Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Light-ER weight varmint .308 rounds?

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by japcraplover89, Feb 18, 2014.

1. japcraplover89

japcraplover89 Orting, Washington Member

where can i guy get some lighter .308 rounds? the lightest i can find are 150g-160g. id like Hornady specific since its one of my coyote guns, but id like to shoot a lighter grain round, say around 100g-120g? are they available? i dont reload, although id like to...so just looking for factory loaded ammunition for now.

2. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

These are in stock.. didn't look at the whole thing..
    PDX1 120gr HP way down towards the bottom.. I went top up.. can't link the actual product though.

GunBot 308 rifle ammo

3. SinisterSouthpaw

SinisterSouthpaw SW WA Active Member

If you have a factory rifle with a stock barrel, chances are that the twist rate is faster than that which is required to get the best results from lighter (shorter) bullets, which is what we want in a varmint rifle, being that the target area for a good clean kill is so small. You might want to look into it before spending money on lighter bullets/ammo. There are heavier (longer) bullets you could use that expand more easily than other hunting bullets, and these rounds might do a better job for you if all the above applies........

4. japcraplover89

japcraplover89 Orting, Washington Member

I've decided to stick with hornady 155g since they're readily available any sportsmans and other local stores.

5. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

if you do get into reloading look at Nosler 125 grain ballistic tip because of the bullet Construction it a little longer for its weight then other bullets and would have a tendency to perform better with your hunting rifle twist