JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Among 1000 other changes I hope to see, I'd like to think public restrooms will have doors you can push open with an elbow when you leave so you don't have to use your freshly washed/air dried hands to pull open a stubborn door that some slob just groped (post-deuce) without washing. And then go join your family to enjoy a burger and fries.

Disease vectors (because they are invisible) mean nothing to millions of people until life gets real. And then still not so much for many.

The bidet will be standard in all new housing.:D

Sadly, it's possible he could become POTUS.

What are people going to do when the stock/bond market recovers back to previous levels?

I am thinking of converting to mostly money market to lock in what I had for a while. I was down as far as $80K from previous amounts in January, not I am within just shy of $30K down. If the general trend (up and down, but slowly going up on average) keeps going up, then in a month or so I may have back what I had before.

I think we will see another big dip when it becomes apparent what the impact of CV is on the economy, profits, earnings and especially unemployment and consumer confidence - not to mention all the bad debt, bankruptcies, closed/failed small businesses and so on.

I think unemployment will go down dramatically when many people go back to work, but will still be at least double what it was at the beginning of the year. As August comes around, the expanded UI benefits ($600/wk) will run out and then unemployed will be hurting more. The end of the year will mark the end of extended UI benefits (unless they extend them some more - probably won't) and then those still unemployed will lose even that income. Each time that happens, it will hurt the economy, extending the recession into next year.

Once the recession plays out - maybe by 2022 - I may put my IRA into income earning funds, such as stocks that pay dividends and bonds. If I can get a job before the end of the year, I may put 401K contributions into the stock market, but not my existing funds.

Some non-PC thought here and you may see some offensive images.

Added To The Style Book

" Team Freedom just wants to be left alone in each member's pursuit of happiness, as he or she (and no other) defines it.

The Bad People not only won't have any of that "individual" guff – they absolutely can't have it. "

Freedom lost it showed how easy it was to lock people up with a word and pen...
The illusion will probably continue once all the Entertainment comes back and the Gilded Cage is cleaned :(
9/11 although it was in a downward spiral long before but 9/11 began this mess with the Patriot act. Obamas Executive orders and or affirming the ones, and or making changes to all the ones that lead to all this realized... Just proved we don't own ourselves.

Look to add an O2 monitor

ad block paywall

Been thinking about this for a couple of years - maybe unconsciously for longer (after seeing it used in hospital settings). Used during my heart tests, used during sleep studies. I was thinking about using it for the latter; get one that records over time. But probably as useful for home/emergency medical care as it would be in those settings.

Look for opportunities to practice standing on one leg...

"I was struck by the penultimate paragraph of Daniel B. Smith's New York Times Book Review discussion of the book; that paragraph follows.

Tales of "extreme equilibrium" ("Balance" also includes unicyclists, Chinese acrobats, and an 84-year-old competitive table tennis player) provide McCredie with something of a practical moral.
At the start, he proclaims his concern over "an epidemic of falls" that is "mowing down the elderly like scythes."
This sounds like tabloid hyperbole until you read the statistics.
By 2040, at the current rates cited by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 25 million people will fall in the United States each year, "resulting in eight million injuries and 25,000 deaths."
To counteract this trend, McCredie suggests balance training, in the form of anything from tai chi to ballroom dancing.
He even includes an appendix of balance exercises.
For example: "Look for opportunities to practice standing on one leg... Do it while you're waiting for the bus, cooking, brushing your teeth, watching TV, or any time you find yourself standing around."
Having had several neighbors die after falls over the years, this advice resonates. "

How the Pandemic Will Change Healthcare
STAT | Lev Facher. Across many industries, the coronavirus is acting more as an accelerator than a disruptor, speeding the adoption of existing innovations. From the structure of long-term care to the role of nurses, here is how the healthcare industry might evolve.

J111,

So much lying and corruption: Masks work, you don't, stay indoors, death count, and ever increasing police state tactics.

Corruption in hopes of the left unseating President Trump.

We will have a large percentage of the people who will be afraid of their own shadow, going outside
and even talking to people.
We will have finger pointers and accusations and name calling towards anyone that
doesn't bow to the powers that be.
It will be fun folks.
I just bought 10,000lbs. of popcorn from Costco to tide me over.

One thing for which we can be certain, the fear mongering around Covid1984 has done more harm to the mental well being of humans than the virus ever has or will.

When people residing in remote areas of second and third world countries with minimal contact to the outside world other than their TV are living in fear and wearing masks then this gigantic test run $hi$how has done it's work like nothing else in history.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top