JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been trying to organize my "stash" since i retired the end of December and the other day I came across this scope. Anyone else have one? Do you like it? Use it? I'm thinking I traded for this but never used it, battery is dead. I'm pretty sure my "Truck Binoculars" came in a "Matched Set" with the scope? I'm thinking it might work well as a carry along scope for my Henry Survival Rifle in the truck? What do you all think 1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

Leupold Prismatic Tactical - 1x14mm | all4shooters

I like the idea of Leupold red dot. However they haven't hit the mark on a red dot yet. This and their new ones pictures below, are big and bulky and have reports of horrible battery life. Minus their Delta Point, they are behind in the red dot game in my opinion. I'd say that optic definitely has some collectors value as I don't think they made a whole lot of them. Or they didn't sell well, I recall them being usual Leupold expensive when they came out. I'd put it on a gun I don't use often and keep a bunch of extra batteries nearby.

upload_2019-6-19_9-22-1.jpeg
upload_2019-6-19_9-22-17.jpeg

Battery life definitely makes or breaks an otherwise slick sight.
I have a Leupold Delta point pro on my R1 and think its the cats meow for my screwed up eyes. Movement actuated turn on and auto shut down allows the battery to last a long time. Over six months for those who carry daily. I suspect much more for me since I pack a sig 9 for 3/4 of the time. Just a turn with a dime or shell rim and a lid on top pops up when the battery does need replacing. I haven't turned it off since I put it on.
IMGP0140.JPG front sight now gone and awaiting a filler yet to be made.

I have a Vortex prismatic and picked it over the Leupold. I liked the Leupold a bit better, but to me the price differential didn't justify the difference. I have not regretted the purchase of the Vortex.

Prismatics are heavier than red dots, but have an etched reticle, so if you lose power you still have a sight. For me, the bigger thing is that I have enough astigmatism that a red dot is just a blur, there the prismatic is still nice and sharp. I can acquire a target very quickly with these so they are ideal for self defense and CQB.

I have two and like them well enough. The down sides are the mount height system and the illumination. The riser blocks and mounting system in general are not a tight fit and will move when bumped unless you "bed" the surfaces with blue loctite. Fine after that.
The illumination is not daylight bright although I admit I rarely use the illumination anyway.
They are discontinued but I just had both of mine serviced.
Great glass but it could have been so much more if they had modern reticles or some kind of BDC.
I have heard the Leupold will customize a reticle with bullet drop "dots" but not sure they do that anymore.
They are built very tough.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top