JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sorry. Looks like SB1551 has been postponed until tomorrow 13 Feb due to paperwork not being completed. This same link should work tomorrow. Hearing starts at 8 am.

Thank you for the link watching it now.

Don't understand what Prozanski just did against the protest of close & kruse?

Someone please explain

I'm with you here. I was on the phone when they discussed 1551 so didn't hear the proceedings. I guess the important thing now is to find out if it made it out of committee and has been scheduled for a workgroup.

Since the 2A supporters objected, I can only assume that this is a bad thing. I've searched a little about the rules committee and I've come to the initial conclusion that this will keep the bill alive. My understanding is that the rules committee will determine how this moves forward.
United States House Committee on Rules - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Here's the Oregon state site with live links to bios on the rules committee members: https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/2014R1/Committees/SRULES/Overview

Obviously, everyone here knows how to use a telephone and keyboard so let's get to work.

Edit to add contact info:

Chair Senator Diane Rosenbaum - D Portland 503-986-1700 [email protected]
Vice-Chair Senator Ted Ferrioli - R John Day 503-986-1950 [email protected]
Member Senator Lee Beyer - D Springfield 503-986-1706 [email protected]
Member Senator Ginny Burdick - D Portland 503-986-1718 [email protected]
Member Senator Bruce Starr - R Hillsboro 503-986-1715 [email protected]

The few offices that I've talked to called Prozanskis' actions "creative". But I'm still not totally sure what his actions mean. Burdick has repeated over and over again that she wants votes on the record so not sure if this action lets Prozanski off the hook with the Bloomberg money folks and sets it in Burdicks' lap. Just speculation here on my part. There was no vote last year, and not sure if the libs have sufficient political capitol to get it to the floor this session either.

We all know that it's emotion and politics that's driving this since passage has zero effect on public health and safety. I'm proposing that this is about showing the political and money bosses that they deserve funding for the next election cycle.

Doesn't mean that we need to stand down, just need to get an official feel for what this means.

Today is the deadline for moving bills out of committee except for the rules committee. They had to move it to rules or pass it out of committee.

I suspect they're still trying to get votes.

Just a guess:

Today was the deadline to vote it out of the Senate Judiciary committee. Prozanski and Dembrow were yes votes, Close and Kruse were no votes, and Roblan was the swing vote. I am guessing Roblan was waffling, didn't know how he wanted to vote, but was leaning no. Prozanski didn't want it to die in his committee so he got Dembow and Roblan to vote to transfer it to the Rules committee, keeping it alive. Roblan went along because it got him completely off the hook, he didn't have to vote yes or no on the bill itself. Kruse and Close wanted to kill it so they voted no. Just speculation on my part.

I think you're right on that one BSG. Prozanski is trying to buy some time and hope he can convince someone to change their vote. That's the whole purpose of sending it through the rules committee. It's a stalling maneuver. I'm getting the impression that it's not going to happen. However, the ramifications for building campaign war chests are important here as well. If those seeking re-election can prove that they're effective in promoting the gun control agenda, they can be in line for more funds from Bloomberg and his ilk.

It's still important to keep in contact with both sides of the aisle and let them know how you feel. We're not out of the woods yet. And to minimize the chances for this coming up again, keep an eye on who is up for re-election and who is retiring this next election cycle. This is a long term fight, keep your head in the game.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top