JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My 590 SP came with a bayonet lug, for whatever reason, and I ran across an obsure note that the only forend mounted light that I liked (Surefire) didn't work with a bayonet lug in the way.

I've put on a Knoxx stock for the smaller people in my family (adjustable length, more tolerable recoil) but I really want to avoid cluttering my gun with rails and stuff that snags on things, tears up your hands, or otherwise makes it more cumbersome or unbalanced, so my solution needs to be very simple. I'm not sure I'm ready to saw off that lug just yet.

Are there any other options out there I should be looking into? Can someone explain how the lug interferes with the light, and if so, will it interfere with the sling as well?

A simple barrel clamp mount should work or drill a couple of holes and add a piece of rail to the fore end. If you have the tools and are handy with metals, you could cut and bend a piece of steel or aluminum to mount behind the magazine tube cap.