JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Personally I think tac is a valuable asset to this community. He has spelled out time and again for us just what it takes to legally own firearms in the UK.
Yes he has and it's been an education for me!

Another forum I am a member of has a few from the UK and they as well report on the same.

The lever action Winchester is the only thing that saved Great Britain from the Zombie Apocalypse. I am surprised it is now being banned!

1608322610972.png

Rrrright....
Gotta ban those "assault rifles" from the late 1800s. Because...it's an assault rifle.

Just wait until Biden and Harris finds out.:s0123:

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
The lever action Winchester is the only thing that saved Great Britain from the Zombie Apocalypse. I am surprised it is now being banned!

View attachment 794262

It isn't.

Read the posts, it's a different kind of lever action.

The ban bans MARS-type rifles and carbines - Manually-Activated Release System, like Callum is showing in the Youtube movie - NOT UNDERLEVER actions of any kind.

Last Edited:
Tac, are lever actions banned in the UK? Or subject to the same regs as bolt actions?

No, underlever-action rifles and carbine from Winchester, Marlin, Rossi, Browning, Savage whatever, are HUGELY popular here in UK, especially for Gallery comps that replaced police pistol for the most part. They are firearms just like any other firearm and subject to the same LAWS - not regulations - as any other Section 1 [Rifled] firearm.

The only long arms currently banned in UK are ANY centre-fire self-loading rifles or carbines. Hence the popularity of bolts, underlevers and so-called black rifle look-alikes of all kinds. In fact, ANY kind of action you can think of, so long as you have to load it yourself - one way or another - repeater or single shot.

Self-loading shotguns that hold more than THREE cartridges are treated as rifles and classed as a Section 1 firearm.

Any pump-action shotgun is treated as a rifle - classed as a Section 1 firearm.

Any long-barrelled handgun is classed as a Section 1 firearm.

Any RIFLED replica muzzleloading long arm is classed as a Section 1 firearm. Any smooth-bore muzzleloading longarm is classed a a shotgun, even if you shoot a single projectile - a ball - in it. A Brown Bess, Charleville, Springfield of the same era is classed as a shotgun. I'll cover the acquisition of a Section 2 shotgun certificate later, if required.

Any replica handgun - smooth or rifled - is classed as a Section 1 firearm.

Any shot gun MUST have a barrel longer than 24 inches.

I can own ANY antique firearm without any kind of license. IF it is a cartridge firer, like a .50-70 Springfield Trapdoor - that's fine - the cartridge is obsolete and unavailable.

BUT, IF I wanted to shoot it - that is another matter altogether. It must become a Section 1 firearm in law. For that to happen -

1. I MUST be a full member of a gun club.

2. I must have a Firearms Certificate on which that firearm is authorised and registered by type [rifle] and serial number [whatever it is].

3. I must have authorisation to hold a certain amount of ammunition for it.

However, if I want to own an original Trapdoor Springfield from 1873, then that is automatically a Section 1 firearm, simply because .45-70 Govt ammunition is readily available here, albeit at a price. Same goes for .45-90, 45-110 and .45-120.

Any more questions will be given the best answer I can provide. Any flames/derogatory remarks/veiled insults will not just be ignored - the poster will be instantly and permanently put on my so-far empty ignore list.

The only long arms currently banned in UK are ANY centre-fire self-loading rifles or carbines. Hence the popularity of bolts, underlevers and so-called black rifle look-alikes of all kinds. In fact, ANY kind of action you can think of, so long as you have to load it yourself - one way or another - repeater or single shot.

Self-loading shotguns that hold more than THREE cartridges are treated as rifles and classed as a Section 1 firearm.

Any pump-action shotgun is treated as a rifle - classed as a Section 1 firearm.

Any long-barrelled handgun is classed as a Section 1 firearm.

Any RIFLED replica muzzleloading long arm is classed as a Section 1 firearm. Any smooth-bore muzzleloading longarm is classed a a shotgun, even if you shoot a single projectile - a ball - in it. A Brown Bess, Charleville, Springfield of the same era is classed as a shotgun. I'll cover the acquisition of a Section 2 shotgun certificate later, if required.

Any replica handgun - smooth or rifled - is classed as a Section 1 firearm.

Any shot gun MUST have a barrel longer than 24 inches.

I can own ANY antique firearm without any kind of license. IF it is a cartridge firer, like a .50-70 Springfield Trapdoor - that's fine - the cartridge is obsolete and unavailable.

BUT, IF I wanted to shoot it - that is another matter altogether. It must become a Section 1 firearm in law. For that to happen -

1. I MUST be a full member of a gun club.

2. I must have a Firearms Certificate on which that firearm is authorised and registered by type [rifle] and serial number [whatever it is].

3. I must have authorisation to hold a certain amount of ammunition for it.

However, if I want to own an original Trapdoor Springfield from 1873, then that is automatically a Section 1 firearm, simply because .45-70 Govt ammunition is readily available here, albeit at a price. Same goes for .45-90, 45-110 and .45-120.

Any more questions will be given the best answer I can provide. Any flames/derogatory remarks/veiled insults will not just be ignored - the poster will be instantly and permanently put on my so-far empty ignore list.
In some British (UK) videos I see a lot of what look like Ruger Mini 14's - but needing to be re-charged manually.
Are these mini 14's with out any gas system operating?

Always wondered... since you're here.
Thanks.

In some British (UK) videos I see a lot of what look like Ruger Mini 14's - but needing to be re-charged manually.
Are these mini 14's with out any gas system operating?

Always wondered... since you're here.
Thanks.

Yes, anything you see that looks like an AR, Min-14, Garand, FAL, AUG - anything that you can have as a semi-auto in centrefire has to be manually-operated here in ALL of UK. Look up Southern Gun Company - Bob smith makes a whole range of stuff like this for the Civilian Service Rifle comps - what we used to do with our semi- and how have to use the MANOPS.

The Mini-14 production stopped the instant that Bill Ruger Snr was cold - no US gunmaker wants to be associated with a look-alike gun. However, tell that to Lewis Machine Tool, who make three versions of the latest British service rifle for the Designated marksman role.

Note the prices - £1 = $1.35 today..$4673.00 for something that YOU get for around $3K.

Sadly, the M4 MARS at the bottom is no longer legal - his advertising copy went to bed before the ban was announced. :(

1608480378650.png
The law states that they have to have been MADE, ab initio, as a no-gas-component single-shot rifle. There are no parts in it like yours - no gas-block, no piston, no HOLES!!

The sear and remainder of the trigger group and even the rails inside the lower are totally different. Where you have a rail, we have a slideway and so on. Imagine looking end to end along the rail - left is yours, and right is ours - plus, it is 0.125" narrower as well overall

See -

1608481318603.png

It would be impossible to convert - if you could convert it, then you could also make one from scratch.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top