JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have always been impressed by their warranty and customer service. Lots of photos of binoculars and scopes that have been burnt, dropped, etc. that have been replaced. They are very confident about their product and it shows.
That's what happens when you buy a Chinese scope for $100 and sell it for $750.... The warranty is built into the price. The only vortex products worth owning are the razor gen 2 Scopes and amg scope. Everything else is junk including their made in China razor binos and spotters.

That's what happens when you buy a Chinese scope for $100 and sell it for $750.... The warranty is built into the price. The only vortex products worth owning are the razor gen 2 Scopes and amg scope. Everything else is junk including their made in China razor binos and spotters.
I have heard the opposite. Lots of people like their glass and it performs well.

Lots of people wouldn't know quality optics if they were hit in the head with one.

They are cheap over priced chicom products with great support (built into price).

I refused to throw good money after bad. I am done with Leupold.
I will be precise. My rangefinder failed after 2 years having been stored very carefully in my humidity controlled optic case. I used it maybe 5 times in the field.

I did a root cause analysis of the failed unit, and came to the conclusion the flexible ribbon cable connecting the two electro optical sub assemblies was the root cause of the failure. I was not able to source a repair part, so the $400 unit is scrap. The part is just really budget quality Carbon ribbon cable.

I was advised most Chinese made rangefinder manufacturers use the same internals as Leupold. If they look the same they are. This is probably a case of good enough engineering. Chinese got my money one time.

To those who say the Leupold optics great, the electro-optics are not, and I will stand by that statement

Last Edited:
Lots of people wouldn't know quality optics if they were hit in the head with one.

They are cheap over priced chicom products with great support (built into price).
Well Einstein, which scope company would you recommend?

And I know, don't feed the trolls, but I genuinely want to hear what he/she thinks is better than vortex and is in the same price range.

Well Einstein, which scope company would you recommend?

And I know, don't feed the trolls, but I genuinely want to hear what he/she thinks is better than vortex and is in the same price range.
Leupold, hands down. They have budget lines like the rifleman to compete with Vortex. I own quite a few of both Vortex, and Leupold. Comparing apples to apples, Leupold is far superior in quality and workmanship imho.

It all depends on the specs the company gives em. IMHO with leupold you spend $300 on the name and $100 on the scope.
Not even close to true. Seems reminiscent of the old Kimber debates. Some love them, others, who generally can't afford them, just say they are overpriced junk, and you're paying for the name, without ever even owning/shooting one. Probably no need to play that tired old argument out here.

Leupold, hands down. They have budget lines like the rifleman to compete with Vortex. I own quite a few of both Vortex, and Leupold. Comparing apples to apples, Leupold is far superior in quality and workmanship imho.
I was directing that towards NK02 about which optics company he would recommend as a replacement for a Leupold instead of Vortex but it's good to get other opinions.

Not even close to true. Seems reminiscent of the old Kimber debates. Some love them, others, who generally can't afford them, just say they are overpriced junk, and you're paying for the name, without ever even owning/shooting one. Probably no need to play that tired old argument out here.
Seems reminiscent of me trying the VX-Hog to similarly priced scopes and finding the similarly priced scopes to be better.

Now the higher end Leupy scopes is where they can compete with others. Though I have my preferences even then.

Last Edited:
Seems reminiscent of me trying the VX-Hog to similarly priced scopes and finding the similarly priced scopes to be better.

Now the higher end Leupy scopes is where they can compete with others. Though I have my preferences even then.
I doubt it. I've seen this nonsense before when the hi point guys say their gun is as reliable as a sig. they are entitled to be wrong.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top