JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello everyone and thank you in advance for the help. I have decided to purchase a tactical hand held light to carry with me everyday. I would like it to be small, bright and would like it to have a strobe option. Led's ? Any help choosing a light would be great. :huh:

<broken link removed>

No question - I LOVE mine.

Everything that is good about a surefire, waterproof, sturdy, trusted, etc...
LED - so it's 'drop proof' will run forever and is BRIGHT. It fits great in my pocket, I carry it every time I carry my Glock - and sometimes when I don't.

I also take mine with me on airplanes because in my opinion it's the best legal weapon I can have. Blind someone with it real quick, and the jab with the bezeled edge.

The dual-output is great for night time. You can switch between reading a book in the dark and illuminating a tree from 100ft away.

I put a lot of research into mine as I have it all the time, and I couldn't be happier (unless it was less expensive).

Don't go cheap! A Surefire is also my first choice. The model XdM is talking about is a great one! I have a Z2 Combat Light with a Defender Bezel, 6P Tail Cap and LED assembaly, mine dosnt offer a strobe though, and it is a little big. The E2D is a great size, I don't know about a strobe though. LED is the way to go, the batteries last WAY longer, and it's way brighter. I wouldn't buy anything but a Surefire.

Yep, Link's right.

I wouldn't worry about the strobe function too much though. While it does look pretty cool there aren't a ton of applications for it. If you do need a strobe though, the pressure switch on the back of this (and all other) Surefires allows you to easily use your thumb to make it a strobe...pretty funny when you're roommates are watching a movie in the dark and you come out 'strobe-ing'.

M. Link - if you read this, are you related to Joey? I used to work with him in Portland before I moved.

my buddy is an engineer at gerber, and currently they are making lights to compete 1 for 1 against surefire. one of the ones he showed to me has everything you described, but i just wouldnt be able to tell you when theyre going to hit the market, the one he has at his house is pretty awesome though

Dude. the 4Sevens Preon II is freakin incredible. It isn't a "tactical" light, but it is small, 3 brightness settings (blindingly bright for a pen light), and you can hold it in your mouth or cigar style which is very useful. It has hidden modes of strobe, SOS, low beacon and high beacon. Awesome. The light has absolutely no shadowing in the beam as well. I never used to carry a light and now it is with me every day. Check it out you will NOT be disappointed.

Dude. the 4Sevens Preon II is freakin incredible. It isn't a "tactical" light, but it is small, 3 brightness settings (blindingly bright for a pen light), and you can hold it in your mouth or cigar style which is very useful. It has hidden modes of strobe, SOS, low beacon and high beacon. Awesome. The light has absolutely no shadowing in the beam as well. I never used to carry a light and now it is with me every day. Check it out you will NOT be disappointed.

+1 for the 4Sevens Preon II

I own Surefires, Fenix and 4Sevens, and for an EDC choice, I don't know of anything better than a Preon II.

If you're going for blindness, my second choice would be the Fenix LD20. 205 lumens for $60! No Surefire can come close to that bright for that price. I keep an LD20 on my night stand (among other things) for bumps in the night. And I'm not against Surefire, just this week bought a Surefire X300 for my glock and a Surefire M961XM07 for my M4. The Preon II is the best choice for the money.

I am kinda cheap and well, old, *** well. Butt I have purchased 2 sets of cheap tactical lights from Costco, bytheway, Sam's club sells the same thing. I only paid 15.00 per set.

These lights appear, at least to me, to be made very well and qualifies as a good tactical light. They have a focusing lens, serrated front hood & recover, press on/off, or 50% or 100% light switching, plus strobe, and a cord. They even will light up the button when the 3ea. AAA batteries are weak. The light appears to last about 2-3 hours per set of batteries. I added a rubber "O" ring to help hold the lite in my hand.

No, I have not compared these cheap lights to Surefire. Anyway, I have lights placed where ever I think need access to a light. I can light up a fir tree over 150-200' away and then to the top, so I am happy with the distance.

Yup, being cheap, I converted a cell phone case from Harbor freight into a spare mag/tactical lite/ folding knife holder. Or I can make the cell case carry 2 mags plus the knife.

I would like to Second 4 Sevens products. I have have one of these "Quark 123&#178;, R5 Edition "and I absolutely love it. They have a AA version if you leery of CR123's.

Last Edited:
I have a 4sevens AA2 R5 and it has strobe.... 206 lumins powered by 2 AA batteries and I use rechargeables. I got mine from the site for $54 with free shipping.... 4sevens can give you a discount if your a forum member with Candle Power Forum and I believe the discount is 8&#37; with CPF8? 4sevens will want your member name on the CPF site.....FYI.
Look at NUTNFANCY 4sevens videos and he will let you know...... (Nutn has like 2 or 3 vids on this light and it is in one of those vids where he provides you with the discount code).
YouTube - Quark AA2 Tactical flashlight: Pack Leader

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads