JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The Land Use Rules in force in every County in Oregon apply to all property in or out of city limits or UGB -
Perhaps you should talk to the neighbors and discover what the problem is rather then just assuming they don't like guns. The Land Use Rules in every County in Oregon determine what owners can do - the allowed use may be outright use - not requiring any approval or Conditional Use requiring approval. It is pretty easy to disapprove of something when you don't have to deal with it - "nothing is impossible for the person who doesn't have to do it" I live out in the sticks and I pay for quiet - shooting on occasion doesn't bother me - but every day would- and if you were truthful it would bother you as well. :cool:
What land use rules are you referring too? Other than mass gathering permits outside city limits I don't know of any.

I also have no idea what your talking about with.. " just assuming they don't like guns."

I never said nothing even close to this.

This is no different than some one who lives in the sticks and thinks his modest shooting is okay but someone else shooting (opinion based) might be too much or annoying.

Sounds like assumptions and hypocrisy.

As far as you knowing my feelings,

I do have one property next to someone who shoots every day usually a few times a day, Listing to rock loud music while smoking pot.

Does it get annoying.... YEP. Am I going to file complains or try to dictate his land.. NOPE.

I also have another property and current residence just on the edge of the UGB where people shoot next to me on occasion, It don't bother me a bit. With that said, I choose not to shoot at my personal home as respect to my neighbors, The people before me did not shoot here so I choose not too either. I have other places to shoot.

Try to reply with facts or knowledge, Both is even better.

What land use rules are you referring too? Other than mass gathering permits outside city limits I don't know of any.

I also have no idea what your talking about with.. " just assuming they don't like guns."

I never said nothing even close to this.

This is no different than some one who lives in the sticks and thinks his modest shooting is okay but someone else shooting (opinion based) might be too much or annoying.

Sounds like assumptions and hypocrisy.

As far as you knowing my feelings,

I do have one property next to someone who shoots every day usually a few times a day, Listing to rock loud music while smoking pot.

Does it get annoying.... YEP. Am I going to file complains or try to dictate his land.. NOPE.

I also have another property and current residence just on the edge of the UGB where people shoot next to me on occasion, It don't bother me a bit. With that said, I choose not to shoot at my personal home as respect to my neighbors, The people before me did not shoot here so I choose not too either. I have other places to shoot.

Try to reply with facts or knowledge, Both is even better.

The Land Use Rules that every County and City in Oregon has in place. Even the place you live has Land Use Rules - If you don't think so then call the Community development or planning office and ask them. Those are the facts - as I enforced the Land Use Rules in Tillamook County for 6 years. Every property in the State of Oregon functions under set land use rules - EVERY PROPERTY . And you last sentence says it all - OUT OF RESPECT FOR MY NEIGHBORS" :rolleyes:

Stuff like this needs strong legal action straight back at the attackers. I just met a friend that owned land for 30 years and some crazy lady sued them claiming the county road to their land was her private road, and it has a street name, and she won, all because they did not believe the threat would ever hold up in court. lets hold a weekend shoot out there. Sounds fun!!!

to rock loud music while smoking pot.

Congrats on the success of the legalization thing, BTW, Oregon. There sure are bigger problems to worry about than somebody sitting around and eating ice cream and forgetting what they were going to do.

But I don't think becoming impaired while handling guns is a very wise choice.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top