JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was in diapers then.

I found it here.

Otterpilot had it for sale
I was out of diapers long before then.
Have you shot it yet?
How about a range report when you do, and a couple more close up photos to drool over. I'm a long time S&W fan and always enjoy looking at a really nice one like yours.
Don't leave it lying around , I'll grow legs on it for you. LOL

I shot it first thing when I got home. Shoots nice. Nice SA trigger.

Russian steel case ammo sticks in the cylinder - not surprising. Brass case ammo doesn't

Ordered Pachmayr grips - coming next week. Going to do something about the front site - put a bit of fiber optic something on it to see it better.

Oh lookie!

My Pachmayr grips came in!

nq1mys.jpg

Much better now

Here is a recent bad review of a S&W 22

In recent years S&W has been letting us down, what with the safety locks and other PC stop gaps. Their QC has slipped, maybe not as much as Taurus who has the excuse of a failed economy in Brazil. Since S&W changed hands a few years back I've seen a downward turn. Which is why I'm glad the
Heretic found one of the earlier production revolvers. It is also why I own a M19 Revision 3, pure classic and reliable as the day is long!
I'm afraid more US makers are doing the same thing, which is really sad, we used to be the top of the heap but we've slipped way down the pile.
I hope Mr. Trumps slogan is more than just that, a slogan, we really need to be great again or we are lost!
Gabby

I have large hands and I can't get a good grip on those small magnas - it is like trying to hold a pistol with handle the size of a pencil.

So yes - they fit my hands - I would have preferred Hogue grips but apparently they don't make them for square butt j frames.

Two things I don't like about the handgun:

The trigger face is serrated/grooved and the DA trigger pull is very heavy. Not a big thing since I won't be shooting it DA.

Sad thing is now - with the grips - the revolver won't fit in the box.

I need to find a good holster for it that won't wear badly on the finish. All the j-frame holsters I have seen are mostly for the snubbies. :(

Sad thing is now - with the grips - the revolver won't fit in the box.

I need to find a good holster for it that won't wear badly on the finish. All the j-frame holsters I have seen are mostly for the snubbies. :(

You can ease the trigger pull in DA by backing off the screw in the grip frame that puts tension on the hammer spring, just do it by increments till you start having failure to fire then turn it back till it no longer fails, and leave it there, it should cycle a lot easier, another thing to do of course is take the works apart and polish everything. I took a short cut to that on my old M-19. I made a slurry of jewelers rouge
and ran it down into everything then put some fired cases in it and dry fired it until I grew a callus, I cheated and wore a glove LOL, but my trigger finger still got sore, but the action became butter smooth, after that I flushed the gun out clean and put a little lube in there and that was all. Really nice trigger pull after that. The good thing is you can't get heavy handed on the sears since they are just rubbing together no file or hone to damage the angles, the parts are just polishing each other. I used red rouge as it is very gentle, white rouge is a bit more aggressive. Doing this while watching a movie on TV or the internet is about long enough, but if you feel it needs to go some more, that's not a problem keep it up till you are happy with it, using the red rouge makes it almost impossible to over do it.
Have you taken the measurements of it yet so I can compare them to my M-19?

You can ease the trigger pull in DA by backing off the screw in the grip frame that puts tension on the hammer spring, just do it by increments till you start having failure to fire then turn it back till it no longer fails, and leave it there, it should cycle a lot easier, another thing to do of course is take the works apart and polish everything. I took a short cut to that on my old M-19. I made a slurry of jewelers rouge
and ran it down into everything then put some fired cases in it and dry fired it until I grew a callus, I cheated and wore a glove LOL, but my trigger finger still got sore, but the action became butter smooth, after that I flushed the gun out clean and put a little lube in there and that was all. Really nice trigger pull after that. The good thing is you can't get heavy handed on the sears since they are just rubbing together no file or hone to damage the angles, the parts are just polishing each other. I used red rouge as it is very gentle, white rouge is a bit more aggressive. Doing this while watching a movie on TV or the internet is about long enough, but if you feel it needs to go some more, that's not a problem keep it up till you are happy with it, using the red rouge makes it almost impossible to over do it.
Have you taken the measurements of it yet so I can compare them to my M-19?
What liquid did you use to make the slurry....I would think a light oil like '3 in 1' would be good..... maybe a solvent..... water.....inquiring minds want to know!

What liquid did you use to make the slurry....I would think a light oil like '3 in 1' would be good..... maybe a solvent..... water.....inquiring minds want to know!

Light oil is called for to keep the stuff where it's needed in the moving parts, don't make it too thick to get between the parts, or so thin it will just run off, you will have to use your best judgment there, it's impossible for me to describe how I did it, sorry! Red rouge comes in a stick usually so you will need to scrap or shave some off with a knife, then mash up fine so it will mix together.
Good luck,
Gabby

You did good but you screwed us by wondering about a lightweight. But anyway.. nice rig. You gonna just get a regular strap hip carry leather rig or what?

You did good but you screwed us by wondering about a lightweight. But anyway.. nice rig. You gonna just get a regular strap hip carry leather rig or what?

OP: "I want a .22 RF revolver that is lightweight and handy"

I haven't decided yet. I remembered that I have a number of generic holsters that this might fit into, but only one of them has a flap. I want a flap.

OP: "I want a .22 RF revolver that is lightweight and handy"

I haven't decided yet. I remembered that I have a number of generic holsters that this might fit into, but only one of them has a flap. I want a flap.
Nice. Nice gun. Yea, I remember reading the header and "lightweight" kinda limited the universe/pool. anyway
It's kinda classic where a guy'll ask about a very specific thing for a month or whatever and then get turtle. lol

I really wanted the light weight - otherwise I would have gotten a Ruger SP101 in .22 as I like that revolver, but they don't make it lightweight.

I see now that next year they are making an LCRx revolver with a 3 inch barrel. If they ever make that with in .22 RF and a 4 inch barrel, I will get one of those too.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top