JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A licensee can keep the gun without transferring it. It would just need to be stored at his licensed location.

If he wanted a "keeper" for his eventual retirement from the gun business, he must fill out a 4473 like everyone else, and call in a background check on himself. Then he can take it home, loan it to his buddy for hunting season, let his mom use it for home defense, etc..........

Now, if the licensee is still in the business and decides to sell his "personal" firearm, he needs to log it back into his books, and transfer it to the buyer with a background check, just like the rest of his inventory.

Yes, that is what I'm asking.
How does he do this?

Actually if you are an FFL and you have purchased a gun for your own use; First the gun must be recorded in your A&D Book. Now I like to write on the Disposition side: Owners Private Collection. The ATF has never had a problem inside 3 inspections. Also on the back of my A&D Books is a sample of just this thing. Also you must keep in mind that this personal gun must be kept for a minimum of One Year, then you can put it back into your A&D Book & resell it if you choose

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top