Life after CoronaVirus

OP
PenTurner
Reactions
The sad thing about this is that it is going to get worse before it gets better. Those who lost their jobs won't be buying as much, which will impact other businesses which will in turn lay off more people. The housing market will tank further as we see more foreclosures. At this point all we can do is to save what what money we can, grow what food you can.

Hop Sing

Reactions
I really don't understand economics, but read that one result of this mess will be deflation, where prices of goods actually go down. This leads to people putting off buying things and an over all downturn on the economy. Hopefully, someone smarter than me will explain it better.

Reactions
I really don't understand economics, but read that one result of this mess will be deflation, where prices of goods actually go down. This leads to people putting off buying things and an over all downturn on the economy. Hopefully, someone smarter than me will explain it better.
The problem with that.. is that right now, Congress is trying to spend so much more money, that the Dollar value/strength goes down, so prices wouldn't necessarily go down, but go up... however, the value of goods and services may indeed go down.

ATCclears

Reactions
The WSJ article may be paid content. I've included a few snippets.

Buckle in.

A key factor has been the Cares Act, passed by Congress in late March. It lets homeowners whose loans are backed by Fannie, Freddie, the Federal Housing Administration and the Veterans Administration suspend payments for up to a year even without giving proof of hardship. As of last week, 4.75 million people had done so, representing about $1.04 trillion of unpaid principal, according to Black Knight.

Yet when he sought a new loan this month, his lender said it wouldn’t approve a new loan because he had sought forbearance in the past 12 months. That upended his plan of buying a home closer to Minneapolis, where he works as a union carpenter.

“Basically, there’s a notch mark on my credit report saying the word ‘forbearance,’” he said. “It totally stopped our plans and turned our lives upside down.”

Historically, 30-year fixed mortgage rates hover around 1.7 percentage points above the 10-year Treasury yield. That spread is now 2.6 points, implying the mortgage rate should be closer to 2.5% than 3.3% now.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Pistol
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Rifle
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Upstanding Vendor!
    Have worked with this business twice and both times were outstanding! Will definitely keep going to him when I'm up in that area! Shoot, will...
  • Oregon Arms & Ammunition
    5.00 star(s)
    Hellcat OSP
    I almost put "Limited "Covid induced" inventory" as a Con, but thought that wouldn't really be fair to them! The aftermath of Covid has depleted...
  • Vancouver Weapon Werx
    5.00 star(s)
    I have done a lot of deals here
    Gary's easy to work with when in town.
  • Vancouver Weapon Werx
    5.00 star(s)
    Excellent Business!
    I have been going to Vancouver Weapon Werx for years and know both owners quite well. The only downfall is I go there to purchase or have a gun...
  • SafeFire Indoor Shooting Range & Retail
    5.00 star(s)
    A great, safe place to go shooting
    Love this place!! Great staff, the range masters are friendly, helpful and alert. This is a safe place to shoot. The store is kind of low on stock...
    • GWS
Top Bottom