JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
what is the difference between a mak 90 and a ak-47?:confused:

Its a semi-auto Chinese copy. AK47 is a generic term referring to any number of rifles (Chinese, East German, Yugos, Hungarian, Bulgarian, Romanian, etc.) with receivers based on the original Soviet design. The Soviets basically made the blueprints available to anyone that was ideologically onboard with them. The Mak 90 is one of the higher quality variants of the original Soviet design.

To say it is a Chinese copy is untrue. All Mak90's are made by Norinco, therefore it is a Chinese Post-Ban AK47. Only difference from the Pre-Ban is the stock configeration.

:huh: I'm not trying to threadcrap (and the mods will delete this) but I'm a tad confused: how is an AK pattern made by China North Industries Corporation (Norinco) not a Chinese copy of a rifle designed by a Russian?

:huh: I'm not trying to threadcrap (and the mods will delete this) but I'm a tad confused: how is an AK pattern made by China North Industries Corporation (Norinco) not a Chinese copy of a rifle designed by a Russian?

I think we are mis-understanding each other here, but I do see what you are saying now that you have clarified it further. Of course it is a copy of the original Russian design, that is a given.

When I read your first post I thought you were saying it was a copy of a Chinese, that must have been my reading comprehension lacking. I know your not crapping on my thread, no worries. All of what you said is true now that I am understanding your clarification.

OK, I see where you were with that. No problem - I should have been clearer.

Beautiful rifle – you've kept immaculate care of it by the way. Wish I had the cash as I'd snap it up in a heartbeat; a MAK90 is what sparked my interest in AKs in the first place and I don't have one! :(

Good luck.

FWIW you do not have any legality problems shipping it with the standard stocks. It is not illegal to own or ship a non 922r compliant gun and it is not illegal for an FFL to transfer it in and out of his books. Its just the act of conversion that is illegal.

FWIW you can make it compliant by adding a $20 trigger group and a $10 piston and by selling it with no magazines. It would make resale easier to people who are worried about 922r.

FWIW you do not have any legality problems shipping it with the standard stocks. It is not illegal to own or ship a non 922r compliant gun and it is not illegal for an FFL to transfer it in and out of his books. Its just the act of conversion that is illegal.

FWIW you can make it compliant by adding a $20 trigger group and a $10 piston and by selling it with no magazines. It would make resale easier to people who are worried about 922r.

I understand the legalities of the 922r clause. I am also not interested in adding any parts to this rifle. I am shipping it with the standard thumb hole stock set installed so no one has to worry about 922r period.

Outside of this we don't need to worry about it selling anymore, after 2 welching buyers backed out the rifle is no longer for sale, I am keeping it.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.