Leupold Freedom RDS problem

Reactions
So I was shooting my CMMG Banshee 300 Mk10 (10mm) and my RDS kept blinking off and on with most pulls of the trigger, sometimes staying off until I turned it back on. It seemed like the recoil was causing phantom button presses. Anyone have this trouble or know what might be happening?
I opened battery compartment, reseated battery, tightened cap, no help. Should have tried a new battery, but it's been used only one other time and is maybe 6 mos old and kept indoors in safe.

arrowshooter

Reactions
I do not know first hand about the RDS, but do know that it can happen. I had another name brand red dot on a 300 BLK pistol and went through two of them for the exact same reason before i switched brands. You should be able to send it back to Leupold, or the seller, for exchange.

Reactions
Do not test battery voltage
Do not change the battery
Do not contact Leupold customer support
Just box it up and send it to me for long term testing and evaluation :s0062:

UPCOMING EVENTS

Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Rimfire Challenge Dec 12th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Adaptive Firing Solutions. A+
    5 stars does not do Adaptive Firing Solutions justice. I have done business with him multiple times and wish I could give at least 12 stars...
  • Limitless America
    5.00 star(s)
    Awesome shop
    Love this shop. Purchased a few items from them. Always have a lot of parts in stock without much markup. Purchased two cans this summer from them...
  • Gator's Custom Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Great, old school gun shop
    The store is a treasure trove I have found magazines for H&K, Ruger and M1A's and at great prices. The staff is knowledgeable and friendly and...
    • GWS
  • HighLine Firearms
    4.00 star(s)
    great place
    nice guy, local
  • Sportsman's Warehouse - Albany
    5.00 star(s)
    Good products at good prices with friendly and knowledgeable staff!
    We like to visit the Albany location as it's closer but have been to several others and they have all been great!:D
Top Bottom