JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
people from all walks of life have been buying guns like crazy. a lot of first timers too. maybe people will finally wake up and realize that the police are not there to protect you and cant be everywhere at once. "YOU" are responsible for "your" safety. what better tool than a gun to save your life.

since we've been ordered to stay home (other than work and grocery store...both me and the wife are still going to work) ive noticed a few thinfs changing...for the better. we are eating meals/cooking at home as a family together more often, our "roles" in the home are becoming more "defined" , the kids seem happier that mom and dad are home and we dont hve anywhere to go really. items that are "wants" and "needs" are more prevalent.... it reminds me of when i was a kid growin up in my parents house/grandparents house. i was born in '88 but its almost like this virus has taken us back to the 50s in a sense.

@Kruel J me either :D:s0114:

Some more thoughts:

I've been to Walmart and Whole Foods and seen attendants vigorously wiping down the carts in cleaner. That's one hell of a nice surprise. I hope that level of attention (including overall store cleanliness) sticks around.

Would love to see payment kiosks become completely touch-less. If I'm using a chipped CC, you don't need a signature for any transaction worth less than...a grand? The only reason those sigs are taken is in cases of dispute for the store to have some sort of evidence...how many people's electronic sig is anything close to their actual? It's a worthless requirement, so why force me to touch this device that everyone else touches and no-one cleans?

No signing under 2k at Costco. I'd assume eventually, more businesses will raise that threshold. Since these new cards are supposedly more secure.

Cruise ship industry will never come back to what it was. Too many people endured the nightmare of being confined on ship. Can
you imagine being confined in one of the cheap cabins with no windows or windows that don't open?:eek: Not even half the ships will be back.
Movie theaters were struggling before this and now they are closed. People are now on Netflix and Prime will not go back into theaters.
Cheaper easier to stream movies and if you don't like the movie stop and try another movie. Imagine being in a theater and someone
starts coughing? Yikes.:eek::eek::eek: And no $15 bucket of popcorn. Maybe drive ins will come back??:rolleyes: Hope so.
The large chain restaurants will mostly survive but a lot of the small one of a kind restaurants will be gone.:(

Last Edited:
The pandemic, the hunkering down...what will it change forever ?

The way we act when we are sick.
Sneezing or coughing into the elbow.
Not going to work when sick.
No more ganging up in the lunchroom for meals.
Mindful of touching the face.
Hand awareness....what they touch and how we wash them.

No more bulk food bins.
Only the dispensers in bulk foods.

The way we keep our homes stocked with consumables and food.

Air travel, cruises, public transportation won't be quite the same.

As non-users learn the drill, the trash can at the public restroom exit will get used much more.

Mullets make a comeback as we self-barber ourselves.
:)

The Great Depression changed those folks for the rest of their lives.
I think this pandemic will cause some permanent changes for the rest of our lives.
What do you think ?

Last Edited:
I dunno what will change forever, but going to Albertsons and Home Despot the last couple days you'd think we all had a festering case of Hansen's Disease. I do believe this has gone a bit too far.

The pandemic, the hunkering down...what will it change forever

Mullets make a comeback as we self-barber ourselves.

The Great Depression changed those folks for the rest of their lives.
I think this pandemic will cause permanent changes for the rest of our lives.
What do you think

Oh, the horrors! I'm pretty sure a public service order regarding personal hygiene and do it yourself hair cuts is forthcoming. With penalties for failure to comply, as it should be! I just cannot erase the vision of Joe Dirt from my mind now....

If they come up with a vaccine, maybe that will let me go back to MOST of my evil ways.

I still might want to drive around with a stack of TP in the pickup to show off my social status.

If nothing else, a certain percentage of dorks will have realized that it is prudent to 'go to the ant thou sluggard'...(Proverbs 6 for those who don't get it)

Hopefully the realization that China is not our friend, there are bad actors and it's high time we as a Nation bring manufacturing back home.

Hopefully the realization that China is not our friend, there are bad actors and it's high time we as a Nation bring manufacturing back home.
Portland used to be a manufacturing town. I worked at PACE Company in Milwaukie for 22 years. A wonderful, family owned business where a man could retire well as a sheetmetal journeyman. Then they sold out...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top