(s) Presented" in the cert petitions denied since Justice Barrett took her seat on October 27, 2020.

Two cert petitions from the 2020 term have survived thus far, Young v. Hawaii and ANJRPC v. Bruck (formerly v. Grewal). There are a couple of 2021 term cert petitions that survived their first conference because the respondent did not file a response and a justice (we don't know who) requested a response. So far, every 2A cert petition that was relisted after a response was requested has not survived.

And yes, I know that there are cert petitions linked on my page that are not 2A or related petitions.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top