JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My better half is Texas born and bred.
BBQ guns and court/church guns are a fixture in the southwest. The guns are coming in good time, but first some background on holsters. I encourage pics of your BBQ or Sunday go to meetin' holden devices.

The Texas Rangers are the source of the BBQ holster terminology. I'm not sure they coined the term, but they are responsible for it. Texas Rangers are not limited to black holsters, black police belts, and black plastic pistols like a lot law enforcement officers and agencies. They do not dress in uniforms as such, and therefore are able choose their own holster/belt rigs. The dress of the Texas Ranger is sharp. The dress Rangers are known for is a Western formal with fully pressed shirts and jeans or slacks, shined boots, Stetson, and jacket when needed. I've never seen a Texas Ranger sloppily dressed. Their holster rigs reflect that same attitude and care of appearance. When you see a Texas Ranger, you know you are looking at a professional.

My hat is off to you and your wife, Sir. She is obviously a lady of proper manners and courtesy. I too was born and raised in the Republic of Texas in the good old days. I know of which I speak. That she has chosen to stick with you means that you too are such a respectable person. Just for the record I had at least one Uncle who was a Texas Ranger in the 50's-60's.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top