JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'd think the SEIU and the public sector (Teacher's Unions etc.), would cancel out the hard hat labor unions. In any case after the dust settles we're left with the Kitzhaber's, Burdick's etc. in the end. The same left that appeases the enviro types, the educated white guilt types, and the open border advocates seems to lean anti-gun when put in office.

Anyways, I think my son is so pro-2nd because of his dad , who is a respectful descent person ( I try )and he sees this as an example of good gun ownership in what he sees in me. It is why gun owners who practice stupidly piss me off.
LIKE CARRYING rifles into the capital during a rally, :s0054: talk about poor choice making.

What on earth is wrong with that?
If you obey the anti constitutional ordinance anyway and have your CHL whats the issue?
Secondly, we are firearm owners.. We come in many different sizes, genders colors, professions and beliefs but we hold one thing sacred.. While you think hiding your rights is the "proper" thing to do others practice their constitutional freedom.
Libs do it all the time with the "Freedom of speech" and believe me there is a whole host of things I don't agree with.. Yet they may practice it anyway they choose..

Isn't the right to bear arms also a freedom of expression?
I think the best thing an OCer can do is be friendly, calm, articulate and informed.. Which most are.

Libs do it all the time with the "Freedom of speech" and believe me there is a whole host of things I don't agree with.. Yet they may practice it anyway they choose..

Yeah, they'll be doing that "freedom of speech" bike riding here in front of my house, in front of my underage kids in 4-6 months. State granted. But we need to be dressed in suit and ties while they ride around only wearing shoes.

Yeah, they'll be doing that "freedom of speech" bike riding here in front of my house, in front of my underage kids in 4-6 months. State granted. But we need to be dressed in suit and ties while they ride around only wearing shoes.

Yeah someone should go vaseline all their seats :-/\/
You could go commission with a proctologist waiting at the end of their ride.
Maybe enough to get a couple new AR's...............

Yeah someone should go vaseline all their seats :-/\/

The police would arrest me if I did anything to them and the courts would convict me. They are protected in their self expression, even in front of my little kids. :complain:

It shows how sick our "justice system" is these days and they cant seem to see the error in actually giving out the permit. Unbelievable.

I'd think the SEIU and the public sector (Teacher's Unions etc.), would cancel out the hard hat labor unions. In any case after the dust settles we're left with the Kitzhaber's, Burdick's etc. in the end. The same left that appeases the enviro types, the educated white guilt types, and the open border advocates seems to lean anti-gun when put in office.

What you say is true in terms of election outcomes, but when it comes to lobbying to stop bad bills, having people in the liberal camp talk to their legislators is really useful. It might not change their STATED position on a bill, but it can definitely change their emphasis and blunt the energy behind the drive. In the last session in Oregon, many of us liberal gun owners talked to our legislators, including some of Burdick allies. We didn't convince them to change their minds, but I believe we helped them decide to go do something else with their time.

many of us liberal gun owners talked to our legislators, including some of Burdick allies. We didn't convince them to change their minds, but I believe we helped them decide to go do something else with their time.
Want to convince them to change their minds too? If Libs Voted against the Dems for one election cycle in Oregon it would push them back towards the center and away from our guns. Hell if the Right had a lock on this State as much as the left does, I'd maybe Vote Dem once in a while just for checks and balances. One party shouldn't have so much control. It's not healthy IMHO.

Want to convince them to change their minds too? If Libs Voted against the Dems for one election cycle in Oregon it would push them back towards the center and away from our guns. Hell if the Right had a lock on this State as much as the left does, I'd maybe Vote Dem once in a while just for checks and balances. One party shouldn't have so much control. It's not healthy IMHO.

Can't say it won't happen...

Hey folks. Out of respect for Joey and the forum, please follow the Community Rules.

The Golden Rule of NorthwestFirearms.com

As a member of NorthwestFirearms.com, you are responsible for the public image of this community and of gun owners in general.

Every member needs to be aware of and responsible for how they and this site appear to the public and fellow gun owners, on and off this website. Yes, that means that what you do or say elsewhere, online or off, can jeopardize your membership here. Negativity is the last thing gun owners need...

9. All political discussion must be directly related to firearms, gun rights, or the second amendment.

There are many different people here with many different viewpoints on various issues. Like religion, discussing these issues here is highly likely to offend and very little good can come of it. We need to be focusing on the things that bring us together (firearms), not the things that have the potential to divide us (politics).

<broken link removed>

That would stop the trouncing of the constitution for sure. But with a D behind their name it seems to stand for stubborn Dumb.

After 25 or 30 yrs of dem governors look where this state is. Angle cities, social spending for non tax paying Americans and Illegals. Everyone except tax payers and the loss of middle class jobs with absolute reverse growth in mfg and mfg jobs. Lets see will dem REALLY single issue vote for 2A while voting against santa claus. If the 2A libs were really going to promote our gun rights then why the silence just like the muslim non terrorists silence. Never going to happen. PLease prove me wrong. Show me in the next election that dems really are gun toten constitutionalist. I won't hold my breath.

before anyone forgets. james brady is a republican. arnold is a republican.

if you really believe republican representatives won't sell out gun owners in a millisecond if they think they could profit from it, you are only fooling yourself.

keep whining about liberals though. ignoring the real threat -- gun grabbers are in all political parties.

You're right DMax. I think it's hard to convince a Union guy or a low/no wager to vote against their wallet vs. gun rights. Short term Santa delivers all right but sooner or later his bag is going to get empty! I gave up talking to anyone who I.Ds themselves as progressive or Dem or lib for the most part. If I do happen to find myself in a conversation with one who will listen (hah!) then I try to get the point across about one lost election won't put a dent in the goodies they're getting under current management.
If they bring up Rino Republican gun grabber exceptions or think it's healthy to keep voting one party in year after year I tell them to look how that worked out for Ca.! and I ain't just talking guns.

Where I work, I've seen the most anti-gun positions from conservatives vs. the more liberal side. Positions like "you shouldn't be able to own a silencer", "assault weapons should be banned", "you have too many guns", etc. It's not as simple as many folks would like it to be.
I think your miss-identifying these PPL. Conservatives support the BOR. It is possible to be fiscally conservative, even socially consertivive and still be a Progressive Commi/fascist

In my personal experience Liberals are petty, childish, entitled, broken people who project their own deeply damaged persona's onto others.
I have seen them break promises simply to prove they had the "Power" to do so, even when it destroyed their standing among their peers.
Liberal gun owners are internally ashamed to be seen to own guns, these are the PPL that lined up to self-register as a gun owner.
Liberals that know gun owners will likely turn them in with no provocation as it fills a deep desire to harm others thinking that it elevates themselves, I have seen this type of behavior several times and so have rarely shared my situation with them.

You just need to know how to talk to them. I explained to my hippie artist friend who works part time as a roofer that throwing lead in the dump is wasteful. It just leads to toxic mining and smelting. It is much better to shoot a berm at the range where it will get mined eventually and remelted. Reduce-reuse-recycle you know. Now I get lead scrap from all the vent flanges he comes across during tear-offs.

before anyone forgets. james brady is a republican. arnold is a republican.

if you really believe republican representatives won't sell out gun owners in a millisecond if they think they could profit from it, you are only fooling yourself.

keep whining about liberals though. ignoring the real threat -- gun grabbers are in all political parties.

If those statement help you justify the progressive 2A onslaught glad if works for you. Their are some republican progressives also you named 2 and there are many more. At this point in time you can't name one Republican state that is implementing gun control like the onslaught of progressive states currently taking there states gun rights away. So go ahead and get your sleep while the rest of us deal with the 90% of the threat while you dream of the 10% problem.

Hey folks. Out of respect for Joey and the forum, please follow the Community Rules.

The Golden Rule of NorthwestFirearms.com

As a member of NorthwestFirearms.com, you are responsible for the public image of this community and of gun owners in general.

Every member needs to be aware of and responsible for how they and this site appear to the public and fellow gun owners, on and off this website. Yes, that means that what you do or say elsewhere, online or off, can jeopardize your membership here. Negativity is the last thing gun owners need...

9. All political discussion must be directly related to firearms, gun rights, or the second amendment.

There are many different people here with many different viewpoints on various issues. Like religion, discussing these issues here is highly likely to offend and very little good can come of it. We need to be focusing on the things that bring us together (firearms), not the things that have the potential to divide us (politics).

<broken link removed>

:s0112::s0112::s0112::s0112:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews