JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You can't really go wrong with either. Since the Revolution is made in the USA I would guess they are built on the exact same equipment by the same people. Maybe hit up Cabela's or other large sporting good store and handle them both and see if they have a physical difference you prefer.

The Revolution is on par with the VX-1, but it has click adjustments instead of the stupid friction thing offered on the VX-1. I've got a 2-7x 33 objective for sale, it's too short for the 06, but if you're willing to go with an offset mount it'll work. It's $40 cheaper NIB and comes with rings.

I was thinking the same thing, and someone else threw a Vortex Diamondback into the mix, managed to throw together this little sheet of the main differences.

scopes.JPG

I can see some things are higher/lower than others, but i don't know if that's better or worse to have.

Last Edited:
The Revolution is on par with the VX-1, but it has click adjustments instead of the stupid friction thing offered on the VX-1. I've got a 2-7x 33 objective for sale, it's too short for the 06, but if you're willing to go with an offset mount it'll work. It's $40 cheaper NIB and comes with rings.

I saw others mention that adjustment, but looking at Leupold's site, it says click;

Leupold said:
1/4 MOA Finger Click
Finger click adjustments for windage and elevation (¼-MOA) offer absolute repeatability and dependability over a lifetime of extreme use (metric adjustments – 1 cm per click).

I was thinking the same thing, and someone else threw a Vortex Diamondback into the mix, managed to throw together this little sheet of the main differences.
I am a fan of Vortex, but in this case when I can purchase two American (Oregon) made scopes over a foreign made scope I wouldn't consider it. In other price ranges where there is no American option Vortex is a great option.

I'm going with the VX-6 pretty soon, made in America with an awesome warranty. I'm not sure if the leupold flip up caps work with the VX-1 or not, but they screw on as opposed to the Butler Creek ones that aren't really held on with anything.

Leupold must have changed to click then, that wasn't the case a little bit ago. At the same price, get the Leupold.

Just updated the chart as i had the eye relief mixed up for the Redfield.

And, so long as the stats are all there, it really does look like the VX1 has the best specs, and they're all the same price.

Unless anyone has any arguments, it looks like it's the VX1.

Re the update, their site does say this, but no mention of when it was new.

Leupold said:
There's much to tell about our new VX®-1, but here's how the story ends: No other scope in its class comes even close the the quality, performance, and value of VX-1. With our revolutionary Quantum Optical System, with lead-free glass and Multicoat 4 lens coatings, the result is up to 92% total light transmission, and a sight picture that is incredibly bright, clear and razor sharp. Better have one atop your favorite rifle.

Look into those flip up caps, they're like $100, but they look pretty awesome! Also, talk to jbett, he's got a boatload of scope bases and rings.

I have both of those other than a different power range on the Revolution. I will recommend the Redfield everytime. I was told by a rep the Redfield has one step up in glass over a comparable Leupold at the same price point. I believe it. The 4-12 Redfield is a great scope for the money.

Just about everyone who looks the the Revolution. ... "WOW!".

I wonder if that's just for the different magnification?

Technically the vx1 isnt the same price, msrp-wise, but they're selling the same.

If anyone cares… the Revolution model is made in Oregon.
The Battlezone and Revenge models are made overseas

Yes, revolution line is made by Leupold.

So i went and looked in Sportsmans tonight; Could barely tell the difference between all three i have in the table above :(

I'll have to check again, or maybe look for what differences i'm likely to see.

I bought two of the 52mm Revolutions when they first came out, One is still in the box, but the other on my Armalite AR-10. Seems okay to me

I had a family member who worked in production at Leupold for almost 2 years.

Some of the Redfield parts/etc. might be slightly lower quality than the similar price point & model Leupolds, as I heard, it depends on the models.

I owned a pre-Leupold Redfield for decades and it was a good scope. I also own about 5 Leupolds (not to mention the two Leupold spotting scopes) and a Burris. All good scopes in my experience and opinion.

Personally, if the scopes are similar in features and price, then I would go with Leupold as it would probably hold its resale value better.

Sorry, forgot to update this, i ended up grabbing the VX1 and, uh, it's still in it's box ready to be fitted. That rifle fitting is way down the line of gun work i need to be getting on with :(

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top