JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I saw a dude in NW Armory with a cape once; I wouldn't sell a gun to a dude in a cape.
Don't judge me bro....

1679578317626.png

They are a lot of crazies out there. For example, look at the streets of San Francisco and Portland. Not only do we have to watch out for crazies and criminals, but we also have to watch out for normal-looking people with severe mental health issues. A lot of those normal-looking crazies can buy guns legally too. It's a good thing LGS spotted this one guy out.

I saw a dude in NW Armory with a cape once; I wouldn't sell a gun to a dude in a cape.
I would sell to the cape guy just because I am curious what someone wearing a cape would purchase...
Was the style of cape a super-hero type or a sophisticated European gentlemen with a cape worn over the shoulders of his evening tuxedo while carrying an elaborate cane?
I am picturing the later and I bet be wasn't shopping for a Glock... Perhaps an HK sub-gun or even silver bullets to put down a troublesome adversary.

I would sell to the cape guy just because I am curious what someone wearing a cape would purchase...
Was the style of cape a super-hero type or a sophisticated European gentlemen with a cape worn over the shoulders of his evening tuxedo while carrying an elaborate cane?
I am picturing the later and I bet be wasn't shopping for a Glock... Perhaps an HK sub-gun or even silver bullets to put down a troublesome adversary.
Young, dressed with like a t-shirt and a semi formal looking cape if I recall.

Last Edited:
When I was at J&B in September to fill out the BGC for a transfer, one of the employees there claimed that they had a guy at one point trying to force the 3 day rule after purchasing a firearm. He wouldn't let it go so they ended up refunding him. The guy was allegedly later in the news for murdering his ex.

Granted, the employee also referred to the 3 day rule as the "Charleston Loophole" so he might be a Fudd that just talks a lot.
I think specifically asking for a loophole is a pretty big red flag. This whole thing sounds more like Tucker Carlson doing another candid camera good on gun dealers if it wasn't for the later arrest.

Just flew in from Asia, wtf?
Was jetlag an issue?

I spent time as tech support for MSM, saw lame reporting day in and day out.

I'm guessing Yakima staff reporters may not be the cream of the crop. And here I thought Yakima was an agricultural community.:s0026:
I wondered the same about him flying in from overseas. I know foreigners can buy but i think they need to at least be a greencard holder or permanent resident.

At one of the Portland Expo gun show, my brother and I reported an idiot who was clearly delusional and was planning a mass shooting attack against a local school in East Portland. He was blattering on about the kids are aliens and they are being prepared to attack us. He was looking for baby style targets and was looking for ammo.

Nobody in that vendors section wanted to report him but my brother and I did.

Portland PD came and they did their thing and sure enough, we were told, he was preparing for an attack. Got the whole TV show style map, timing of attack, etc, etc.

It's too bad it wasn't talked about in the MSM in Oregon because it doesn't fit their agenda that some right wing gun owners reported a lunatic planning an attack.
It's usually they want the right wing to be the lunatic and nobody cared for it.

That's their agenda.

There have been enough studies to show that being vigilant, being pro-active in reporting when it is heard or talked about, and just being aware has prevented more attacks than just minding our own business because of privacy.:s0161:

There are some vendors that won't talk to my brother and I because they still felt it violated that lunatics privacy.

You don't need to be told this, but you did the right thing.
Communities of all kinds that are under public scrutiny need to really get on top of policing themselves better internally. Or else outsiders will. Be it the trans issues on the left or gun nuts on the right, this is what they don't understand and often you end up with some outsider with no clue trying to create some blanket rule on entire communities. The bad actors in these groups draw the most and worst kind of attention, and if we don't oust them ourselves we will be judged with them. This is the biggest and most insidious tool for the media. Mass hysteria gets ratings. The bad actors tend to be the most fractionally tiny % of any given group and if said group doesn't reject these fools, they get to say "that's what they're all like." To make it worse, these mass hysterias are the used as wedges to drive people apart in their pursuit of the American dream and create mass distraction from the real issues of mass theft of our rights and property.

Those vendors should be ashamed of themselves.

I think specifically asking for a loophole is a pretty big red flag. This whole thing sounds more like Tucker Carlson doing another candid camera good on gun dealers if it wasn't for the later arrest.
It's not a loophole, though. It's a part of the laws that was specifically and intentionally left open to prevent the gov from violating our rights.

Hence why calling it the "Charleston Loophole" makes one sound like a Fudd. That and of course the fact that the Charleston shooter passed his BGC and didn't commit his shooting until weeks after using the 3 day rule.

So simply asking about its use shouldn't really be a red flag. Getting too pushy about it might be one...and the gun shop of course doesn't have to honor the rule. Discretion and all.

It's not a loophole, though. It's a part of the laws that was specifically and intentionally left open to prevent the gov from violating our rights.

Hence why calling it the "Charleston Loophole" makes one sound like a Fudd. That and of course the fact that the Charleston shooter passed his BGC and didn't commit his shooting until weeks after using the 3 day rule.

So simply asking about its use shouldn't really be a red flag. Getting too pushy about it might be one...and the gun shop of course doesn't have to honor the rule. Discretion and all.
I wasn't there I don't know how he was presenting. Im just imagining the difference between a guy saying "I need to buy a gun using a loophole" and "are you using the 3 day rule" is a massive difference in sketchiness.

It's also not a loophole because eventually your ID is going to be run, and eventually the state police are going to know a restricted person is in possession of a firearm, if he is a restricted person. I kind of consider the 3 day rule a customer courtesy that can be offered if the seller knows the person or if they're particularly nice to deal with. I just picture this person a sweaty frantic mess speaking in disjointed babble... After all he drew plenty of attention to himself.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top