JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Perhaps it would be best if you replied to Bill Hall on his letter and inquire of him as to his position and opinion on this ?

I have also received a letter which I can't publish from a prominent gun personality in Lincoln County who has a similar opinion as Bill hall on this issue . Personally, I only know what you have said and what they have told me so riding the fence on this until it becomes more clarified one way or the other ? I really don't know who is right on this due to lack of vetted information.

The lack of interest by the OFF and the NRA implies they want to stay out of it ?

Appears the courts will have to decide this one ?

I hope justice prevails fairly.

With both of you receiving the same verbatim email I’m guessing that was their blanket statement. I will email bill hall with some questions but I’m thinking their council is answering for them. I wonder if the commissioners even know what they are asking for in this case?
Retiredgal, id be interested what your “prominent gun personality” says, or even who he/she is. The more points of view the better. Although this is more of a landowner rights issue. If you’re still on the fence and have not read the documents I posted earlier, go back and read them. The second one explains how the laws apply. The county’s response to Conradys attorneys 6 pg analysis was a simple “nope we don’t agree” with no analysis whatsoever. it also shows what they are asking for--warrentless access, arrest of alleged shooters, etc.
OFF deals with concealed carry issues mostly from what I can gather. Even the book he sells doesn’t touch on shooting, rather right to carry. Our state rep for NRA is mike carey? He mostly deals with friends of the nra,,,if you want to get to the legal people its through nra-ila. They’ve been contacted but it takes a long time to hear back due to the amount of requests they get from issues they don’t get into(like “I’m a felon and I was denied a gun purchase”). Hopefully they will jump on board because this looks to be a precedent setting case. I also dont know if its better for someone other than conrady to contact these people vs conrady contacting them directly. I dont know who he has contacted. Ive also contacted lars larson,,,,,no response yet.
I haven’t heard anything in the last few weeks as far as what’s going on with the case. My contact has been on vacation. The first case is in the appeals court so Ill have to contact them. The other hasn’t been heard yet. If anyone hears of the next dates let me know.
The truth will come out eventually.

I WAS Just fowarded this by someone who claims to be recieving emails from the anti-conrady group and doesnt like what they are doing. Karin Ellison is one of the plantifs suing Conrady in the "abatement of a nusiance" case. IF you analyze the date vs the term "summer" is seems that 300 neighbors could not hear Conrady shooting for 11 weeks out of a 12 week season. Soooo what are they complaining about?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 8:34 PM
Subject: update on Seal Rock gun range
To: Karin Ellison <[email protected]>

Hello Neighbors,

We have had a quiet summer with no audible shooting coming from Mr. Conrady's property. That's really good news! We hope he finds another use for his property other than a gun range located next to our residential neighborhood.

Our attorney sent a letter to Mr. Conrady's attorney last month indicating that we are within our rights to post photos on our website. I have heard nothing back since that communication, so all is quiet.

Karin

I WAS Just fowarded this by someone who claims to be recieving emails from the anti-conrady group and doesnt like what they are doing. Karin Ellison is one of the plantifs suing Conrady in the "abatement of a nusiance" case. IF you analyze the date vs the term "summer" is seems that 300 neighbors could not hear Conrady shooting for 11 weeks out of a 12 week season. Soooo what are they complaining about?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 8:34 PM
Subject: update on Seal Rock gun range
To: Karin Ellison <[email protected]>

Hello Neighbors,

We have had a quiet summer with no audible shooting coming from Mr. Conrady's property. That's really good news! We hope he finds another use for his property other than a gun range located next to our residential neighborhood.

Our attorney sent a letter to Mr. Conrady's attorney last month indicating that we are within our rights to post photos on our website. I have heard nothing back since that communication, so all is quiet.

Karin

Well if they cant hear this guy shoot then what the heck is the deal... This case should obviously be dropped due to the plaintiff falsely testifying that they are bothered by all of the noise that he's making while shooting. I cant believe that this case is even making it to court in the first place and that there's not more people standing behind mr. Conrady especially land owners. Do you not realize if he looses this case it will set a presitince in the state of Oregon that will make it easier for anti weapon enthusiasts to take away more rights you have as a land owner! I'm not well connected in Lincoln county but for those of you that are we really need to pull out all the stops on this one.

I would like to tell a little story...the moral...what goes around, comes around.

Years ago there were two neighbors..both owned substantial property on Lopez Island in the San Juans (more than 640 acres). One of the neighbors plans to retire, and his "retirement fund" is to be made by subdividing his land into 5 acre parcels and sell the individual parcels at a substantial profit.

Well, neighbor #2 does not want his neighbor to subdivide...so he goes to the county council and requests a re-zone, sues to delay his neighbor until the re-zone is complete etc. After about 10 years and many thousands of dollars to the lawyers, the rezone is complete and now neither can subdivide their property.

So, did neighbor one win, or loose? Well, neighbor one had to mortgage his section of land to pay the lawyers. Then he became disabled and could not pay the mortgage. So: What did he want to do to generate funds to pay that mortgage? Subdivide his Section. Guess what he cannot now do???

So, who won this argument? The Lawyers...they got paid, both neighbors got the shaft...one self imposed, one by his neighbor.

Im afraid thats whats happening here, these neighbors who have admitted they CANNOT hear the noise are suing the Conradys just to destroy them financially. And our shooting rights are at stake. With my new "friend" who sent me that inside email, Im thinking these people are beyond anti-gun. They are anti-U.S. Constitution if it doesnt suit them. Ive sent the Conradys money, not alot, but i think we all should dip into our pockets and help them. Their fight will become our fight if they loose.

YES it most certainly will. Put a target up, cans to shoot at, invite your friends over for some fun. Any of those would constitute a shooting range by lincoln countys definition. Then your neighbors can complain and go after you, maybe even arrest you and confiscate your guns!!!! at least thats what lincoln county wants.

That's the kind of crap I'm trying to escape. I'm coming from Illinois. I will have to introduce myself to the local government when I get there. I also am wondering what the concensus is on the Big Timber Rifle and Pistol club.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I was a member of big timber until the third time I saw a guy set his beer down in his truck, pick up his rifle and head for the firing line. With every member getting a key, no onsite range officer id rather sight in on a logging road. Id take what btrpc says with a grain of salt.

After Redding through this I am sad. what has happen to America the land of the free home of the brave home. The land of opportunity the land they I love is under stack by people that don't believe in the constitution of america the n.r.a needs to get involved in this and help this land owner I wish there was more that I could good luck and god bless. We all need to fight for our rights.

If you are still on the fence whether or not to send Mr. Conrady a few dollars read these postings. His neighbors are cowards and will fight dirty. <broken link removed>

If you are still on the fence whether or not to send Mr. Conrady a few dollars read these postings. His neighbors are cowards and will fight dirty. <broken link removed>
There's some pretty mean spirited posts there. Nothing like a little Internet anonymity to bring out the best in people.

From the postings it looks like they are already playing dirty, and looks like they will go after anyone that disagrees with them. Closed minds like this allowed witches to be burned at the stake, and Jews to be Gassed and burned. HItler loved these type of people. maybe these people are the reincarnate of the SS, Ignorantly spreading their hate.

Since this is a land rights issue I would think that Oregonians in Action might be interested in what's going on.

Oregonians In Action is a non-partisan, non-profit organization representing Oregon home and property owners. As Oregon's largest property owners association, our mission is to defend the right of private property owners to make use of their property. At the legislature, through the courts and at the ballot box, working with the media and through our many educational efforts, OIA works to change Oregon's broken land-use system, a system unlike any in the United States.

Oregonians In Action - Welcome

Here is a copy Of Commissioer Bill Hall's reply to my inquiry as to what is going on here as a resident of Lincoln County and shooter enthusiast.
Linda

Sent: Thursday, June 07, 2012 6:51 PM
Subject: Re: Jerry Conrady

Dear Linda,

The County is very familiar with the facts and circumstances of this case. In the Spring of 2010 the Board of Commissioners received a petition with over 300 signatures from the community near the shooting range, requesting help. As you know from several newspaper articles, the Conradys were not operating the shooting range but instead were allowing a nonprofit organization named Windy Gulch to operate the shooting range. Also, Mr. Conrady made his intentions clear in several letters to the Commissioners and the news media that this is a large scale operation where fees would be charged. He had already widely advertised the shooting range, and went beyond recreational shooting with guests. The website that you quoted unfortunately has false and misleading information. The County has never prevented landowners, including the Conradys, from lawfully shooting on their property. The Conradys have never applied for a conditional use permit and have never been denied one. Counties all over Oregon have similar requirements, and in some instances, much stricter rules when it comes to zoning and shooting ranges. Deschutes County has no shooting districts, Lane and Tilllamook Counties also require conditional use permits for shooting ranges as well as the majority of cities in Oregon. Lincoln County has several shooting ranges that have been operating for many years without incident.

Bill Hall
Lincoln County Commissioner
541-265-4100
[email protected]

I also heard from a gun instructor who is well known in LC, and do not have his permission to reprint the email he sent me on this issue, but he basically supported the story as told by Mr. Hall .

Personally, I support the OFF's position on private land rights that are not a genuine safety, nuisance issue for others. I haven't heard from the principles in this case and not sure why I would. I am just a concerned gun hobbyist and like to help if someone is truly being abused or picked on. I don't really know enough details not having heard all the arguments pro and con. If that makes a fence stradler, then so be it. Fairness, honesty and facts considered with common sense are needed to resolve this question .

My 2 cents folks.

May the right party win this hot button issue !

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top