JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I thought this was a little sensationalized for my taste when I saw it.

They should have started those people off with .22's and then moved up from there.

Just my two penny's

They should have started those people off with .22's and then moved up from there.

Just my two penny's

Absolutely. It's the way I always do it unless the new shooter insists that they don't need to. For the video, though, it would only confuse most folks watching it. I guess I'd probably start them on .22 anyway, but recommend they not include it in the video.

Just my two penny's

Look who put out the video though - Buzzfeed - they aren't exactly a pro-2A website. I think their intent was to put guns in their hands that they knew these folks would be frightened by. They also were given, in my humble opinion, very lax and even sloppy instruction. And what was the point? That they couldn't be converted to a pro-gun position? It's about as effective as dragging an atheist to church thinking that just because they hear one sermon they'll be converted. Oh, I shot a gun, it was scary and loud, so now I'm even more convinced that guns don't belong in the hands of the common person.

Not a single one of these young folks could make any kind of cogent argument for their position. They, as is typical, just don't 'feel' like guns should be legal. They are so sadly misinformed, it's just ridiculous. The fact that the lone guy stated that the US is a 'joke' because of 'all the gun deaths' simply proves he hasn't ever looked at the actual statistics.

The video is a stunt, nothing more - and it irritates me to watch these young people that clearly are not well informed on gun issues getting a national forum to show how 'scary' guns really are. I wouldn't be surprised if somehow Bloomy wasn't behind this.

Last Edited:
Better yet, hand them a full auto Thompson sub machine gun with a 50 rd drum and they will be begging for a reload every time.
I have yet to have anyone refuse to shoot it again after blasting away with one.

Last Edited:
Not sure what the motive was of this reality show styled stunt, it doesn't seem pro or anti.

Saying that I'm always amazed at the fear and anxiety young anti-gun libs have towards handling a gun.
They just don't trust themselves do they? I really feel they think that they will turn into a madman and start shooting people, like the gun is possessed and will force them to do it!

They project those feelings onto the rest of us and see a great need for heavily regulating or banning guns.

Is it just guns with these people or were they the same with driving at first or operating power tools? Many youth avoid learning these skills today, don't they?

A lot of young people I know won't tackle the most basic of jobs like painting their house, changing their oil, fixing a lamp cord, minor plumbing etc. They feel GET A TRAINED PROFFESIONAL, bad things could happen.

Maybe these same types feel only trained pros, Military & Police should use guns.

Is it laziness, lack of mechanical aptitude (something that is being atrophied out of Americans), the watered down education system, low self esteem, low expectations? All of the above?

What exactly can these young people do for themselves? It's all part of a bigger problem, we are systematically keeping our young people from growing up as long as possible. A dependent population is a compliant population!

Reminds me of the school shooting/student carrying a firearm videos they did totally set up to give a one sided slanted view.

They pick four man hating lesbians and a gay guy, set them up with a sketchy firearms instructor, put large bore firearms in their hands, and don't explain any benefits or history of firearms.
And of course these people are completely ignorant to firearms and have an infant like mentaility towards them. What they should do is take those people and fly they to Iraq or Afghanistan and put them on the streets with ISIS or on the streets of south side chicago and see if they want/need a firearm

Reminds me of the school shooting/student carrying a firearm videos they did totally set up to give a one sided slanted view.

They pick four man hating lesbians and a gay guy, set them up with a sketchy firearms instructor, put large bore firearms in their hands, and don't explain any benefits or history of firearms.
And of course these people are completely ignorant to firearms and have an infant like mentaility towards them. What they should do is take those people and fly they to Iraq or Afghanistan and put them on the streets with ISIS or on the streets of south side chicago and see if they want/need a firearm

Exactly the problem - these young kids can't envision any possible scenario where a gun would be a necessity to them. They've likely been raised in a very sheltered way and brought up to believe that the government is all then need to protect them. But it is interesting to see how many of them (or people like them) start reconsidering their position when they or someone they love become the helpless victims of violent crime. Of course, they'll just probably take the advice to piss on themselves to deter the rape, including the guy. And that blond gal looks just a bit scary to me - I suspect she's not the most fun to be around - probably angry a lot - at least that's how she comes across in the video.

What about the woman who said it was kind of enjoyable, but then was getting sickened by realizing that she was enjoying it? Really?! That is the number one thing I have against liberals. They claim conservatives are sooo closed-minded and that they are super open-minded; but they are only open-minded about their causes. Nothing else. Every one of those participants had a smile on their face after/while shooting. The other comment I thought was funny was the girl that said just because it was enjoyable doesn't mean it should be legal. I wonder if that is the same way she feels about marijuana...

Uhhh..., liberals and anti-gunners are different creatures:
http://www.theliberalgunclub.com/
Had a look at that site, it just felt kinda creepy. They really feel they can have their cake and eat it too!

I know it's not all black and white, Liberal Dem 100%, Conservative Repub. 100%. We all have gray areas on certain issues! No party speaks just for me but.......

With the exception of guns, these guys seem to have swallowed party line, hook, line and sinker! Why bother? Do they really think they can influence a party that runs on "common sense gun reforms" as one of its main talking points?

Do they really help the cause, or are they muddying the waters, giving false hopes to Liberal gun owners?

I wan't to laugh at it, but it honestly Makes me sick.... Too many encounters with lib-tards and flower power hipsters and the realization that they're affecting our country and my rights to chuckle. I'm not not nor have I ever been a bully, but is it me or was that guy 'askin for a swirly or at least a dumpster dunk... Geez:rolleyes:

Last Edited:
Had a look at that site, it just felt kinda creepy. They really feel they can have their cake and eat it too!

I know it's not all black and white, Liberal Dem 100%, Conservative Repub. 100%. We all have gray areas on certain issues! No party speaks just for me but.......

With the exception of guns, these guys seem to have swallowed party line, hook, line and sinker! Why bother? Do they really think they can influence a party that runs on "common sense gun reforms" as one of its main talking points?

Do they really help the cause, or are they muddying the waters, giving false hopes to Liberal gun owners?
Virtually every gay or lesbian pro-gunner more or less has to be a Democrat, given how so many Republicans profess a desire to criminalize or "convert" them. Just like Repubs span a wide spectrum of beliefs and policies, so too do Dems.

The problem, of course, is that the mainline R's & D's who actually wield power are totally captive to corporate money. The ultra-rich have forged a kleptocracy where they are above all law, but you and I are subject to ever more invasive and confiscatory government policies.

Pointing a finger across the aisle just plays into the hands of those "divide & conquer" uber-rich. Think different!

criminalize or "convert" them??? If I was gay, I would be more worried about losing our REAL freedoms including gun rights than whether some Christian owned Bakery will be forced to bake my wedding cake! Or whether my civil union can be called Marriage.

LGBTs do not HAVE to be a Democrat as you say, Many Republicans are only conservative on fiscal issues only for example. When they have gay kids do you think they switch parties? I'll bet there are plenty of gay fiscally conservative, small government types out there.

They just keep quiet about it so they'll keep being invited to parties;)

I'm not a Republican and have voted against them in the past. They seem to have been taken over by appeasers. But at this point in time, they're the best chance IMHO to slow down the train wreck we as a nation are heading for. It's also the best chance of keeping the gun rights we have left!

I'd add one more thing. The LGBTs have a far better chance getting a majority of Republicans in their corner on so called Gay issues, than the gun advocates have of getting Dems in their corner on preserving the 2nd Amendment.

Now we're finally getting somewhere. I have several friends who are liberals and most are middle of the road. One couple has tried a few times to show me the error of my ways, but the rest of them let me be me and I do the same for them. We're not nearly as far apart as the media and political "leaders" seem to want us to think. If someone wants to shoot with me my only concerns are that they can do so legally and responsibly. I don't give a rip who they vote for. (I know, I know - votes are important. Not my point.)

Oh man, that was a great video! I loved the end when the 3 girls literally jumped back when the guy racked the 870 in demonstration. That sound has literally been burned into the minds of Hollywoodlandias like "DANGER DANGER WILL ROBINSON!"

Yeah, goes to show how people can talk a good talk and believe they actually know what they are talking about until they actually experience it in real life. Then, as the video shows, people are conflicted because the new information doesn't fit with their old ideas. These newbies felt f-ed up that they enjoyed the rush of power firing guns, and then struggled to squeeze their teeny-tiny Anti- ideas back on their heads like a baseball cap that's now too small to fit.

Not once did they stop to consider what they were mentally doing to guns they could easily apply to motorcycles and see the absurdities of their position. "Wow, what a rush it is to ride motorcycles but I know statistics showing how freeking dangerous bikes are, so we should all just grow up and ban motorcycles for the good of everyone involved."

None of us are exempt from that thinking process BTW. We all believe we know what we are talking about before living the experience. Some of us are courageous enough to actually experience whatever we demonized and often find it ain't half-bad. We then feel all weird and slightly guilty that we actually liked what we previously demonized. then some actually change our positions and grow from the experience while others hunker down and deny their experience in favor of their their mental positions. It's how we grow (or not).

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top