JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently had to return my cabelas 3-12 x52mm Alaskan Guide scope (the zoom quit working) the thing I really liked about the scope was the extended zoom range and the huge objective lens.
I have almost a 400 credit with Cabelas now and I'm trying to figure out which scope to buy. (they have discontinued the model I had)

One of the scopes Im looking at is the Leupold VX-II 4-12x50mm Riflescope

Does anyone out there have this scope, or have used it??

Anyone have suggestions on what I should go with in the 500ish range?

Thanks!

DocZ

If you have technical questions, call Leupold & Stevens on the weekdays between the hours of 7:30AM and 4:30PM Pacific time.

The number is,
five-o-three six-four-six nine-one-seven-one,
that's the receptionist's number.

The tech guys are awesome.

Charles is spot on the tech guys at Leupold are amazing! Several of them train consistantly at OFA and also co-teach our rifle courses teaching the optics portion of the class. Be prepared for them to ask you in what application and environment you'll be using the optics.

When I owned a gun shop...and before I knew the Leupold folks on a personal level...I stopped selling all the other brands of optics and sold only Leupold. They're product for the money is awesome and the support is amazing.

Also when you buy Leupold you help support the local economy. Their shop is local and even most of their vendors who do work for them are local! I know first hand the riggers they put their vendors through to insure quality. You can always trust them to give you a quality product.!

Thanks Guys That kinda firmed up what I already thought. Leupold is the best. The ones I've used in the pas have always been great, but I had a couple people telling me to check out the Nikon and other brands... I think I'm going to stick with what I'm used to and like one of you said they're right here in the metro area (Hillsboro is it??).
It looks like I can pick up that scope I mentioned for about 479 plus the rings... Does anyone have a new or almost new set of leupold 1" rings they want to trade for a almost new set of leupold 30mm rings??

Thanks again guys,

DocZ

Thanks Man Will, DO!
I don't know if this is really the right place to post it, but what do you guys think about laser range finders?? I have never used one, but am thinking about getting one. Any one have some experience with them, steer me to or away from a particular model/brand??

Thanks DocZ

Dr. Z...you should probably start a new thread on the range finders...I own the Leupold model...it is great - use it all the time in good and bad weather with no issues. Takes some getting used to the menu transitions but other than that - solid performer.

Thanks Man Will, DO!
I don't know if this is really the right place to post it, but what do you guys think about laser range finders?? I have never used one, but am thinking about getting one. Any one have some experience with them, steer me to or away from a particular model/brand??

Thanks DocZ

hey even a cheap laser is worth its weight in gold for long range shooting.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top