JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I won't spend another dime in Cascade Arms in Olympia,home of the $50 per serial number transfer,I was going to order 2 stripped lowers and get them at the same time,they told me it would be $50 ea,even though it would be done on the same form.

I won't spend another dime in Cascade Arms in Olympia,home of the $50 per serial number transfer,I was going to order 2 stripped lowers and get them at the same time,they told me it would be $50 ea,even though it would be done on the same form.

That's a shame, but they've always been real helpful to me and there prices on instock items weren't terrible.

Funny that this thread should pop up now, as the guys I shoot with were all discussing this around the fire the other day. My list is short, but my reasons are many:

Con: Northwest Armory

I have shopped there for years, and literally spend THOUSANDS there. Realistically I have purchased around 10 firearms from them, all high end; HK, Noveske, etc. I used to really enjoy going in there, and that was part of the reason I continued to purchase from them so frequently. I bought a Glock from them on day 2 of the madness, and other than a packed house, things were normal. As the madness progressed, I had a bunch of friends ask me where they should go to stock-up incase of a ban, and I told them all Northwest Armory. After everyone returned with horror stories about customer service and pricing I decided to go check it out myself. After a quick lap I found myself disgusted with $3000 colts and a used SCAR 16S for over 5k! I excused the customer service claims simply because the place was packed, and it would have been impossible to give everyone undivided attention.
As it seems things are finally returning to normal, I went back in last week to check things out. Not busy, but the employees I have known for years, am on a first name basis with, have completely changed. They were rude, ignored my questions, disregarded my request to check availability on a rifle for hunting season, and treated me as though my business wasn't important.
Their pricing is still inflated to some degree, (which doesn't really bother me) but the gun rush has certainly corrupted their view of customers. Even long time large spending customers.
Which ever way the gun market goes, Northwest Armory will never see another one of my dollars. It will also never see another one of the many customers I have sent them by referral. I hate to see the crazy inflated prices, but I understand the way markets react to shortages. I would have been happier to see them stick to MSRP, for no other reason than it would prove to me that they care about their customers, and long term relationships. That aside, I refuse to tolerate spending tuition sized amounts of money with a local company, and have them treat me like crap because the political climate has allowed them some short term success.

Pro: Northwestfirearms.com
- the core of this forum stayed above the nonsense and remains one of the best places to shop and discuss.

I just got an email from BulkAmmo on a special 9mm deal. Only $700 for 1000 PMC rounds. What a steal! Let's see here. An hour plinking with my 9mm AR and Glocks with a buddy should only run me about $300.00. Archery, maybe archery would be fun.

In this ammo climate I wouldn't blacklist any company. If they've got it cheapest, I'm there.

Burt, archery is fun! Really fun!

Curts discount firearms in Oregon city stayed true to his customers through the price hiking of other gun shops.
Curt is a genuine guy and I like him. I will always try to buy from him first.
I was just in there last week and bought a new acs stock, magpul grip, bolt carrier, ammo etc. All the things I bought were at a very fair price and as always Curt was more than willing to answer all my questions and give me options.

Sorry a couple of you have had a bad expericence at NWArmory but my experience with them has been nothing but postive.

Sure they're busy and even during the work week it's like a freakin' bee hive that just got thumped.

Ordered the the Shield 9, got it for $400

Last month the M&P 22 for $368, cheaper than online at the time and even if they weren't, as a business man myself, I try to support the local folks with all their overhead.

I try to give the benefit of doubt to gun shops as to markup as they probably have to pay more just to get supplies themselves.

I've come to know many of the staff and it's always "shake hands and how have you been" kinda relationship at least for me.

The fred Meyer in Newberg, good selection of pistols and rifles. Ammo is scarce but when they do have it its not 5x pricier then it should be.

Huh bought some .223 from them recently for 8 bucks a box of 20 and will be buying some 7mm08 from them soon for 32 bucks a box. So went seem too out of line to me. Come to think of it I got some Hornady Critical duty 40 S&W for 21 bucks.

Even during the height of the rush on late December and into January I picked up a 6920 for little over a grand, a GP100 for around 6 bills (I think?) and a SR22 near the 3 bill mark (in the 250-300 range) from Freds. They never gouged, didn't cancel orders (like Dicks) and have been as steady as they could be.

The big downside to this tactic is they never have crap instock and you literally have to be in the right place at the right time to find the ammo you need.

Their ammo prices are average to above average though. Did pick up some of that 8 dollar 5.56 ammo down at the coast the other day and even though it is still high that was a bunch better then what I've recently been seeing in local shops.

I'm surprised to hear about Adventure Sports. I used to frequent them, and they were helpful and the prices were fair. That was years ago, though -- I don't get in there much anymore.

Wally World is a much-despised place, but their ammo prices have remained relatively stable. If you luck out and actually find a box on the shelf, you feel like you scored a serious deal. Unfortunately, those visits are few and far between. Most of the time, the handgun ammo case holds nothing but dust bunnies...

Wally World is a much-despised place, but their ammo prices have remained relatively stable. If you luck out and actually find a box on the shelf, you feel like you scored a serious deal. Unfortunately, those visits are few and far between. Most of the time, the handgun ammo case holds nothing but dust bunnies...

I went into Wally World on Sunday, May 26th, and the shelves were bare. I had to get some stuff for Memorial Day, so my son and I went down there Monday morning, and there was 1 box of Federal 9mm. Picked it up for $13.97. I try to stop by the 2 Wally Worlds on 82nd as often as possible, so if they actually have any in, it's a great price.

NW Armory, Lowpriceguns, Wade's they all dead to me.
NW armory treat you like a sh** when you saying to them like " I have a budget and I'm not looking to buy this pistol for 1000$, like I said let me look at pistols for less that 500$". Shop guy's start treating you like you are bump.
Lowpriceguns don't even care if you there or not.
Wade's always have way too high prices on everything.

Oh Yah Ive seen that place.....fancy fancy..Built just for spite. They plan on never living there! Or at least thats what a friend tells me that owns a B&B in the area.

Your friend told you wrong. Hathaways been round here for decades. Close to founding family. I think the original Benjamin Hathaway came here to farm in the 1800's.

And yeah prices are high always have been. I guess that's how it goes when you're the only game in town that can afford the high prices to get it in the store. Freddie's across the highway has had ammo on the shelves since early last fall. Like him or not. .
I've known him since I was a kid and and had him as client many times over the years and he's always been straight with me and all my family. People like some people don't.
He's a business man running a business not a charity
Don't like his prices. Spend the difference in fuel driving to Lincoln city or the valley and shop elsewhere.
I'm still pretty well stocked, and don't have any extra dough to buy any anyway. But I have and would buy from him, if I wanted something. As I said before. He's the only guy that's got anything on his shelves.
Only real bubblegum I have is he's having trouble getting reloading supplies.

It amazes me how folks will complain about the price of things. Don't like the prices don't shop there. But to post on a forum about a business doing what built this country. Doing business. We all know there's not much out there. And if you believe these stores are paying pre scare prices for ammo and supplies them over jacking the prices. Pull your head out of your asses.
. Go try and find it somewhere else, if you can. A lot of stores figure ammo sales are a big part their income. How long can you Birchers go on with a big chunk of you income suddenly pulled right out from under you. When things went south in the economy, we had to raise our fees to survive. And so did a lot of other folks in a lot of industries.
This should be a post about how you're treated by a business, not what you are or aren't willing to pay.

westcoastal, a big part of how you are treated by a business is the fairness of the deal. Since ammo manufacturing is at an all time high, and allocation is for the most part dependant on pre panic buying levels, how do you figure the businesses are losing revenue? They are just selling faster than ever.

I will never enter the Gun Shop in Longview. I won't be missing anything but high prices, and getting told "I can order that for you".

Bob's has been faithful to their customers.

And yes, old hathaway did raise his prices exponentially to take advantage of the situation, no matter how nice a good ol boy he's considered. I can, and do shop elsewhere now because of it, that's my choice and others can do as they wish.

@Trick,, it's in Beaver on the west side of hwy 101.

And yes, old hathaway did raise his prices exponentially to take advantage of the situation, no matter how nice a good ol boy he's considered. I can, and do shop elsewhere now because of it, that's my choice and others can do as they wish.

@Trick,, it's in Beaver on the west side of hwy 101.

I'll be down there next month.....will make it a point to stop.

Fisherman's Marine in the Tigard/Metzger store.. Horribly rude and arrogant customer service. They treat their customers like they are dirty bathwater right from the beginning. I was trying to dryfire a gun and they crowded around me so I had no direction to point. So I attempted to move the gun into a direction where no person was standing and they started screaming that I was terrorizing their customers pointing a gun at a kid. These guys had a chip on their shoulder right from the beginning, like they were such cool and hardcore guys because they worked behind a gun counter. Who knows, maybe they wanted to make sure I wasn't going to steal the gun or do anything funny, LOL> Anyhow, because they crowded me I aimed the rifle in the only area where there was no person standing, but was in the direction of the ammo counter. They assumed I was aiming it at people, even though the gun wasn't. They screamed at me, "YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO AIM THE RIFLE UP AND POINT AT THE ANIMALS, DIDN'T YOU KNOW THAT!! YOU ARE AIMING THE RIFLE AT THE MAN AND HIS KID!". I felt like taking the butt end of the rifle and whacking it over the customer service reps head, but I politely handed it back and told him bluntly he was a creep and that I won't spend anymore money there. I also told him if you and the other guys didn't crowd around me when you gave me the rifle, I would have not had to aim it in another direction.

I then tried complaining to the manager who scolded me for daring to even question his customer service reps, saying that he was there and I was terrorizing the customers. I was telling them that after they handed me the gun that the morons (didn't use that word exactly) behind the counter crowded around me. Then, I told him I would post bad reviews on Yelp and Google, and posted one on NWFA a couple years ago. He then started laughing at me like a junior high school kid and declaring how what I do is completely meaningless and that everyone in Portland loves their store. He was such a kind and compassionate person, I told him I spent $1000s of dollars at his store and he just brushed it off like it wasn't a big deal. He basically, was like "so what?"

I never felt so ostracized and degraded by any gun store in my entire life. Needless to say, after spending $1000s of my hard earned, heavily taxed cash at their store, I have taken my business elsewhere and have ZERO regrets.

YMMV, but this was my experience at Fisherman Marine's and I will not go back.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top