JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Surefire G2Z LED, with a ring attached;

g2z1.jpg

Fenix PD30. A happy medium between price, features and size. Not too shabby turbo mode at 220 lumens. Multi-mode, including strobe.

Yup, Im sure Surefire is very good..... but I like my Fenix. Been my EDC light for about 18 months with no issue..... for 1/3 the price of a Surefire. I love a good flashlight, but DANG Surefires are expensive.

My first choice is an EagleTac P20A2 Mk ll, I have 2 and both have been trouble free, 230 lumens with AA batts, and strobe, for a third the cost of Surefire. I also have a Fenix PD20 and PD10 that are great with all the multi-functional features using affordable AA batts. and great relialbilty. I also own a Surefire that is great but too pricey for civilian needs, if you are LEO or military trusting your safety in daily use to your equipment then cost is not a factor. I like having several high preformance lights at my disposal in different locations, such as next to my bed, in my RV, and vehicles and of coarse my pocket. I cannot buy that many Surefires and really think the other lights really are outpreforming my Surefire.

As said in my opening, the EagleTac is the hands down winner in my experence and lights using AA batts are the most practical way to go too.

:s0155:

My first choice is an EagleTac P20A2 Mk ll, I have 2 and both have been trouble free, 230 lumens with AA batts, and strobe, for a third the cost of Surefire. I also have a Fenix PD20 and PD10 that are great with all the multi-functional features using affordable AA batts. and great relialbilty. I also own a Surefire that is great but too pricey for civilian needs, if you are LEO or military trusting your safety in daily use to your equipment then cost is not a factor. I like having several high preformance lights at my disposal in different locations, such as next to my bed, in my RV, and vehicles and of coarse my pocket. I cannot buy that many Surefires and really think the other lights really are outpreforming my Surefire.

As said in my opening, the EagleTac is the hands down winner in my experence and lights using AA batts are the most practical way to go too.

:s0155:

I am kinda cheap and well, old, *** well. Butt I have purchased 2 sets of cheap tactical lights from Costco, bytheway, Sam's club sells the same thing. I only paid 15.00 per set.

These lights appear, at least to me, to be made very well and qualifies as a good tactical light. They have a focusing lens, serrated front hood & recover, press on/off, or 50% or 100% light switching, plus strobe, and a cord. They even will light up the button when the 3ea. AAA batteries are weak. The light appears to last about 2-3 hours per set of batteries. I added a rubber "O" ring to help hold the lite in my hand.

No, I have not compared these cheap lights to Surefire. Anyway, I have lights placed where ever I think need access to a light. I can light up a fir tree over 150-200' away and then to the top, so I am happy with the distance.

Yup, being cheap, I converted a cell phone case from Harbor freight into a spare mag/tactical lite/ folding knife holder. Or I can make the cell case carry 2 mags plus the knife.

I like these lights too! Does anybody know if there is a mount available to put them on a pic rail?

Have had a streamlight scorpion for 12 years, reliable and very lightweight, very handy when I need a lot of light in an emergency:s0155:. That being said, IMHO if you are alone, shining a light around in a tactical situation will only let the bad guys know where you are. Darkness is my friend, if bad guys are shining a light around it gives me a good target to aim for.

If you have not already check out eagle tac. I love mine it has 3 brightness setting from 5 lumen to 300 lumen. I have found it to be a solid product with a reasonable price tag. Here is a link to one I have <broken link removed>

I haven't stepped up to a Surefire yet either... I'm sure the build quality is fantastic, but there are great lights out there with more output for less $;

My current EDC is a Sunwayman V10R. Freakin awesome light. 1 CR123 battery, infinitely adjustable from 0 to 210 lumens;
This is the Ti version.. I just got the basic black. Like 80 bucks.
20101222185369.jpg

I also have a Fenix PD31 coming right now. Takes 2 CR123's and puts out 304 lumens;
FX-PD31.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top