JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Marlin made a plain-jane edition of the 1894c (.357) with lesser quality "furniture" about 8-10 years ago. It was a special run, I think just for Big-5 stores and just for awhile. Mine's not ugly. It's just not beautiful. Think "burl of packing crate."

I would have happily paid more for a nice older Marlin with beautiful wood grain, or perhaps some handsome checking, but there was nothing else around, anywhere! No regrets though. It's a sweet rifle, extremely versatile and accurate. Total keeper.

In fact, this edition might even seem less "delicate" for some if it's just going to be a utility/truck gun anyhow. I own no safe-queens. Nicks and scrapes happen over the decades. And I'd be far less concerned if I knocked a gouge into my cheapo Marlin than something nicer. Ironically, it's probably the most unblemished, pristine thing I own.

The point? Pay attention to the wood if you're contemplating a trade for a used one. While one seems no better or worse when it comes to how the rifle functions, I'd guess that an 1894c with nicer furniture would be worth more than the Big-5 model.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top