JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The Liberal Gun Club is drawing its members together for their first national convention this July. I've been invited to be one of the guest speakers which I'm pretty excited about. Posted below is the press release about it.

Ross Eliot, editor
AGCR

Phone: 2803-956-9486 June 26, 2010
Email: [email protected]

Media Advisory – The Liberal gun club Announces national convention of moderate and left-wing gun rights activists in Chicago, June 9–10

The Liberal Gun Club (LGC), which provides a voice for gun-owning liberals and moderates on gun rights, gun legislation, firearms safety, and shooting sports, is pleased to announce its first national convention in Chicago, Illinois on July 9–10, 2010. Members from Portland, OR to Boston, MA, as well as local Chicago members, will meet to discuss political action for promoting gun ownership and other civil rights as well as to meet together in the camaraderie of the shooting range.

The LCG convention will be the first national meeting joining activists from the growing number of moderate and liberal-learning gun rights organizations. Several of these groups, such as the D.C.-based Democrats for Gun Ownership (DfGO) to the edgy liberal “Gun Zine” American Gun Culture Report (AGCR), will be presenting and networking at the event.

“Discussing gun rights and responsibilities in Chicago is especially important at this time,” said LGC Executive Director, Mark Roberts. “Due to the pending Supreme Court case [McDonald v. Chicago] expected to overturn Chicago’s long-standing hand gun ban, there will soon be several million new potential hand gun owners looking for training and guidance.”

“One of the things we will be unveiling at the convention is our new Basic Firearms Course, which has just been added to the list of approved basic firearms safety courses for the state of Massachusetts,” said Roberts.

Roberts notes that many liberal and moderate gun owners do not seek appropriate firearms training because of the right-wing political rhetoric that often surrounds such courses—and shooting ranges. “But it’s essential that*gun owners who are unfamiliar with the proper operation, maintenance and storage of their firearms protect their families by also getting properly trained,” he said.

David Lauer, government affairs officer for Democrats for Gun Ownership (DfGO), sees tremendous potential for the convention to accelerate the liberal gun rights movement that has been building for several years, and which currently includes gun rights caucuses in several Democratic state parties, such as Oregon and Texas.

“It has always been our hope that we could find willing partners to this task, and indeed LGC*is just such a champion,” said Lauer. “We are excited to move forward with them*in an appeal to fellow Democrats to exercise both their First and Second Amendment rights that we might protect both in a day and age when they are sorely in need of stalwart defense.”

Ross Eliot, founder and editor of American Gun Culture Report (AGCR), agrees. "Easily defined political structures are breaking down and both AGCR and the LGC are gleefully swinging the wrecking ball. Sweeping aside stereotypes about liberals regarding firearm and self defense issues is one of the most effective ways to foster dialogue and forge relationships between Americans who didn't realize they had so much in common all this time. What took so long?"

Additional information on The Liberal Gun Club is available on their website at http://www.theliberalgunclub.com/.

###

Roberts notes that many liberal and moderate gun owners do not seek appropriate firearms training because of the right-wing political rhetoric that often surrounds such courses—and shooting ranges. “But it’s essential that*gun owners who are unfamiliar with the proper operation, maintenance and storage of their firearms protect their families by also getting properly trained,” he said.

Um, what rhetoric is that? Is there a vast right-wing conspircay against compentency training, and shooting ranges? This Conservative-Libertarian is ALL FOR proper training in the safe handling (and implementation) of firearms. Is what being implied perhaps referring to mandatory licensing/registration with/by some (if not potentially all) authorities (Local, State, or Federal), or is it that there a perceived mental mind-picture "liberals" have of "right-wing" citizens that frequent those places/activities? :huh: Please elaborate if you would! :)

BTW- I'm GLAD to see a growing number of "left-leaning" citizens rising up to (re)CLAIM their rights as US Citizens! :s0155:

Um, what rhetoric is that? Is there a vast right-wing conspircay against compentency training, and shooting ranges? This Conservative-Libertarian is ALL FOR proper training in the safe handling (and implementation) of firearms. Is what being implied perhaps referring to mandatory licensing/registration with/by some (if not potentially all) authorities (Local, State, or Federal), or is it that there a perceived mental mind-picture "liberals" have of "right-wing" citizens that frequent those places/activities? :huh: Please elaborate if you would! :)

You know the media...always has to twist the truth. In reality us right-wing nuts just don't want MANDATORY requirements. Of course we're all for people going out and getting trained...but any chance to put the right-wingers in a lime light is always a great opportunity.

liberals 4 guns..

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA..... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHAAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAHAAAAAAAHAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaa........ heheh haha... hhaaaaah. mmmm.. OK.

any "liberal" who's supposedly "pro-gun" is confused. in order to be "liberal," you have to believe people are far too stupid to own anything resembling a gun.

this is just a perfect example of how most "liberals" are actually libertarians, but don't know enough to know what they are.

my father is a perfect example. we've had left vs. right debates for most of my life... i finally sat down with him and drew out the "political spectrum," and listed on the spectrum all the different important aspects of political alignment. on a scale of 0-100, with 0 on the far left being communism and 100 on the far right being anarchy, he landed at about a 85. he flipped his lid, accused me of making it up, called it bull bubblegum, etc.

freaken typical "liberal" moron has no clue what he is.

BTW- I'm GLAD to see a growing number of "left-leaning" citizens rising up to (re)CLAIM their rights as US Citizens! :s0155:

Here are some more liberal 2nd amendment groups

http://bluesteeldemocrats.blogspot.com/

<broken link removed>

http://guntotingliberal.com/

http://www.nodc.us/

Lots more out there too.

As for the rhetoric, I hear stuff at the range all the time from loud mouths
about politics. You can only take so much complaining sometimes.

Clearly there are narrow-minded people here, insulting others without a clue.

Which was alluded to in the original posting. No further explanation necessary as to the validity of the statement Stomper alleges is false.

At least the trolling methods here aren't real advanced. Some are essentially flamebait. Probably good enough to get a response though.

Same goes for Republicans who make less than a million a year!:s0114:

I like that - lol!
Liberals are folks who support all ten amendments of the bill of rights. Who don't just focus on A2 but realize that you need the right to speech, assembly, freedom of worship, protection against unreasonable search and seizure, self-incrimination, a ban on cruel and unusual punishment and arrest without probable cause. We believe that the purpose of our government is to provide for common defense and also to promote the general welfare. How we all get there is up for debate, but if you believe in these fundamental rights, you are a liberal.

"The Liberal Gun Club (LGC), which provides a voice for gun-owning liberals and moderates on gun rights, gun legislation, firearms safety, and shooting sports, is pleased to announce its first national convention in Chicago, Illinois on July 9–10, 2010. Members from Portland, OR to Boston, MA, as well as local Chicago members, will meet to discuss political action for promoting gun ownership and other civil rights as well as to meet together in the camaraderie of the shooting range."

Some funny things here. Chicago has very strict gun control put on its citizens by liberals. They are being fought in court right now and will be challenged by the city government if the people get the right to Keep and bare arms. Holding a meeting where the city is firmly against the rights of the people financially supports that city. Liberal gun rights group is paying for the city to take guns away.

Liberals telling liberals it's allright to own guns :s0112::s0112: got to ask what restrictions ownership will have with it?

jj

edited to add

“We are excited to move forward with them*in an appeal to fellow Democrats to exercise both their First and Second Amendment rights that we might protect both in a day and age when they are sorely in need of stalwart defense.”

Who are they protecting their rights from ? Yep from democrats trying to take them:s0112::s0112::s0112:

:D:D you being from eugene I am sure your association with the log cabin group is close. Do you trust them with guns??

jj

Yep, I have gay friends and relatives. I trust them with my guns (and theirs) at least as much as any of my other friends and family members. Much more than the kind of closet cases you're no doubt surrounded with.

I'm curious, though, why you think the details of someone's sex life has any effect on their gun handling skills.... <Edit, keep it clean guys> :s0114:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top