JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Good lord... those 1st two damn near requires a law degree or two to wade thru. The next two not so much but my God what a mess. My brain shorted out after those four.

Some of the members here had better write to their legislators supporting this cr*p. Unfortunately, some of those pieces of dog sh*t signing onto those bills are the very same anti-gun from years gone by. None-the-less, speak up & VOICE your views!

Thank you Boss for the post. Really really helpful.
I encourage EVERYONE to read the bills before commenting. Know of what you speak!

My temper is up at the moment over what I've already read... I have some choice words for the supporters/sponsors of those bills I can't say.

I wish the post from Boss was sent to EVERY MEMBER HERE! Joe?

Dan

I'm going to be honest at first blush HB 1181 doesn't seem bad at all, as far as I have read it sets up extensive veteran focused suicide prevention. The new committee would have two reps from the SAF or NRA.

as a veteran myself I of course would love to prevent as much suicide amongst my peers as possible, did I miss something nefarious in the bill?

Further info to provide support against any type of assault weapon ban. This stuff seems to get missed but the numbers are really, really important.

1) FBI report on Active shooter incidents. There were 28 active shooter incidents in 2019 with 97 fatalities. While any fatalities are horrible, based on a population of 328 million on in the US the associated risk is a statistical black swan event.

2) In 2019, the FBI reports of the total 10,258 firearm murders. Of these, only 364 were reported as rifles or 3.5%. Not all of which were necessarily firearms that would fall under the AW classification. Of the 10,258, a reported 3,281were not classified by type. If extrapolated using the same 3.5%, this comes to 114 rifles included in the unclassified figure. This then brings the total rifles used to commit homicides to 479 or 4.6% of total firearms used to commit murder. Statistically speaking, assault weapons which make up only some percentage of the 4.6% of rifles used in murders are not the statistical problem or norm for committing murder.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u....019/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-8.xls)

For comparison sake, there were 4,985 deaths from motorcycles in 2018 (2019 data not found.) Opioid related deaths for 2018 were 46,802 (CDC). This is just presented to show relevance to the risk proposed. When you contact representatives, do research and use numbers. These figures are provided by our tax funded divisions of government and should be the figures used to advance legislation, not feelings.

This link by Boss
https://wacivilrights.org/bills/
is probably the most important one I've seen this year.
In all honesty, it's a horrendous issue to go through. It's absolutely brutal to read & reply to.

However, as long as you don't give a bubblegum about your rights being run over and pissed on, then don't bother commenting on the bills to your elected officials.
If you desire to comment, it had better be today before the bills come up...just saying.

With all the thousands of us here, we have a voice... for gods sake..please use it!

Dan

Here's the list of who's sponsoring what anti-2A... I'd encourage those of you that live, I mean reside, in these individuals districts, to get off your duff and do some letter writing or make some phone calls. This anti-2A stuff isn't going to heal itself. Take NOTE of the names that are repeat sponsors from so many of these bills. I think you'll get my drift..same ol same legislators PUSHING ANTI-2A cr*p at us! A lot, if not most, of these names are from previous years as well.
HOUSE
Valdez..11 times
Leavitt..4 times
Hackney..11 times
Ortiz-Self..5 times
Pollet..8 times
SENATE
Nguyen..3 times
Pedersen..3 times
Darneille..3 times
Dan

HB1026.. Walen, Valdez, Leavitt, Hackney, Kirby, Santos, Macri
HB1038.. Walen, Leavitt, Ortiz-Self, Wylie, Valdez, Hackney, Macri
HB1133.. Berry, Thai, Bateman, Ramel, Ortiz-Self, Peterson, Ryu, Valdez, Kloba, Hackney, Cody, Macri, Davis, Pollet
HB1134.. Berry, Senn, Simmons, Ramel, Peterson, Ryu, Leavitt, Valdez, Kloba, Hackney, Cody, Santos, Macri, Davis, Pollet
HB1164.. Valdez, Peterson, Ormsby, Davis, Hackney, Macri, Pollet, Gregerson, Ramel, Bateman, Simmons, Fitzgibbon, Harris-Talley
HB1169.. Goodman, Davis, Dolan, Simmons, Bateman, Lekanoff, Springer, Gregerson, Senn, Fitzgibbon, Ramos, Frame, Ramel, Peterson, Lovick, Ryu, Callan, Slatter, Duerr, Ormsby, Macri, Hackney
HB1181.. Orwall, Boehnke, Callan, Leavitt, Davis, Dolan, Valdez, Young, Riccelli, Lekanoff, Barkis, Peterson, Shewmake, Bronoske, Macri, Morgan
HB1229.. Peterson, Dolan, Pollet, Ryu, Berry, Valdez, Fey, Ramel, Ortiz-Self, Bateman, Hackney, Davis, Bergquist, Kloba, Wylie, Lekanoff, Macri, Stonier, Riccelli
HB1234.. Senn, Lovick, Dolan, Pollet, Kirby, Ryu, Berry, Fitzgibbon, Valdez, Frame, Fey, Ramel, Ortiz-Self, Bateman, Hackney, Ramos, Davis, Thai, Bergquist, Peterson, Santos, Kloba, Callan, Cody, Lekanoff, Macri, Slatter, Stonier, Tharinger, Ormsby, Riccelli
HB1054.. Johnson, J., Entenman, Dolan, Ryu, Berry, Simmons, Bateman, Kloba, Lekanoff, Duerr, Fitzgibbon, Slatter, Wylie, Ramos, Berg, Tharinger, Ramel, Ortiz-Self, Senn, Peterson, Gregerson, Valdez, Callan, Hackney, Morgan, Chopp, Cody, Ormsby, Taylor, Frame, Santos, Macri, Davis, Pollet, Bergquist, Harris-Talley
HB1283.. Senn, Valdez, Ramel, Bateman, Fitzgibbon, Berry, Peterson, Hackney, Thai, Kloba, Macri, Pollet, Stonier, Harris-Talley
HB1313.. Hackney, Macri, Ramel, Ryu, Berry, Fitzgibbon, Santos, Senn, Davis, Valdez, Bateman, Bergquist, Lekanoff, Pollet, Peterson

SB5038.. Kuderer, Das, Carlyle, Darneille, Dhingra, Hunt, Liias, Lovelett, Nguyen, Pedersen, Rolfes, Saldaña, Salomon, Wellman, Wilson, C.
SB5095.. Wagoner, Holy
SB5078.. Liias, Kuderer, Darneille, Hunt, Nguyen, Pedersen, Wilson, C.
SB5187.. Fortunato, Wagoner, Wilson, L.
SB5217.. Kuderer, Darneille, Dhingra, Hunt, Liias, Nguyen, Pedersen, Wilson, C.

Big push to keep voices being heard on SB5078 (mag ban), and SB5038 and HB1283 (open carry ban).

The link in the first post takes you to additional links to comment (far right column).

Or do the EAOTD.

Git 'er done.

Boss

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR