Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

List: Constitutional County Sheriffs

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Vantage, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Vantage

Vantage Pacific Standard Time Active Member

Personally I'm a little sad not to see Marion County listed on here, but I am glad to see so many Oregon County Sheriffs listed.

Go Oregon!

Constitutional County Sheriffs « Freedom Is Just Another Word?

Constitutional County Sheriffs
    JANUARY 26, 2013

Oregon

Baker County, Oregon Sheriff Mitchell Southwick
    Coos County, Oregon Sheriff Craig Zanni
    Crook County, Oregon Sheriff Jim Hensley
    Curry County, Oregon Sheriff John Bishop

Deschutes County, Oregon Sheriff Larry Blanton
    Douglas County, Oregon Sheriff John Hanlin
    Grant County, Oregon, Sheriff Glenn Palmer
    Jackson County, Oregon Sheriff Mike Winters
    Josephine County, Oregon Sheriff Gil Gilbertson

Klamath County, Oregon Sheriff Frank Skrah
    Linn County, Oregon Sheriff Tim Mueller
    Madison County, Idaho Sheriff Roy Klingler
    Malheur County, Oregon Sheriff Brian Wolfe
    Multnomah County, Oregon Sheriff Daniel Staton

Polk County, Oregon Sheriff Bob Wolfe
    Washington County, Oregon Sheriff Pat Garrett
    Yamhill County, Oregon Sheriff Jack Crabtree

2. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

This is great! Who'd a thunk it? Thank you all, good men!

3. DeanfromOregon

DeanfromOregon Wilsonville Amateur Ascended Master Platinum Supporter

Multnomah? Awesome. The lack of Clackamas is disappointing.

4. skud_dusty

skud_dusty Salem, OR Active Member

This is the letter I received from Marion. From what I've heard he's a little wishy washy and doesn't like signing off on NFA stuff for people that aren't LEO/MIL. He'll do it, but might grumble a bit.

0xUu7gy.png

5. civilian75

civilian75 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

I've been an honorary Oregon State Sheriffs Assoc. I thought it would be a good idea, and fees can be deducted on the tax return. I now feel much more motivated to keep supporting them. 2013 membership is due now. Will include a thank you letter with payment.

6. Black Dog

Black Dog Eagle Creek Or Active Member

The Tillamook County Sheriff wrote just about the same thing in the Local paper here. But he never whats to do anything that gets to Political.

7. Mica

Mica Eugene Active Member

I should have known lane county wouldnt make the list.

8. Izzy

Izzy Oakridge Active Member

I really wish they would join the fight!

9. speeddemon94

speeddemon94 The Rogue Well-Known Member

I believe Lane county was the only county to stand up and say they would enforce what ever laws were mandated. Not sure where I heard that, or if it is a mistake, just what I'm remembering.

10. cncmasterofor

cncmasterofor O.C. New Member

It's very disappointing.

11. salmonriverjohn

salmonriverjohn N.W Oregon coast, Gods country Well-Known Member

Sent the list to Dennis Dodson from Lincoln county to see where stands, we'll see what says. All from Lincoln county should do the same.

12. skud_dusty

skud_dusty Salem, OR Active Member

It's interesting to see that now they've publicly stated they have no interest in upholding the constitution. Sheriff Myers from Marion Co was the head in stating they will follow whatever the feds want. I tried to get in contact with them to ask WTF were they thinking but I've still received no response.

Here is the letter that was released:

"Sheriffs,

My thanks to all of you who attended (either in person or by phone) our Executive Committee meeting last week. For those of you who could not attend I wanted to let you know what was decided regarding our Association's stance with regard to the 2nd amendment issues. Additionally, we discussed an inquiry we received from US Attorney Amanda Marshall who met with Sheriff Bishop, Sheriff Bettencourt, Holly and I the day before our Executive Committee meeting. This inquiry was regarding our Association's stance and working relationship with our Federal partner agencies.

After a very robust conversation on this issue it was the consensus of the Sheriffs present that our Association should not take a formal stance on this issue.

At this meeting it was also agreed that I should reach out to US Attorney Amanda Marshall to notify her of our Association position and intent by the Sheriffs present to work collaboratively with our Federal partners agencies.

This morning I spoke with U.S. Attorney Amanda Marshall and passed along that our Association would not be taking a position on this issue. I further advised Amanda that it would be the intent of the Sheriffs' Association to continue to work collaboratively with our Federal partners agencies. She was appreciative of the phone call.

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to give me call.

Jason"

13. Kable

Kable Lynnwood Active Member

I think I have posted on this before but I'll mention it again, like gun rights across America on facebook and gun rights across America (your state, OR, WA or whatever state your in). They organized the Jan 19 th rallies and are now working on what they call "operation sheriff reach". They have drafted up letters for all local sheriff's and on march 13 th they will be at each local courthouse so YOU can go sign onto the letter asking them to uphold their oath and vow not to enforce and unconstitutional laws that may be passed. For those sheriff's that have already done so publicly the letter will be a letter of thanks. The idea is to get thousands of signatures for each sheriff then hopefully a lot more will publicly say they won't enforce the laws and hopefully that will deal a huge blow to their gun control agenda

14. RyanGun

RyanGun Oregon New Member

15. DMax

DMax Yamhill Well-Known Member

16. capdek

capdek Oregon Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

17. Oathkeeper1775

Oathkeeper1775 Coast Range Well-Known Member

The first time I seen where a county sheriff stood with his citizens was during the water-fights in the Klamath Basin back in 2005.

One level of bravery is to refuse to enforce an unconstitutional law.

To defend the citizenry from an unconstitutional law(s) being enforced is a quantum leap of honor, and these sheriffs deserve our support.

The faithful county sheriffs who have pledged to defend us against tyranny, have my full support, and my pledge to defend the citizenry along side them.

DEPUTIZE ME!

18. osterr1999

osterr1999 Silverton, OR Active Member

Marion County Sheriff always signs off on my NFA stuff without any issues and I am neither LEO or Military.

19. kev350

kev350 Gresham , Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I must agree with this. Gl ad to see Multnomah on there for sure but I'd hope more get onboard.

Galaxy S 3