JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Maybe its time to recall the board of commissioners that have approved this gabage lawsuit. Bill Hall and Terry Thompson have given the green light for their attorneys Wayne Belmont and Kristin Yuille to ask for warrantless access to private property and arrest without cause. I guess these people don't quite understand what the Bill of Rights was written for, or about. And if they cant understand such simple concepts, how can they effectively do their job with the good of the public in mind. RECALL, RECALL, RECALL

Maybe its time to recall the board of commissioners that have approved this gabage lawsuit. Bill Hall and Terry Thompson have given the green light for their attorneys Wayne Belmont and Kristin Yuille to ask for warrantless access to private property and arrest without cause. I guess these people don’t quite understand what the Bill of Rights was written for, or about. And if they cant understand such simple concepts, how can they effectively do their job with the good of the public in mind. RECALL, RECALL, RECALL

Agreed lets recall, it's time for people who will uphold the law and what's just to be elected.

thanks for fowarding this to him, i was going to ask you what his contact info was. But thanks. It was a busy day for me at work...lotsa overtime and just got home to check this. We need to spread the word on this and get it out to as many people as possible.

This was Lars's response ncgreggory,

(quote)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Glad to tackle this

Lars
check out my new page and "like" me at The Lars Larson Show
[email protected] Now on FM101...100,000 watts of Talk!

Northwest radio show Noon-3pm (Pacific) 866-439-5277 (866-Hey-Lars)
Compass Media Networks (nat'l) show 3pm-6pm (Pacific) 866-439-5277 (866-HEY-LARS)
The Official Home of The Lars Larson Show (free streaming and audio links here)
www.kxl.com and Compass Media Networks
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today is "First amendment Friday" on his talk show. Perhaps you could call in today, the show starts @ 12pm. This is the info for contacting him as he sent it.

Tear it up!
John.

Don't know Silky, one would think they would be involved. This appears to be a cut and dried case of multiple constitutional rights abuses. Haven't heard back from Ncgreggory as to what avenues have been taken yet. I have shot off E-mails to Terry Thompson regarding this and haven't heard back. Thompson was a commercial fisherman down here as you may know, and it surprises me that he would throw his hat into this against a home owner whom on the surface seems beset upon by neighbors and judicial personnel that have a special zeal for implementing their own depiction of the law. Incredible isn't it? But then again Lincoln county reps. and counsel have drifted far to the left in the past ten years or so, and they seem to believe in rights alright, as long as it benefits them and their cronies, the rest need not apply.

Make Keven Starrett of of OFF aware of this ? He may help ?
Contact the Oregon NRA rep for help ?
Start a petition on line with several of the sites set up for that purpose ? I'll sign a petition to stop this selctive harassment becuase the neighbors find the noise bothersome ? I read about this in the paper and the Newport Times makes it sound like they are endangering everyone in Seal Rock ? LOL If any of you have contacts that can get involved with this legal issue while their is time, I hope you will do it ?

This is bigger than Seal Rock anti gunners who live in their lala land of peace and harmony at others expense.

In every argument, there are two sides. Here is another perspective from Bill Hall County Commissioner who has been involved in this from the "get go" .Sent: Thursday, June 07, 2012 6:51 PM
Subject: Re: Jerry Conrady

The County is very familiar with the facts and circumstances of this case. In the Spring of 2010 the Board of Commissioners received a petition with over 300 signatures from the community near the shooting range, requesting help. As you know from several newspaper articles, the Conradys were not operating the shooting range but instead were allowing a nonprofit organization named Windy Gulch to operate the shooting range. Also, Mr. Conrady made his intentions clear in several letters to the Commissioners and the news media that this is a large scale operation where fees would be charged. He had already widely advertised the shooting range, and went beyond recreational shooting with guests. The website that you quoted unfortunately has false and misleading information. The County has never prevented landowners, including the Conradys, from lawfully shooting on their property. The Conradys have never applied for a conditional use permit and have never been denied one. Counties all over Oregon have similar requirements, and in some instances, much stricter rules when it comes to zoning and shooting ranges. Deschutes County has no shooting districts, Lane and Tilllamook Counties also require conditional use permits for shooting ranges as well as the majority of cities in Oregon. Lincoln County has several shooting ranges that have been operating for many years without incident.

Bill Hall
Lincoln County Commissioner
541-265-4100
[email protected]

sooo "form letter" produced by their legal council? the same legal council thats suing them? Ive googled "windy gulch" and the only thing that comes up is a few newspaper articles, the non profit information and this thread. I dont see anywhere where they are advertising online at least. Am I missing something? plus some of that that letter says is the intent to do in the future. I wonder if their suing them for what they "might do in the future"

sooo "form letter" produced by their legal council? the same legal council thats suing them? Ive googled "windy gulch" and the only thing that comes up is a few newspaper articles, the non profit information and this thread. I dont see anywhere where they are advertising online at least. Am I missing something? plus some of that that letter says is the intent to do in the future. I wonder if their suing them for what they "might do in the future"

Perhaps it would be best if you replied to Bill Hall on his letter and inquire of him as to his position and opinion on this ?

I have also received a letter which I can't publish from a prominent gun personality in Lincoln County who has a similar opinion as Bill hall on this issue . Personally, I only know what you have said and what they have told me so riding the fence on this until it becomes more clarified one way or the other ? I really don't know who is right on this due to lack of vetted information.

The lack of interest by the OFF and the NRA implies they want to stay out of it ?

Appears the courts will have to decide this one ?

I hope justice prevails fairly.

Here is the response I received,

The County is very familiar with the facts and circumstances of this case. In the Spring of 2010 the Board of Commissioners received a petition with over 300 signatures from the community near the shooting range, requesting help. As you know from several newspaper articles, the Conradys were not operating the shooting range but instead were allowing a nonprofit organization named Windy Gulch to operate the shooting range. Also, Mr. Conrady made his intentions clear in several letters to the Commissioners and the news media that this is a large scale operation where fees would be charged. He had already widely advertised the shooting range, and went beyond recreational shooting with guests. The website that you quoted unfortunately has false and misleading information. The County has never prevented landowners, including the Conradys, from lawfully shooting on their property. The Conradys have never applied for a conditional use permit and have never been denied one. Counties all over Oregon have similar requirements, and in some instances, much stricter rules when it comes to zoning and shooting ranges. Deschutes County has no shooting districts, Lane and Tilllamook Counties also require conditional use permits for shooting ranges as well as the majority of cities in Oregon. Lincoln County has several shooting ranges that have been operating for many years without incident.

I, as retiredgal, hope that this gets squared away. There are two sides to any issue and any coin. Again, contact Lars Larson. He will research it, get to the bottom and if Mr. Conrady is to be championed, he'll let you know 1st.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top