JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Not sure where to post this.
Recently in the vets office for my dog. They check the dog out and the vet wants to meet with me.
So she walks in fills me in on the dog and asks if I have any questions, no. She proceeds to ask about my para cord bracelet. Where did you get it etc. when I questioned why she was asking she said it was new federal regs that required her to ask questions, one of which was I a "prep per"?
Next, hospital stay day I was to leave the doctor starts to ask me:
Are you afraid to go home?
Anything that scares you to go home?
Do you have any weapons at home?

You can only imagine my dodging answers. Same answer from the doctor on why she was asking. And I can tell you she was not comfortable asking.

Anyone else experience this?

While she may be asking federally mandated questions I can imagine no compulsion that would force you to answer. Tell her to tell Obama to mind his own business!

As soon as she said "new federal regulations" you should have asked her for it. If she cannot provide it then politely refuse to answer and ask for a supervisor to seek a further explanation or express your disgust. My vet has never asked me this and my sister is a veterinarian and she has never heard of such a thing, because it doesn't exist. As others have said time to find a. new vet.

What?? A vet asked you questions about being a prepper? a veterinarian? An animal doctor right? A federal regulation for a veterinarian to ask the owner of a dog if they have guns at home.?

Your vet is crazy. seriously, get another vet. I would not trust my pet with anyone who said such nonsense.

Unless your dog had a gunshot wound.... That would be the only case where this could be even close to make sense.

38 years of vet practice, I am not aware of any such fed regulations!!
Unless there is proof of such regulations, sounds like bubblegum to me!
I could give a care less what paracord you are wearing or otherwise.
Corporate owned practices may have their own protocol.
Asking if you are a prepper as if that is some code word is simply very hard to believe.
Hardly have time to diagnose and treat, let alone ask those bubblegumming questions.
There are several other veterinarians on the forum, perhaps they will comment as well.
I would tell her to go bubblegum herself next time or simply go elsewhere.

Last Edited:
This is pretty odd...

I was anticipating questions when I got a new puppy and didn't want her microchipped, the vet didn't even bat an eye when I told them this.

My doctor tells me to quit smoking.

Then again, I don't wear paracord bracelets because they don't have enough paracord on them (usually about 7').

Well looks like the OP has left the thread.
I am thinking this story was just an attempt to smear a proffesion and cast fear for being in a prepared state of mind!
Hopefully no one that reads his bullbubblegum will with hold medical
attention for their pets for made up fear of what they are wearing or being asked personal questions.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top