JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just received a older Leupold Vari X II 3X9 Scope Ser# 255531E with some other stuff I got ... It is in EX++ shape with just 1 real small mark on the barrel that I see ... The optic's are also fine .....

Question ... I have checked around on other used ones for sale and sold ... to put a price on this one .... I have seen some really dinged up ones go in the $150.00 to $175.00 range .... that surspised me .... are they becoming collectable ? ... and what is one in the shape mine is in worth ?

Thanks for the help ... I can usually figure this stuff out on my own ...
Doug

374533937.jpg

Are interested in selling,or just putting a value on it for your own info..?

You may be close for insurance info.

Actual cash value may be less, as there are lots of "new and improved" type out there, some with blue reticals and some with illuminated red dots, etc..
What someone would pay and what you might like might be surpising..

What, many someone's would pay would be the actual cash price..

Sorry to sound so elusive, but many a book, or wish pricing does not really relate to now when money's are tight.. You might check out the Gunbroker.com auctions and look at sold items..
Just my .02/c worth.. SR

I don't really think they're collectables but most people know if they have one that goes haywire they will rebuild/replace it for free. Like new scope for cheap.

When I buy used products I dont like to pay more then 50% of the original/current value unless there is something I want/like that I can no longer get new. Guns are an exception to this rule for me, scopes are not. Condition ALWAYS has a big say in the price of a used product. New there still $300. Hunting season is just around the corner and in the condition yours is in I would not take less then $200 if it were mine. In off season not less then $175. My .02

Just look on E-Bay. I hate them, but they will show you fair market value for your scope. Do not look at auctions with the buy it now price. Only look at auctions that have bids. Keep the auction number and you can check after the auction ends to see what it sold for. Should be a 175.00-220.00 scope. John

E-Bay has 1,471 Leupold scope auctions running at this time. Most of the auctions on gunbroker are not true auctions. Most have a starting bid of the full sale price. John

leupold scopes hold their value because they hold their quality.. VXII 3x9s are definately not "collectable," there's billions of them out there. but when you buy a used one, you can be almost certain that even if it's beat up, it still works just as good as the day it rolled off the assembly line.

my father used to work for leupold.. 10 years or something. even after a bad ending with them, he still says they're the best value in riflescope on the market today.

The best thing about Leupold is that they have a forever "No Fault" warranty. Leupold is the only scope that I would buy used because the company ALWAYS stands behind their products. And, they are manufactured in Oregon!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top