JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm looking for suggestions of a left handed bolt gun w/threaded barrel in 22LR. I bought a RPR, but it's right handed so now I want to move onto something that is perfect for me. I'm currently leaning towards a Bergara B14R, but I frankly am not overly familiar with the world of rimfire beyond the 10/22, so if anyone can offer a review of the bergara or point me in a different direction I would appreciate it.

Wow, that's the biggest display of lefty guns I've ever seen in one place 🤣

CZ used to offer the 452 in .22LR in a left hand action. Not sure if they offer anything in left handed anymore?
I didn't see anything on their site. That was my first choice.

I didn't see anything on their site. That was my first choice.
Too bad. They discontinued the 452 within the last 10 years. I guess if you wanted the lefty bolt CZ, it would be searching for a used one, or NOS sitting on a dealers shelf for quite some time. If that is the route you decide to pursue, maybe consider posting a WTB ad on RimfireCentral.com. Lots of CZ owners on there.

Years ago, I met a man who was a commercial airline pilot from New Zealand who was always looking to buy left handed rifles.
Seems that there are a lot of lefties born in New Zealand and he was always in the market for them.

CZ 457 is in left hand.

Both the American model and Varmint.

Tikka T1X MTR is supposedly available in left hand though I've never seen it in the wild.

CZ 457 is in left hand.

Both the American model and Varmint.

Tikka T1X MTR is supposedly available in left hand though I've never seen it in the wild.
Sorry, I should have said they aren't available in lefty with a threaded barrel. I called a LGS to look for the T1x, but they only had a lefty in 17hmr. They did however have the Bergara and in this oh so wonderful climate we are in here in Oregon... You get what you can, so I bought it.

Thanks everyone for your input on this whirlwind adventure 😜

Sorry, I should have said they aren't available in lefty with a threaded barrel. I called a LGS to look for the T1x, but they only had a lefty in 17hmr. They did however have the Bergara and in this oh so wonderful climate we are in here in Oregon... You get what you can, so I bought it.

Thanks everyone for your input on this whirlwind adventure 😜
Forgot about the Bergara. You won't be in bad hands with that one.

I was in Cabela's a few weeks ago and this was sitting in the gun room. It wasn't there for long!

20230425-134734.jpg

20230425-010133.jpg

I suppose, if you had to cut some threads in the muzzle, you could do such a sacrilegious thing!

Another vote for the Tikka T1x with 16" barrel.

They were unobtanium for a while, but I see them pop up here and there on Gunbroker, Eurooptic, or Midwest Gun Works.

If your taste and budget are higher, the new Anschutz 1761 looks fantastic but I've never seen one in the wild.

Damn, I should probably buy an optic for the BMR I picked up 🤬

I've had a couple of left hand rimfires both Savages ended up selling them and building a custom 10/22,
I bought a right hand Tikka T1x thinking I would sell it when the left hand models became available only thing is I'm very happy with my right hand Tikka, CZ is a great rifle but they don't sell a rifle in the configuration that I want so I would have to play build a gun and that turns into money.

I own a Savage MKII FVT (the target version of the MKII) I have built a target scope for it. I find the little MKII a very very accurate rifle. I would imagine the left hand threaded barrel version would be similar.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top