JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I took my SIG P290 to the rage to put a quick hundred rounds through it today. It did not go as well as I had hoped.

The worst part wasn't the fact that I was all flinchy due to a massive headache (I have a sinus infection) or that I was pulling the gun low getting used to the new trigger at first. The worst part was that I had two light primer strikes on my very first magazine.

I will admit that I did not do my usual disassemble and clean routine before taking this gun to the range. I was in a big hurry so I just took it right out of the case and went shooting. I am hoping it is just a case of a dirty firing pin channel or something similar.

I will be taking it back to the range ASAP after I clean it. I hope the problem toes not occur again.

I did get video of the light strikes if anyone is interested in seeing it. You can also look at my bad form and my disgusted look after the FTF's. :)

YouTube - Light Strikes with SIG P290

Light stikes, or hard primers? I have seen a rash of hard primers lately... Although being new it could have grease and or gunk from the factory up in the firing pin channel...

hey this must be the yankee marshall what up buddy it's vengeful. i would be pretty pissed off

Hey, sup...this is indeed TheYankeeMarshal. I am not too upset yet. It is looking more and more like it was an ammo issue. I was using some old ammo that I am hearing from others has a reputation for some hard primers. I was not able to repeat the issue with some WWB when I returned.

p290 sucks
warned ya playboy
was it as blocky and fugly as advertised?

No, it is not blocky at all. It is actually quite a petite gun. Check out the comparison I did between it and my Kahr.

I have not been able to recreate the light strikes with other ammo and I must admit I prefer the build quality of the P290 over my Kahr.

James Yeager said he likes it, which is no small endorsement in my book.

I am not going to sit here and lie and say it has a better trigger than the Kahr. It just doesn't. I do not think any DA semi-auto does. What I will sat is I like how it is built much better. I also like the exposed hammer. It helps me anticipate the shot. As far as build goes, the grip is better made with less rough edges and seems (it also feels sturdier) and the rail system is all metal and not just polymer or polymer with metal reinforcing inserts.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top