JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Darn, I've owned Leupold made Redfield optics and they were quite nice.

"The sale of Redfield to Academy Sports + Outdoors is part of our continued strategic focus on the Leupold brand," said Bruce Pettet, president and CEO of Leupold & Stevens. "We will continue to produce the world's best performance optics for the elite outdoor athlete."

Hot dam, now to convince my wife that I'm a "elite outdoor athlete" so I can buy another scope... :s0132:

On a serious note: I see this as a good move for Leupold and I applaud their continued support of Redfield products that predate the sale of the brand. :s0155:

Good to know, Leupold still a family owned, successful Oregon business, will focus on core products while still supporting their "Redfield" products. They may not be the "best" optics in the world, but their warranty, and customer commitment remain world class! Their history and support for the shooting sports so consistent over the years, and have not forgotten their helping hand in another, family owned, highly regarded Oregon business "Nosler" during a period of need!

Good for Leupold and good for Academy. Good for the Redfield name? Well...we shall see. I note that the "brand" (basically the ownership of the Redfield name) was sold. AFAIK, not the designs, tooling, vendors, etc. So, it could be re-branded Chinese scopes. Could be re-branded Zeiss. Who knows? Much more likely I think is a spectrum ranging from low-end teasers to perhaps medium high-grade optics. Traditionally (1950s-1970s) Redfield was one of the best, but the market has changed almost completely.

Regrading such sales, I am not impressed with Burris under Beretta ownership. Ah, but so goes the world.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top