JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When I originally got my CHL, I got a fanny pack to carry my G17. 2001. True story.

Ted Blocker Holsters in Tigard is pretty awesome. Their belts are exceptional. I have 10 or so of their holsters and after the first of the year plan on 6 or so more. I'm a bit of a leather s!ut I guess!
I'm waiting on three holsters from them right now. I've got a few others of theirs too. Good people, local.

I'm heading in tomorrow for pics, fingerprints and such for CHL application. When approved I'll carry a G19. I'm thinking small of the back IWB carry, but having never carried, I don't know if this is recommended, as I'm just thinking academically, and not from any position of experience. I would really like to hear from CHLs that carry a G19 or similar size firearm and what they prefer and why. I know there are a lot of variables that might come into play as far as holsters, belts, weight, etc. I'm 5'8", medium to large build, about 10 lbs overweight. I'd prefer to keep this topic on the G19 or similar size firearms and not on the merits of other form factors.

Thanks for your input,
JPR
One of the risks with small of the back carry is that if you fall on it you do risk breaking your spine.

Since I don't go out much, I wanted something for "around the house" carry. Anything on the hip just got in the way.

So I went with a chest-rig. Worn it for a few weeks now and it's still on me at the moment. (Although I MIGHT take it off to shower ;) )

I like it. Stays out of my way, always ready to access, no dragging my pants down or poking out while doing yard-work, etc.

And about the same price as any good holster (~$100, got mine from Hosking Holsters).

POSERFRANKFEB2021a.jpg

(don't mind me, I'm in my work clothes. :cool: )

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top