JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Update...

The Lyman dies are too small, called them and they shipped me another sizer die body that is too small also.

Kimber wants to see/inspect the rifle, so it is on the way to them via UPS on their dime.

We'll see if there is anything that gets "fixed" and I'll update again.

Man I'd be pissed cause you can see what my $400 Ruger can do on a regular basis with the very ammo you were shooting.
I might have a talk with kimber about the accuracy.

Perhaps not!
I think you may have a bullet jump problem in you ammo or reloading with your rifle. Hornady does set there bullets pretty close to the Ogive requirement, in fact closer then other ammo manufactures. This only means they have determined how much there factory load bullet jump with there ammo. I shoot the Hornady 127 gr. SST by reloading with my Savage 6.5 Creedmoor every Wednesday, and always have tight groupings of less then 1.500 over 5 rounds at 100 yds. I do use H-4350 powder, and always have with my Creedmoor since Hornady invented the Creedmoor ammo. If you are loader, try reseting 5 factory 5 Bullets another .010 deeper into the case, and see what your results are. I have .030 bullet jump with my hand loads. If you chart the 5 rounds you will see the difference... I feel you don't have a rifle problem!
Good luck!
Larry243

Whatver became of this Kimber? I certainly would think you could have got some handloads to shoot out of that rifle. The factory whitetail ammo looked promising. I am quite happy with my Kimber Montana but maybe I got lucky?

I don't know much about the Kimber. I found Hornady White tail ammo to be better then fair. It is absolutely good enough for hunting ammo. It beats Remington's Core-Lockt ammo for factory loads in my opinion. Ammo is all about what works for each person. The same ammo will not shot the same in 2 different guns. We must all remember all ammo must be tuned for your rifle. Do at least a 3 round grouping before hunting...
Larry243.

Whatver became of this Kimber? I certainly would think you could have got some handloads to shoot out of that rifle. The factory whitetail ammo looked promising. I am quite happy with my Kimber Montana but maybe I got lucky?

Forgot about this thread, sorry.

Update.
Kimber in their infinite wisdom determined that the rifle was within specification and it was grouping "fine" with match grade ammunition. They sent it back to me. I sent it down the road with a box of the American Whitetail ammo that shot ok, the buyer was happy with it and killed a good buck this year.

As for me, I will never ever, ever, ever own another Kimber ever, ever, ever.....:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Sorry to hear that but I have heard that same Mantra often. Makes me feel really lucky I got a good one. I probably will not chance another.

Forgot about this thread, sorry.

Update.
Kimber in their infinite wisdom determined that the rifle was within specification and it was grouping "fine" with match grade ammunition. They sent it back to me. I sent it down the road with a box of the American Whitetail ammo that shot ok, the buyer was happy with it and killed a good buck this year.

As for me, I will never ever, ever, ever own another Kimber ever, ever, ever.....:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Sounds Good!
I guess that is why they make so many different Brands... LOL

So Kimber builds a "lightweight hunting rifle" that only performs with match grade ammunition that is not designed for hunting anything other than paper.

Absolutely worthless, way to stand behind your product Kimber. Customer service like that is about as useful as a pimple on the tip of your hoo-ha.

My buddy recently had a really bad experiance with a Kimber pocket pistol. Customer service was terrible, they admitted after 2 trips back that they couldn't get it to shoot but refused a refund. Finnaly, he accepted a different model and resold it.

My buddy recently had a really bad experiance with a Kimber pocket pistol. Customer service was terrible, they admitted after 2 trips back that they couldn't get it to shoot but refused a refund. Finnaly, he accepted a different model and resold it.

It's a shame we have to go through those horrible experiences....
They will eventually fall like all the others have done!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top