JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ive got a thing for AR's.
I also own 3 M&P pistols that are identical and three Glock pistols that are identical. Those are for a reason though, The AR's there is no reason why I need all these. Two would do. (I actually have a couple that are not in the picture too)
family.jpg

My parents were depression era folks who liked to keep everything till it rotted away instead of get rid of it.
Science projects in the fridge?
So I like to stop at 2 of anything,then I don't feel like a hoarder. I'll start buying the same gun at a few shows then I remember I'm becoming like my parents and sell most of them.
By no means am I a collector

I think it's healthy.
If one breaks you have parts for others.
You have multiple firearms that except the same equipment.
With ARs you have so many configurations and parts you can get you could have 20 ARs and all be different.
I would love to have multiple firearms of the guns I like.

I have enough parts and tools to be a AR armorer. I keep half a dozen sets of all the pins, springs, rings and wear parts. Its nice to be able to just fix anything, Short of something blowing up there is really nothing I cant repair on the spot. That is part of what I really enjoy about the AR platform. Its kind of like an erector set.

Me too, only the parts extras. I have a few ARs and need to start getting parts socked away, since it's cheap now!
Problem is now that it's cheap I have to save up for a new fence and deck, of course.

Chinese Type 53's. Same as M44's but half the price (or less), except the wood isn't quite as nice. I have 3 currently, the plan is to amass 5 of them, shoot them all at the same range session, pick out the best one to keep available in the safe and crate up the other 4 for a rainy day.

Beyond that, I have multiple pistols in the same model/caliber in different sizes (M&P 9L and 9C, planning on getting a regular M&P 9 as well).

BTW, I love M1 Carbines. Nice collection; are the paratroopers genuine?

Yes the M1A1's are from WWII. One I bought through the CMP. The other was from a local collector.

Once again. I needed more than one. Heck! I went through all the trouble of learning about these things.

Last Edited:
There not the nicest ones out there. But I prefer worn finish to new. So they suit me.

Most of the carbines were in bad shape. I like to repair and refinish stocks. So when I see a beat down GI rifle for cheep. I buy it as a project.

I save a gun. And add some value to it also. So were both happy.

At one point in time I had 7 1911s. I've had a few Ruger 77MKIIs. We've had duplicates of a couple of other guns also. Taurus TCP, for example. But they really weren't duplicates because there are more than one CHL holder in this house.
These days between the wife and I there are 3 1911s and only 2 77 MKIIs.
Decided to put my money into other things. (race cars EAT money) :D
Darn nice collections you guys have.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews