JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just wondering what the likelihood IP17 & 18 actually passing is? I'm considering purchasing a home in Oregon, I currently live in WA which is pretty much in the same boat. Maybe it's better just to jump ship? Only thing holding me back is family and friends, I have a 100% remote job and floating the idea of leaving all together back and forth.

Why would you live in Oregon or Washington with a fully remote job?
Great question. I recently have just accepted an offer for 100% remote as of last week. Before I was tied down to the area. I like Oregon and WA for the outdoorsy stuff and hikes and alpine mountians. But sadly... I feel the writing is on the wall. Looked at Idaho and they're pretty much full. So that leaves Montana or the Ozarks like Missouri.

Looked at Idaho and they're pretty much full.
Correct:
52117311-E2D7-4AAD-AA90-386AB6524950.jpeg
The plandemic may keep the IPs off the ballot this year:
But I imagine every year they learn more, and eventually they will get these IPs on the ballot, at which point they will pass.

If the gun banners can send people out to street corners to get signatures, can't we send people to the same areas and warn passersby that signing will end their ability to buy and keep a gun if they ever want one? Mention that the same people behind this petition were behind the "defund the police" and the doubling of the local murder rate?

If the gun banners can send people out to street corners to get signatures, can't we send people to the same areas and warn passersby that signing will end their ability to buy and keep a gun if they ever want one? Mention that the same people behind this petition were behind the "defund the police" and the doubling of the local murder rate?
we could send people, but the problem is its the population centers that determine Oregons laws and those are the same people that supported defunding the police. Now since the police have been defunded causing the murder rate to climb the same voters are blaming it on the guns. Good luck getting thru to them about buying a gun, they dont want them.
were basically screwed, and my take is the IPs will pass.

we could send people, but the problem is its the population centers that determine Oregons laws and those are the same people that supported defunding the police. Now since the police have been defunded causing the murder rate to climb the same voters are blaming it on the guns. Good luck getting thru to them about buying a gun, they dont want them.
were basically screwed, and my take is the IPs will pass.
And the results of defunding are happening right there in front of their faces. Most people tend to focus on their own lives and just believe whatever they are told by the majority of people around them. A few muggings of people they know and they may wonder about that wisdom. A person with a new viewpoint standing there before they sign a petition, spoken clearly and politely may be enough for them to go, "ahh, let someone else figure it out. Not signing". It can't hurt to try, especially if you frame the discussion in terms familiar to them. You don't shout, "it's about the people against the government". You point out politely that the police even before defunding can't be there to stop a home invasion or carjacking or arson against your home but if you are concerned in the future about violence, you want the right to protect yourself, something the person with the petition is helping take away.

Why would you live in Oregon or Washington with a fully remote job?
Depends on your situation in life. Are you ready to move away from people you like and have known for years? You think you will just make new friends. But that's not always as easy as you think. And do you have family here who can't just up and run? If you have a life here, you are giving up a lot. Better you find a way to defeat the madness of foolish ideas.

I think they will pass. I also think that if we can get them or some similar laws in other states to the USSC they will be thrown out as unconstitutional. Meanwhile, I will not comply.

Great question. I recently have just accepted an offer for 100% remote as of last week. Before I was tied down to the area. I like Oregon and WA for the outdoorsy stuff and hikes and alpine mountians. But sadly... I feel the writing is on the wall. Looked at Idaho and they're pretty much full. So that leaves Montana or the Ozarks like Missouri.

I spend time in Montana every year, and every year it becomes more gentrified. It's pretty much full too. Think Alaska or Missouri. If it's Missouri just be prepared for some very unpleasant weather and Bible thumping fundamentalists. If you can put up with that then MO and the Ozarks is great. I lived in the heart of the Ozarks for 5 years, ran a marina on Table Rock Lake outside of Branson, guided for bass, trapped and duck hunted all winter. It was great until my business partners sold out to the mob...Think Marty Byrde from the TV series "Ozark". That show is the story of my life for about 3 years. And in that 5 years I lived there I was *IN* two tornadoes.
indianpoint.jpg

Depends on your situation in life. Are you ready to move away from people you like and have known for years? You think you will just make new friends. But that's not always as easy as you think. And do you have family here who can't just up and run? If you have a life here, you are giving up a lot. Better you find a way to defeat the madness of foolish ideas.
Good luck defeating the madness of Portland and Salem.

I spend time in Montana every year, and every year it becomes more gentrified. It's pretty much full too. Think Alaska or Missouri. If it's Missouri just be prepared for some very unpleasant weather and Bible thumping fundamentalists. If you can put up with that then MO and the Ozarks is great. I lived in the heart of the Ozarks for 5 years, ran a marina on Table Rock Lake outside of Branson, guided for bass, trapped and duck hunted all winter. It was great until my business partners sold out to the mob...Think Marty Byrde from the TV series "Ozark". That show is the story of my life for about 3 years. And in that 5 years I lived there I was *IN* two tornadoes.
View attachment 1114867

Ah yes Branson... That's exactly where I was considering. Been to table rock, etc. Looked at houses in Branson and Hollister... I've been there two times and as recently as Christmas ( finances parents live NW Arkansas Siloam springs) I know exactly what you mean about Christian fundamentalist. ( my future FIL)lol.. he's actually pretty mild, Saturday is a sabbath day..

I keep telling myself I'm ready to make the move.. . Then I get there and feel nostalgia for the PNW and what I'd be giving up. Tough choice... Even thought of buying a house there and a small condo here.

Im definitely into Winter sports (skiing and snowshoeing.) I'd have to give that up there unless Montana or Colorado...

Last Edited:
yes we can

Ah yes Branson... That's exactly where I was considering. Been to table rock, etc. Looked at houses in Branson and Hollister... I've been there two times and as recently as Christmas ( finances parents live NW Arkansas Siloam springs) I know exactly what you mean about Christian fundamentalist. ( my future FIL)lol.. he's actually pretty mild, Saturday is a sabbath day..

I keep telling myself I'm ready to make the move.. . Then I get there and feel nostalgia for the PNW and what I'd be giving up. Tough choice... Even thought of buying a house there and a small condo here.

Im definitely into Winter sports (skiing and snowshoeing.) I'd have to give that up there unless Montana or Colorado...
I would not go to MO without access to one of the large lakes or a very large chunk of acreage. The best recreational opportunities there are fishing and hunting, but almost all of the land is privately owned.

My house was right on the end of Indian Point and just down the road from Silver Dollar City. It was a great location if you didn't need to go to town every day. I could walk from the house to my boat and be fishing in 15 minutes. The lake was 70 miles long and 200' deep in places. I don't know how crowded and noisy it is these days, but it was a really nice life for the most part.

Eastern Idaho - Grand Targhee, Son Valley close by as is Jackson. Join the Idaho Falls Ski Club and get super steep discounts.
Utah is good as well

Local radio was talking about Covid hampering most ballot initiatives, except (of course) the two gun IPs and one other which would allow grocery stores to sell liquor. These two stand a good chance of making the ballot.

Local radio was talking about Covid hampering most ballot initiatives, except (of course) the two gun IPs and one other which would allow grocery stores to sell liquor. These two stand a good chance of making the ballot.
In a way that's good for us. With only a few IP's it's easier to get their attention on the unintended consequences. Of course, I'd prefer they don't get there at all. Ever.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top