1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this month -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

Liberty Suppressors and their great service

Discussion in 'NFA Weapon Discussion' started by Burt Gummer, Jul 9, 2013.

1. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

Just wanted to say I have been nothing but happy with Liberty and their suppressors. The service and support they've given me is second to none.

I had a threading problem on one of my adaptor/pistons for a pistol that caused a couple of irritating issues. Sent back the suppressor to Liberty for service under warranty and got more back than I expected. They worked out my minor issues, completely replaced the core, and even repainted the tube all for free. The owner even including a ten dollar bill in with the suppressor to cover my shipping! :cool:

I've had a service company myself for over 20 years and it made me re-evaluate my service level (haha). Just A++.

If you are in the market for your first suppressor I highly recommend the Mystic. So many calibers, ONE suppressor. Works great on .22lr, 9mm, carbine, etc, and it is a rock solid piece backed by a fantastic company obviously.
    Just typing this because it is rare to see a company that really bends over backwards to make things right nowadays.

Liberty gets my vote for the best suppressor manufacturer to deal with bar none.

Liberty Suppressors Mystic 9mm Multipurpose Suppressor

I am not affiliated with them in any way, shape or form. Just wanted to post this on the two firearm forums I frequent so any of folks looking for a great choice can get a heads up.

Mystic works on all these calibers:

22 Hornet
    22 K Hornet
    218 Bee
    223 REM - 16" BBL
    30 PPC - Subsonic
    30 Carbine
    357 MAG
    221 Fireball
    32 S&W Long
    32 H&R Magnum
    9X19 (Base Caliber)
    38 Super
    38 Special
    38 S&W
    357 Max - Subsonic
    338 Spectre
    300 BLK
    300 Whisper
    308 Win- Subsonic
    all rimfire cartridges
    5.45x39MM Russian
    We now rate it for the 300 BLK in
    both supersonic and subsonic on
    an 8" barrel
    7.62 X 39 MM
    coyote223, kev350, bcdon and 3 others like this.
  2. coyote223

coyote223 NW Oregon Stamp Collector,,,

I have a Kodiak, nice can. Mystic will be my next, been wanting one for some time. Glad to hear they have good CS,,,
  3. Don H

Don H Oregon Well-Known Member

Sorry for the noob question, but if you get a tax stamp for a suppressor, is it tied to one gun only? Or, can you use it on any gun that it will fit on to (same caliber, &c)?
  4. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Tax stamp is registered to the item it was issued for.
    Be it a suppressor, SBR, select fire weapon, or a full auto trigger group that's able to be moved from one firearm to another without altering it.
  5. Burt Gummer

I have used my Mystic on everything from a Beretta 22a (looks hilarious, but works) to a 300blk AR. You can put it on anything it is rated for, no restrictions in that regard.

Like the SilencerCo Osprey you can get a variety of fixed adapters/pistols threaded specifically for what you want to attach it to (thread pattern such as 13.5x1 LH, that sort of thing).

The only reason you can use the Liberty Mystic on 22lr is because it comes apart for cleaning. It does great for 22, it sounds almost as quiet as a SilencerCo Sparrow, but it is BIG for a 22 pistol solution (like I said, on the 22a it is comical). Fine on the end of a 22 rifle.

Once a person gets one suppressor it is never enough, it is addictive, but if I could only have just ONE it would be the Mystic.

The size/volume does come in handy in some cases. For instance, the Sparrow is rated for 5.7, but on the 5.7 pistol it is really over-matched, over-loaded. It doesn't do much at all. The Mystic does however take 80% of the bark away.

Love suppressors!
    bcdon and (deleted member) like this.
  6. Burt Gummer

Just FYI, Jack at Dan Dee Sales is awesome; a Liberty dealer. Was very helpful also. A little bit of a drive out there, but worth it.
  7. PDXSparky

PDXSparky Keizer / Hillsboro Well-Known Member

Agreed. I also recommend Jack at DanDee Sales. Now if he's only call me and tell my I can come pick up my SS Sparrow because the stamp has arrived.
  8. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

I've had the "suppressor itch" growing for a couple gears now, ever since I got my first SBR stamp....
  9. Twodogs

Twodogs portland Or Active Member

I'm in the same boat hope it will be here by christmas.