JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Clearly there are narrow-minded people here, insulting others without a clue.

Which was alluded to in the original posting. No further explanation necessary as to the validity of the statement Stomper alleges is false.

I didn't allege anything was false (or true)... I was actually ASKING about what SPECIFIC kinds of POLITICAL RHETORIC they were inferring....

as for "log cabin" and "closet" Repubs... I don't trust ANY of them around my "gun"!! :D

BTW- Let's stop pooping in this person's thread... its rude.

I like that - lol!
Liberals are folks who support all ten amendments of the bill of rights. Who don't just focus on A2 but realize that you need the right to speech, assembly, freedom of worship, protection against unreasonable search and seizure, self-incrimination, a ban on cruel and unusual punishment and arrest without probable cause. We believe that the purpose of our government is to provide for common defense and also to promote the general welfare. How we all get there is up for debate, but if you believe in these fundamental rights, you are a liberal.

Someone better tell all of the people masquerading as liberals that they are not liberals after all! The liberals that I know personally, as well as those I see in action, do not seem to believe in the bill of rights in it's entirety at all.

Why not liberal gun groups? Lets face facts promoting conservative gun groups and talking just among conservatives is like preaching to the choir with lots of high fives and glad hands, but does this really grow our base of supporters?

Why not liberal gun groups? Lets face facts promoting conservative gun groups and talking just among conservatives is like preaching to the choir with lots of high fives and glad hands, but does this really grow our base of supporters?

Exactly!

I'd go say far as to say blatantly insulting those of differing political views is as helpful to our cause as donating vast sums to the Brady Campaign. The more we, as 2A supporters, malign the left-leaning and moderate folks, and spew hate towards them, tell them they aren't allowed to stand for the same rights we stand for, the more people we push away from seeing our perspective. Call them neutered commie libtards, and see how many minds and hearts you can change that way. Maybe instead, invite them to the range and/or have a friendly fact-based discussion with them, and it may just result in one more vote against some anti-gun ballot measure that could surface someday, another vote against anti-2A politicians, and another advocate for 2nd Amendment rights.

Yep, I have gay friends and relatives. I trust them with my guns (and theirs) at least as much as any of my other friends and family members. Much more than the kind of closet cases you're no doubt surrounded with.

I'm curious, though, why you think the details of someone's sex life has any effect on their gun handling skills.... Did you have a scoutmaster who failed to keep his finger off the trigger until he was ready to fire? :s0114:

:D:DYou big city fellers gonna have to explain all your ways to this small city fellow. Got no idea how you took this to a sexual thing but it seems to be important to you. <Edit, keep it clean guys>. :s0112::s0112::s0112:

Exactly!

I'd go say far as to say blatantly insulting those of differing political views is as helpful to our cause as donating vast sums to the Brady Campaign. The more we, as 2A supporters, malign the left-leaning and moderate folks, and spew hate towards them, tell them they aren't allowed to stand for the same rights we stand for, the more people we push away from seeing our perspective. Call them neutered commie libtards, and see how many minds and hearts you can change that way. Maybe instead, invite them to the range and/or have a friendly fact-based discussion with them, and it may just result in one more vote against some anti-gun ballot measure that could surface someday, another vote against anti-2A politicians, and another advocate for 2nd Amendment rights.

When I lived in Seattle, I had the pleasure of taking a couple of "city folk" out to the range. I don't know what their political standing was, it never came up, but I'm pretty sure both were left leaning. Neither on had fired a firearm before, and they had a blast! (pardon the pun) It was an extremely positive experience for all of us. I like to think that will make a difference if they ever have to vote on a gun related issue.

Um, what rhetoric is that? Is there a vast right-wing conspircay against compentency training, and shooting ranges? This Conservative-Libertarian is ALL FOR proper training in the safe handling (and implementation) of firearms. Is what being implied perhaps referring to mandatory licensing/registration with/by some (if not potentially all) authorities (Local, State, or Federal), or is it that there a perceived mental mind-picture "liberals" have of "right-wing" citizens that frequent those places/activities? :huh: Please elaborate if you would! :)

BTW- I'm GLAD to see a growing number of "left-leaning" citizens rising up to (re)CLAIM their rights as US Citizens! :s0155:

I wouldn't call it a perceived mental mind picture but a realistic impression of how people who don't fit a certain stereotype often get treated at gun shops, ranges, etc... I can't even count the number of people who have come to me, the Pink Pistols or other groups for basic training after feeling uncomfortable with the political environment in mainstream gun culture. There was even the incident last year where a shooting instructor kicked a former Marine who voted for Obama out of a class, saying he wouldn't teach liberals. <broken link removed>
That was an extreme position but not a completely unusual attitude unfortunately.
And yes, the Liberal Gun Club has encouraged me to bring as many firearms to their conference as I wish.

:D:D Well in fairness to the original poster I suggest they take Zachs back to Chicago with them so he can give an open arms review to all members of the shooting community. I am certian he will give a good performance in accepting people into a gun community.

jj

I wouldn't call it a perceived mental mind picture but a realistic impression of how people who don't fit a certain stereotype often get treated at gun shops, ranges, etc... I can't even count the number of people who have come to me, the Pink Pistols or other groups for basic training after feeling uncomfortable with the political environment in mainstream gun culture. There was even the incident last year where a shooting instructor kicked a former Marine who voted for Obama out of a class, saying he wouldn't teach liberals. <broken link removed>
That was an extreme position but not a completely unusual attitude unfortunately.
And yes, the Liberal Gun Club has encouraged me to bring as many firearms to their conference as I wish.

Well that's they way groups of people are, even anarchists ala the Red and Black cafe.

Though I differ with Ross's politics I honestly do feel he is reaching a group that is unreachable by conventional means and in that I support him 100&#37;.

When I lived in Seattle, I had the pleasure of taking a couple of "city folk" out to the range. I don't know what their political standing was, it never came up, but I'm pretty sure both were left leaning. Neither on had fired a firearm before, and they had a blast! (pardon the pun) It was an extremely positive experience for all of us. I like to think that will make a difference if they ever have to vote on a gun related issue.

I've taken a couple of California transplants out shooting. I know one of them had never touched a gun or been around them outside of seeing a LEO with one. They really enjoyed it. I'm sure it helps to have people see that guns aren't always evil horrible instruments of death and that some of us are responsible people unlike the people in gun related stories on the news who are either criminals, morons or both. Of course, responsible use of anything doesn't make good news. I doubt people would watch a story of someone's commute. Now if they're drunk, run down a few people, and launch their car through be assured the news will be there to sensationalize the whole event.

Well that's they way groups of people are, even anarchists ala the Red and Black cafe.

Though I differ with Ross's politics I honestly do feel he is reaching a group that is unreachable by conventional means and in that I support him 100&#37;.

And this is only one upcoming example of that. Last week I and others of the Pink Pistols were invited to take part in a large meeting of gay rights groups at a community center in North Portland, responding to several queer bashing attacks in recent months. We gave a talk on the importance of getting gun training, CHLs, etc. and were very well received. Afterward I even ran out of business cards to hand out.

And this is only one upcoming example of that. Last week I and others of the Pink Pistols were invited to take part in a large meeting of gay rights groups at a community center in North Portland, responding to several queer bashing attacks in recent months. We gave a talk on the importance of getting gun training, CHLs, etc. and were very well received. Afterward I even ran out of business cards to hand out.

THAT is really good organizing. Congrats!

liberals 4 guns..

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA..... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHAAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAHAAAAAAAHAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaa........ heheh haha... hhaaaaah. mmmm.. OK.

any "liberal" who's supposedly "pro-gun" is confused. in order to be "liberal," you have to believe people are far too stupid to own anything resembling a gun.

this is just a perfect example of how most "liberals" are actually libertarians, but don't know enough to know what they are.

my father is a perfect example. we've had left vs. right debates for most of my life... i finally sat down with him and drew out the "political spectrum," and listed on the spectrum all the different important aspects of political alignment. on a scale of 0-100, with 0 on the far left being communism and 100 on the far right being anarchy, he landed at about a 85. he flipped his lid, accused me of making it up, called it bull bubblegum, etc.

freaken typical "liberal" moron has no clue what he is.

"Honor thy father and thy mother."

I've a butt-load of liberal friends that are also gun owners and 2A advocates. Good on them for supporting the Second Amendment. All pro-gunners should be accepting support from any and all persons and entities in good legal standing. We need all the help that can be mustered.

I've a butt-load of liberal friends that are also gun owners and 2A advocates. Good on them for supporting the Second Amendment. All pro-gunners should be accepting support from any and all persons and entities in good legal standing. We need all the help that can be mustered.

:s0112::s0112::s0112::s0112: :s0112: :D:D

Good description.:s0112::s0112:

jj

Only reason Im a member of this forum that is based on a region of the united states that is 800 miles from my locality, is the other gun forum Im a member of wants to kick me off for not being completely right wing in my view points on other issues.

Same goes for Republicans who make less than a million a year!:s0114:

Me any My Mom LoL'd at that! HAHAHAHAHA its SOOO true

I would agree. This is a good idea for the sport and hobby. Welcome and promote them with open arms and let those who have been taught that they are evil killing machine really see what they are. A simple tool and toy.

I am disappointed in the snide remarks in this thread. It is this attitude that drive's people away giving us the moniker "gun snobs" or "gun nuts". Pissing these people off is just throwing away precious votes at a critical time.

We have a great opportunity on the horizon here, best to not blow it.

I too, routinely, take other people shooting who've never been before...from radicals, to liberals, to conservative, to apolotical...every single one of them enjoyed it and some continued. So, we should ditch the labels and actually talk to each other about our beliefs and fine common ground with as many people as possilbe. We will build more gun owners and 2A supporters that way.

(My one liner response to the previous comment was intended to point out why labelling people is so ineffective.)

Rhetoric notwithstanding, IME there is virtually no correlation between degree of "left-leaning" or "liberalism" or "progressivism" and a proclivity towards personal firearm ownership. Political boosterism is just that - Americans vote for candidates, not constitutional rights.

The converse case regarding "rightists" and ownership might be more strongly correlated, however.

As far as all this broad-brush insult-hurling goes, youse guys really should switch off the AM and get out a little more.

Me, I'm just glad that Obama reversed Reagan's ban on CCW in National Parks.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top