JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi,

Just thought I would let everyone know that Bi-Mart on Powell has a bunch of LeverEvolution on sale for only $19.97 a one pound can. That is as cheap a rifle powder for 6.5 Grendel as I have seen in awhile. I went hunting for Powder the other day, hoping to find CFE223 or H8202XBR for my Grendel; no luck for those. In fact Cabelas was completely out. Sortsmans had some shotgun powders. Fisherman's had some IMR4895 and some other shotgun powders. Bimart had a good selection of pistol and rifle powders in stock, including Win748, another Grendel powder, and H110 for us 300BLK and 357 loaders, a bunch of HS-6 (which is one of my favorite powders for 10mm), and 700X - my go-to powder for most of my other Pistol loads. But I was thrilled to find LeverEvolution on sale for just under $20. Especially since I payed $35 a can when it rolled out a few years back for my 30-30. I found a lot of load data on-line for LeverEvolution for my Grendel, and presumably for my 6mm ARC when I get it (CMMG said my barrel won't ship for 10 weeks!).

Just thought folks might want to know.

Rodney

Anyone with experience with the LeverEvolution powder? Getting ready to work up some loads for a Marlin .357, Marlin 30-30,and a Winchester .375.

Last Edited:
I just use the Hornady data to load FTX 160gr, and they rock in 30-30. Doubles plus some the effective accuracy and range in my model pre-64 model 94. The FTX 160gr and Monoflex 140gr are supposed to be very effective. They have a video of them taking an antelope here in southern Oregon at 460 yards with a Marlin 30-30 using the 140gr. SST round. I loaded some ol'fashioned 150gr. flat point hard cast lead and they are more accurate than I was expecting using LVR. I just used the Hornady book loads since it was just for play/target.

Max for LVR for 140gr. Monoflex is 35.1gr.
Max for LVR for 160gr. FTX is 37gr.
I split the difference for 150gr. at 36gr.

Rodney

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top