JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Personally I'm a little sad not to see Marion County listed on here, but I am glad to see so many Oregon County Sheriffs listed.

Go Oregon!

Constitutional County Sheriffs « Freedom Is Just Another Word?

Constitutional County Sheriffs
JANUARY 26, 2013

Oregon

Baker County, Oregon Sheriff Mitchell Southwick
Coos County, Oregon Sheriff Craig Zanni
Crook County, Oregon Sheriff Jim Hensley
Curry County, Oregon Sheriff John Bishop

Deschutes County, Oregon Sheriff Larry Blanton
Douglas County, Oregon Sheriff John Hanlin
Grant County, Oregon, Sheriff Glenn Palmer
Jackson County, Oregon Sheriff Mike Winters
Josephine County, Oregon Sheriff Gil Gilbertson

Klamath County, Oregon Sheriff Frank Skrah
Linn County, Oregon Sheriff Tim Mueller
Madison County, Idaho Sheriff Roy Klingler
Malheur County, Oregon Sheriff Brian Wolfe
Multnomah County, Oregon Sheriff Daniel Staton

Polk County, Oregon Sheriff Bob Wolfe
Washington County, Oregon Sheriff Pat Garrett
Yamhill County, Oregon Sheriff Jack Crabtree

This is the letter I received from Marion. From what I've heard he's a little wishy washy and doesn't like signing off on NFA stuff for people that aren't LEO/MIL. He'll do it, but might grumble a bit.

0xUu7gy.png

I believe Lane county was the only county to stand up and say they would enforce what ever laws were mandated. Not sure where I heard that, or if it is a mistake, just what I'm remembering.

I've been an honorary Oregon State Sheriffs Assoc. I thought it would be a good idea, and fees can be deducted on the tax return. I now feel much more motivated to keep supporting them. 2013 membership is due now. Will include a thank you letter with payment.

It's interesting to see that now they've publicly stated they have no interest in upholding the constitution. Sheriff Myers from Marion Co was the head in stating they will follow whatever the feds want. I tried to get in contact with them to ask WTF were they thinking but I've still received no response.

Here is the letter that was released:

"Sheriffs,

My thanks to all of you who attended (either in person or by phone) our Executive Committee meeting last week. For those of you who could not attend I wanted to let you know what was decided regarding our Association's stance with regard to the 2nd amendment issues. Additionally, we discussed an inquiry we received from US Attorney Amanda Marshall who met with Sheriff Bishop, Sheriff Bettencourt, Holly and I the day before our Executive Committee meeting. This inquiry was regarding our Association's stance and working relationship with our Federal partner agencies.

After a very robust conversation on this issue it was the consensus of the Sheriffs present that our Association should not take a formal stance on this issue.

At this meeting it was also agreed that I should reach out to US Attorney Amanda Marshall to notify her of our Association position and intent by the Sheriffs present to work collaboratively with our Federal partners agencies.

This morning I spoke with U.S. Attorney Amanda Marshall and passed along that our Association would not be taking a position on this issue. I further advised Amanda that it would be the intent of the Sheriffs' Association to continue to work collaboratively with our Federal partners agencies. She was appreciative of the phone call.

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to give me call.

Jason"

I think I have posted on this before but I'll mention it again, like gun rights across America on facebook and gun rights across America (your state, OR, WA or whatever state your in). They organized the Jan 19 th rallies and are now working on what they call "operation sheriff reach". They have drafted up letters for all local sheriff's and on march 13 th they will be at each local courthouse so YOU can go sign onto the letter asking them to uphold their oath and vow not to enforce and unconstitutional laws that may be passed. For those sheriff's that have already done so publicly the letter will be a letter of thanks. The idea is to get thousands of signatures for each sheriff then hopefully a lot more will publicly say they won't enforce the laws and hopefully that will deal a huge blow to their gun control agenda

The first time I seen where a county sheriff stood with his citizens was during the water-fights in the Klamath Basin back in 2005.

One level of bravery is to refuse to enforce an unconstitutional law.

To defend the citizenry from an unconstitutional law(s) being enforced is a quantum leap of honor, and these sheriffs deserve our support.

The faithful county sheriffs who have pledged to defend us against tyranny, have my full support, and my pledge to defend the citizenry along side them.

DEPUTIZE ME!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top