JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Is it possible to, as a courtesy, ask people to try and combine new ads and not list 10 or more individual items in the classifieds at one time. At the minimum could they at least try to combine two or three items in each post. I don't think it needs to be a "hard and fast" rule but at least a strong suggestion.

then separate. That way when one sells that ad can be deleted not not left on the forum. The others can then run their course too.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC Member
SWWAC Member

I don't get it :huh: why change?

I vote to keep it like it is .

reason being is it is still a small community compared to national boards . i've seen single post can stay at the top of the page for half the day . I don't mind seeing something new posted at the top each time i open the page sometime i can see something i would not have noticed in a combined post.

I have a combined post and i have stuff posted in it that sat for months and as soon i give it its own post i have some one who want its even some cases where more than 1 person wants it yet it was posted for months on a combined at without a single person asking

don't get me wrong if some one is selling ar15 parts they should not post a single post for a pistol grip then another for a charging handle and another for a mag somthing like could be grouped or if they have a few items that all the items can be listed in the title

but for someone with several parts its kind of hard to cram them all it

what i do since i do see your point is i do have the combined post but i will take something from it occasionally and give it its own post with a link back to the mother post . I make sure i keep less than 3 post on the front page usually only 2 out of respect for other members

but because some of us are too lazy to click to the next page should not limit someone who wants to post separate post . i think that such a rule would be too complicated . maybe just to be polite people should limit front page post and space them out but again i don't mind clicking to see the next page. and i would rather browse whats new rather than open and view a crowded muti post.

my 2cents

What exactly is it that bothers you?

What I think drives most people nuts is that they bump them all at the same time and take up all the page one real estate.

I also notice the guys that do this are usually asking high prices which is OK but their items don't sell so the same thing happens repeatedly every 7 days. :(

I think if these guys just had the common courtesy of staggering their bumps over a couple days it wouldn't annoy others as much.

This is just my opinion as a member not as a moderator.

I asked this same question a while ago and got the same lukewarm response. Maybe limit the number of threads per topic/section to five or something. Ten single items on the accessories page all listed one after the other is a bit obnoxious.

As to those people (and you know who you are) who bump your ads for months on end at insane prices, try to remember the definition of a moron is someone who runs the same experiment over and over expecting a new result. Not as though that ever happens on this forum...

I'm definitely in the camp of combining items. Is frustrating to be instantly bumped off the first page, and to me at least seems no more difficult, or possibly easier, to track items that are all posted together.

As to those people (and you know who you are) who bump your ads for months on end at insane prices, try to remember the definition of a moron is someone who runs the same experiment over and over expecting a new result. Not as though that ever happens on this forum...

And I hope I'm not one of those people!! :eek:

The multiple ads from the same person doesn't really bother me. It makes things clearer as to the status of each item. I think if a would-be buyer sees that someone placed 8 different items consecutively and they're on page 1, they would have the good sense to look at what's on page 2 or 3 as well.

As to people who price things way too high, and then have to bump their ads for months upon months. It's a little annoying in that they push other people's ads down while pitching an item that will in all likelihood never sell. I don't think anything should be done about that however, it's their gun, accessory, or whatever and they can try to sell it for whatever they see fit. Just wish they had the good sense to realize that there's probably a reason no one is buying.

The price thing doesn't bother me. There are two things at work, the person pricing the item and the market. Some sellers are totally high but then again some would-be buyers are pathologically cheap. -If the price is totally out of line for the market, the item won't sell. The problem takes care of itself.

The multiple posts by one individual taking up an entire page in the Classifieds section is a problem because it monopolizes the section. The sellers are competing for attention. When two guys covered most of the first two pages together this past weekend, it makes it a problem for the other sellers who are now buried several pages back.

It's not hard to combine items in one thread. I haven't heard people complain that they don't know what to do when a person lists a holster, a Magpul CTR stock, SKS stripper clips, and a knife all in the same ad.

As the items sell, the edit function allows the individual to either delete the sold items, remove the pictures of the sold items, mark them as sold, or move their descriptions to the bottom of the ad.

PLEASE do not bump the ad to the top when marking it sold.
Why bump a CLOSED/SOLD ad to the top??

Thumbs up to combined ads. I agree entirely CVMustang this is the thing that I find most irritating actually. Nobody cares that a deal was cut so leave the thing where it is and quit pushing other peoples ads down with an unnecessary bump. OK, no more ranting from me. :D

Thumbs up to combined ads. I agree entirely CVMustang this is the thing that I find most irritating actually. Nobody cares that a deal was cut so leave the thing where it is and quit pushing other peoples ads down with an unnecessary bump. OK, no more ranting from me. :D

You dont NEED to reply to your ad, just EDIT it and mark it closed...it will fall off fairly fast.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top