JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I thought it would be interesting to have you post what you think life will be like after the CoronaVirus. Will the CV come around every year? Will there be deadlier virus' in the pipeline?

Some things to think about:
Public transportation (planes, trains, buses, and subways), will people realize that these are dangerous with regards to transmitting diseases?
Schools, will there be more virtual classes offered to students?
Jobs, will more employers embrace virtual, and realize that their employees who use computers can do their work remotely?
Sports, will they televise the events so that fans don't have to be jammed in like sardines in a stadium?
Concerts, same as sports? Charge fans to watch it on TV?
How many restaurants will survive?
Will we go back to the single use plastic bags?

What do you see in the future for us?

Thanks,
Ron

With some changes, life should largely go back to the norm... if we the people can ensure that our liberties are kept intact after all this.

shaking-foundations-how-to-move-from-a-corporate-to-an-open-api-mindset-4-638.jpg 4b64879521a62d28f87cb196b969c9d6.jpg

Considering after past, also much worse, pandemic occurrences people went back to doing things they always did before. I see nothing changing.

Things will bounce back and people will get out of there house after being stuck for who knows how long. If anything changes it will be people watching there money until the stock market comes back and they recoup some of the money they lost.

The handshake may not come back for a while but once a vaccine is created we'll mostly go back to our old habits. Nobody wants the stock market at 20,000.

IMO

Everything will go back to pretty much the same , I would think, Those of you to young to remember the absolute fear of us living in the polio outbreaks of the 50`s, and now if you ask a gen-xer or a younger person what is polio they don't even know. Richmond_USO_autograph-450x573.jpg

I also think things will largely go back to normal, especially after we get a vaccine. However there are a few areas that I think will change:
  • plastic bags will come back. I just got back from the grocery store in Kirkland which had done away with plastic and they are back! The clerk claimed they are thicker so you can recycle them which actually made them much better to carry heavy groceries in. Best of all they didn't charge me 5 cents for each bag.
  • Training will see a big change. I'm not sure public schools will move to online but IT training already largely has in North America and this was the nail in that coffin. Microsoft just announced all events will be virtual for the next year or so. I suspect the cost savings of not having a large event space and flying hundreds, if not thousands of employees to one location will be an added bonus to keep doing virtual events under the guise of public health.
  • I think we'll still have sporting events though attendance may be impacted. I could also see something like masks being handed out at the gate or some other tweaks to the experience.
  • Speaking of masks, I think it will be much more socially acceptable (required in some situations?) to wear masks around much like Asia does. This seemed to be one of the factors to South Korea doing so well, which brings me to my next point.
  • There will be a push to track people's phones which is the other reason Korea seemed to do so well. They could quickly identify and isolate the folks that infected people came into contact with. Personally, I'm very opposed to this being mandatory. One of the reasons I don't use an Android phone I don't like Google monetizing me without getting something out of it. Some might argue public health is what you get out of it, but I don't fancy the government tracking me any more than they can.

Pretty much the same just going to be shooting less factory ammo and more reloads.
Aside from that I am trying to find a date during this C19 craze, which I'm hoping goes better than past ventures,if it be the Lords will it will be a success.

I think the biggest impacts will be to the healthcare system and to the Federal Reserve.

If you thought the number of people wanting universal health care was huge before, wait until we have 40 million people unemployed and kicked off their insurance over the next couple of weeks.

And the Federal Reserve has gone from simply providing emergency liquidity to getting the Federal Government knee deep in private equities. They are working overtime pumping TRILLIONS into the market and buying up high-risk assets they have never thought about touching before.

YES....I can see that maybe many jobs could be done remotely or done by a robot.

Would I like to see some of the "change"?

Not really. Yup....I don't even like McD's kiosk ordering. Then, I could really use a haircut. But, I doubt that I'll see a robot for that any time soon. BTW.....the lady who cut's my hair is a gem. ;)

Aloha, Mark

YES....I can see that maybe many jobs could be done remotely or done by a robot.

Would I like to see some of the "change"?

Not really. Yup....I don't even like McD's kiosk ordering. Then, I could really use a haircut. But, I doubt that I'll see a robot for that any time soon. BTW.....the lady who cut's my hair is a gem. ;)

Aloha, Mark

I LOVE kiosk ordering. Get everything exactly as you want it. It isn't great for young folks that need that first job but I do find it really efficient.

I ordered clippers online and broke down and had my wife cut my hair. To be honest, it wasn't that big of a sacrifice. My hair has been self quarantining for years.

Some more thoughts:

I've been to Walmart and Whole Foods and seen attendants vigorously wiping down the carts in cleaner. That's one hell of a nice surprise. I hope that level of attention (including overall store cleanliness) sticks around.

Would love to see payment kiosks become completely touch-less. If I'm using a chipped CC, you don't need a signature for any transaction worth less than...a grand? The only reason those sigs are taken is in cases of dispute for the store to have some sort of evidence...how many people's electronic sig is anything close to their actual? It's a worthless requirement, so why force me to touch this device that everyone else touches and no-one cleans?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top